Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So Danis agreed to fight on at 170 and the pissed and moaned about cutting weight so Tonon said let's do it at 180 to stop Danis ducking the fight and now he weighs on 4lbs over.

I hope Gary snaps rips knee apart tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »

That's extremely disappointing. Hopefully it's a false positive or something. JDS is one of the more likeable guys on the roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Who do they feed to ngannou now then ?

Really dissapointed was looking forward to that scrap, i wonder if the ufc could convince overeem to take the fight. It would basically be a number 1 contender fight

ricero wrote: »
    Who do they feed to ngannou now then ?

Really dissapointed was looking forward to that scrap

They should just throw him in against Miocic for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow..I always say that everyone at the top of the game is juicing one way or another, but I genuinely would've believed JDS was one of the good guys.

What a let down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

They should just throw him in against Miocic for the craic.

**** it why not, I would love to see that fight

ricero wrote: »
    **** it why not, I would love to see that fight

Sink or swim innit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Not sure if this has been posted but this is a nice article on Owen Roddy
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/18/16163388/ballad-of-an-irish-son-owen-roddy-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor

Even Paul Kimmage retweeted it so you know it must be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Just browsing Reddit and there's a thread on Charlie Ward going at the moment. My god he seems like the biggest clown in all of MMA, and that's saying something.

> I beg you come my trailer cause I don't even have a house the government won't house the likes of me cause ***** like u can't live with in a 50 mile radius cause you'd be abused on a daily basis robbed -butchered-extorted like ur spine pulled out of ur back and beat around the head with it 😂😂😂

That's a comment on an Instagram post where he's asking for a rematch against Bofando, who handed him one of the most embarrassing UFC defeats in recent memory.

• Advertisement

Django99 wrote: »
    Just browsing Reddit and there's a thread on Charlie Ward going at the moment. My god he seems like the biggest clown in all of MMA, and that's saying something.

> I beg you come my trailer cause I don't even have a house the government won't house the likes of me cause ***** like u can't live with in a 50 mile radius cause you'd be abused on a daily basis robbed -butchered-extorted like ur spine pulled out of ur back and beat around the head with it ������

That's a comment on an Instagram post where he's asking for a rematch against Bofando, who handed him one of the most embarrassing UFC defeats in recent memory.

Is it me or am I wrong? but did Charlie Ward literally say "Have a nice day paying tax bitch" :eek:

Is it me or am I wrong? but did Charlie Ward literally say "Have a nice day paying tax bitch" :eek:

Yes he did. He's an embarrassment to travellers, MMA, SBG, and anything he's involved with going by those comments

Yes he did. He's an embarrassment to travellers, MMA, SBG, and anything he's involved with going by those comments

Bright side I can hate him now without feeling guilty :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So Danis agreed to fight on at 170 and the pissed and moaned about cutting weight so Tonon said let's do it at 180 to stop Danis ducking the fight and now he weighs on 4lbs over.

I hope Gary snaps rips knee apart tomorrow.

I ****ing hate Danis. Hope he gets butchered

> I beg you come my trailer cause I don't even have a house the government won't house the likes of me cause ***** like u can't live with in a 50 mile radius cause you'd be abused on a daily basis robbed -butchered-extorted like ur spine pulled out of ur back and beat around the head with it 😂😂😂

Please post the link of on to me.

Please post the link of on to me.

https://instagram.com/p/BXEDU25Ai5p/

The replies to his post are everything that is wrong with Conor fanboys. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Did anyone go to UFC 205? I'll be in NY for 217 and would love to go, but only if I can get a ticket for under $200 which will be very difficult I'd imagine. Very curious as to how about getting tickets and if it's at all possible to get some nosebleeds for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

moneyman wrote: »
    Did anyone go to UFC 205? I'll be in NY for 217 and would love to go, but only if I can get a ticket for under $200 which will be very difficult I'd imagine. Very curious as to how about getting tickets and if it's at all possible to get some nosebleeds for it?

I was at 205, heading to 217 as well. Very very very very unlikely to get a ticket for less than 200. I was fight club pre sale for 205 and paid 500 ish prob be similar this time.

dashoonage wrote: »
    I was at 205, heading to 217 as well. Very very very very unlikely to get a ticket for less than 200. I was fight club pre sale for 205 and paid 500 ish prob be similar this time.

I thought as much. Makes the whole event unlikely for me as I'd have to bring another person and not sure I could justify more than $400 total. At least we'll be there to soak up the atmosphere. I'd imagine the prices will be slightly less than 205 but not by much. Do you know any good bars to watch it at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's NYC. There's a million and one great bars you can watch it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not even close to the same experience, and a really odd post to make. Nothing beats being there.

I'd imagine so. Was just asking for a suggestion based on somebody's personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not even close to the same experience, and a really odd post to make. Nothing beats being there.

He asked about bars to watch it in, so no, nothing all that odd about it to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He asked about bars to watch it in, so no, nothing all that odd about it to be honest...

Missed that bit actually, apologies.

Mellor wrote: »
    Tonon def Danis by Heel hook
    Shields did Strauss by decision
    Phil Harris def Brad Picket by sub
    Shaolin def Caol Una be sub
    AJ Dec Lyons Cooper by decision
    Taza def Ross Nichols by Heel hook

Miha by Heel hook

Managed to miss this but going by results on Twitter you were spot on with the picks, just a few methods wrong. Most of them went to decision I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Managed to miss this but going by results on Twitter you were spot on with the picks, just a few methods wrong. Most of them went to decision I think

I thought Dillon competed quite well, he never looked in any real danger of being subbed and had one or two bright moments.

Tonon quoting Conor after the match was a bit stupid, you won give it a rest... only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

I thought Dillon competed quite well, he never looked in any real danger of being subbed and had one or two bright moments.

Tonon quoting Conor after the match was a bit stupid, you won give it a rest... only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Danis deserves to be ridiculed at every opportunity. He's a mouth piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Danis deserves to be ridiculed at every opportunity. He's a mouth piece.

Yeah but Tonon squeaking out a narrow decision win and going on like that is a bit embarrassing. If he subbed him, fine, gloat if he wants but it came across badly because Dillon was humble in defeat and said he's a phenomenal grappler who beat him fair and square.

• Advertisement

Yeah but Tonon squeaking out a narrow decision win and going on like that is a bit embarrassing. If he subbed him, fine, gloat if he wants but it came across badly because Dillon was humble in defeat and said he's a phenomenal grappler who beat him fair and square.

Danis deserves to be made a fool of. Since Tonon tore his knee apart two years ago Dillon did nothing but piss and moan.

Gary booked a rematch at 170 and then a few weeks before Dilldo starts trying to get out of it whinging about the weight.

Gary calls him out saying he will fight at whatever weight Danis ducking wants.

Danis eventually agreed to because he knew he'd look like an even bigger fool if he didn't.

He loses under the Rules agreed and starts talking about no time limit.

There is no rubber match, you lost two in a row to Gary, build a bridge and get over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement