Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Card has been announced but instead of Max vs Frankie it's Joanna vs Rose in the third title fight slot.

Still a fantastic main card.

Has it been confirmed by the UFC? Is Khabib v Tony no longer for a belt? That definitely deserves 5 rounds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Helwani is Khabib Ferguson isnt looking likely but Tony v Kevin Lee is possible now.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Helwani is Khabib Ferguson isnt looking likely but Tony v Kevin Lee is possible now.

Oh really? That'd be an interesting one. What would they do with Khabib though? Maybe him vs Barboza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Django99 wrote: »
    Oh really? That'd be an interesting one. What would they do with Khabib though? Maybe him vs Barboza?
    If they're not doing Tony vs Khabib it's because they're keeping Khabib for Conor in December I'd say.

They wouldnt trust him enough to show up or make weight imo.

• Advertisement

If they're not doing Tony vs Khabib it's because they're keeping Khabib for Conor in December I'd say.

That would make sense, but would it not be a huge risk to bank on Khabib staying injury free and making weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

They wouldnt trust him enough to show up or make weight imo.

But if Conor is pushing for him which he seems to be then he'll get it and they'll just throw someone else from 155 top 5 on the undercard to be safe.

Paddys day 2018 McGregor v Woodley 170lb strap is my guess.

Paddys day 2018 McGregor v Woodley 170lb strap is my guess.

In Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

In Ireland?

No chance.

• Advertisement

In Ireland?

I couldn't see him fighting in Ireland again.

I really just want to see the top LWs fighting again, a whole year is gonna pass without McGregor, Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza and Diaz fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

For anyone thinking of hitting up UFC217 the Knicks are playing in the garden the night before. Dunno where weigh in's will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Django99 wrote: »
    That would make sense, but would it not be a huge risk to bank on Khabib staying injury free and making weight?

I fail to see how this makes any sense given Khabib is the guy who couldn't make weight and seems injury prone.

If I'm Tony and Khabib gets Conor, having been unable to show up for the interim bout I'd freak out....If I'm Conor, I'd go for Khabib to do that to Tony :D Good god he'd have a meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Pettis v Poirier looks like it's happening. Hard to call the winner of this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0WVCrjvjK/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Poirier easily beats Pettis imo

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

xtal191 wrote: »
    Poirier easily beats Pettis imo

I can see paths to victory for both , very interesting match making, if I had to pick I'd go with poirier , but he does go wild when he smells blood, could be his downfall .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fantastic and honest interview from dc on the mma hour this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭robwen

Did anything ever come out of Woodleys threat to leak some sh1t if he didnt get a public apology from Dana?

Fergson vs Lee for 216....its an odd one. I dont think they had any else. They have also slapped a interim on it. Which is odd of mcgregor is to fight before the end of the year.

The good news is Cody vs TJ and Max vs Edgar will surely be at least one of the fights on 217..... JJ vs Thug is sure to fall there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

robwen wrote: »
    Did anything ever come out of Woodleys threat to leak some sh1t if he didnt get a public apology from Dana?

they met and are all happy again, woodley said he was never gonna say anything and should have never mentioned it.

I've went from hating Lee to coming around to him now, hes cocky but hes been calling out everyone demanding Khabib and Ferguson gotta respect it beat the piss out Chiesa too so hes legit thats a great fight with Ferguson lined up cant wait for it.

I've went from hating Lee to coming around to him now, hes cocky but hes been calling out everyone demanding Khabib and Ferguson gotta respect it beat the piss out Chiesa too so hes legit thats a great fight with Ferguson lined up cant wait for it.

Nothing against Lee at all. Dont think a no 7 ranked deserves a title shot though.

WTF happens if he wins..... i cannot see anyone being too happy with Mcgregor vs Lee

dashoonage wrote: »
    Nothing against Lee at all. Dont think a no 7 ranked deserves a title shot though.

WTF happens if he wins..... i cannot see anyone being too happy with Mcgregor vs Lee

He active though, Khabib Barboza Diaz all sitting on the couch who else deserves it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He active though, Khabib Barboza Diaz all sitting on the couch who else deserves it?

Nobody. A great reason to NOT have an Interim title on the line.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nobody. A great reason to NOT have an Interim title on the line.

The division needs to move on it'll be a year since McGregor won it, hes no fight planned so an interim belt is fair enough in this case they need a champion to promote while Conor is off doing other sports, Ferguson has long earned a title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Safest option to have an Interim fight, just in case Floyd puts Conor out of competition for a while and he is not bale to fight this side of 2017 like JK said he would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I actually think i would enjoy the build up to mcgregor v kevin lee if it was to happen. Lee likes to talk **** just as much as conor does

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Was hoping Conor would fight Khabib. Think he makes mince meat out of Ferguson/Lee

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement