Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Oh. And even after agreeing to change from 170 to 180, Danus still weighed in 4lbs over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,425 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

On my phone, so can't find my original post. But I think when this match was announced, I essentially said Garry tore him up 2 years ago. The gap is narrower now but Garry is still better. I think the match showed that pretty clear.
    Oh. And even after agreeing to change from 170 to 180, Danus still weighed in 4lbs over.
    In Dillion's defence regarding the weight. Polaris is putting on some fun events. But they mean fcuk all really. ADCC is next month, and is the most important Nogi event imo.

Garry is competing at 77kg/170lbs
    Dillion at 88kg/194lbs

I'm not necessarily agreeing with the way Danis went moaning about it. But I can understand that ADCC is his priority. He should have just had a quiet word, Garry would understand I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Any word on a prospective Bellator debut for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Not sure if this has been posted but JDS has been pulled from UFC 215.

Was looking forward to that one.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/francis-ngannou/francis-ngannou-reacts-junior-dos-santos-pulled-ufc-215/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah but Tonon squeaking out a narrow decision win and going on like that is a bit embarrassing.

True

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

That's extremely disappointing. Hopefully it's a false positive or something. JDS is one of the more likeable guys on the roster.

Ah balls, was just skimming the UFC events wiki and saw this. That's very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

im sick JDS popped, he is one of my favorites and always considered him a good guy, hopefully it gets reversed with B sample.

on the other hand im delighted the fight is off as I feel his chin has taken so much damage this fight could have really left a life long effect on him.

so hindsight, he lives another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

fitzparker wrote: »
    im sick JDS popped, he is one of my favorites and always considered him a good guy, hopefully it gets reversed with B sample.

on the other hand im delighted the fight is off as I feel his chin has taken so much damage this fight could have really left a life long effect on him.

so hindsight, he lives another day!

The A & B samples are taken at the exact same time.

It's 99.9% he's juicing with failing the A sample. They know what they're looking for in B too so it will be a quick turnaround.

callaway92 wrote: »
    The A & B samples are taken at the exact same time.

It's 99.9% he's juicing with failing the A sample. They know what they're looking for in B too so it will be a quick turnaround.
    Have they announced what he popped for? Might be a bit early to be wheeling out the 99.9%

Mellor wrote: »
    Have they announced what he popped for? Might be a bit early to be wheeling out the 99.9%
    On a completely different note, who's in this photo?

NcOteQN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Matt Serra, Gunnar Nelson, random Asian, random hippy fella, random tattoo sleeve fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,153 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Give it up Charlie, you aint getting another UFC fight no matter how much you beg Conor. Not UFC standard not even close. Fool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

hydrochlorothiazide apparently

Ush1 wrote: »
    Matt Serra, Gunnar Nelson, random Asian, random hippy fella, random tattoo sleeve fella?

Almost, you have correctly answered 4 out of 5.

Almost, you have correctly answered 4 out of 5.

Is it skinny young Conor and JK rolling with Sera in the background?

hydrochlorothiazide apparently

Never heard of it. But google suggests it's a diuretic

Is it skinny young Conor and JK rolling with Sera in the background?
    1 correct

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

On a completely different note, who's in this photo?

Serra in the back, a young Gunni and what looks like Eddie Bravo rolling - at a loss for the other 2.

Axwell wrote: »
    Serra in the back, a young Gunni and what looks like Eddie Bravo rolling - at a loss for the other 2.
    We have a winner!!!

18 year old Gunni rolling with Eddie Bravo, while the Terra' in the background.
    Not sure who the other two are either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We have a winner!!!

18 year old Gunni rolling with Eddie Bravo, while the Terra' in the background.
    Not sure who the other two are either.

Arggh I thought you wanted all 5, now I really want to know who the other two are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

don't know if anyone has mentioned this already..

Brian Stann is finished calling fights.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/brian-stann-announces-departure-from-ufc-commentary-position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Stann was a good colour guy. I'm going to guess that he'll move into a career in politics pretty soon or at least take a shot at it (After his real estate/MBA stint)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

#Stann2020 lets make america great again.

Not the worlds biggest fan of Matt Hughes the person but this is still good to see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYEpnztldLL/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Jon Jones done for steroids at 214, stripped of title. Disaster.

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/900151251219996672

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Jon Jones done for steroids at 214, stripped of title. Disaster.

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/900151251219996672

Oh my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Well he looks very stupid now doesn't he? Especially after all those post fight interviews.

Only 1 man to feel sorry for here and that is DC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice etc.

Hes tarnished his legacy too far. No coming back from this. Poor DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Poor dc gutted for the guy now. He always said jones was a cheater and he was dead right. I reckon jones has been on steroids for every single one of his fights except the osp fight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

"Tainted supplements" defence coming in 3, 2, 1...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement