Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ricero wrote: »
    Poor dc gutted for the guy now. He always said jones was a cheated and he was dead right. I reckon jones has been on steroids for every single one of his fights except the osp fight

Remember he hid under the ring to avoid a test.

Will his ban be a very long one now since its not the first time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tinie wrote: »

Read it there and they reckon 2 years. Hes done now, no way back from this. We will see him in bellator in a few years i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

They're saying 4 year ban upcoming.

The substance he popped for is apparently an anabolic steroid called Turinabol which google tells me was extremely popular among State-Sponsored East German doping in the 1960's

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

I watched the Netflix documentary Icarus the other day, and it went through my mind that virtually every top level athletes could be using PEDs. That there would be literally no one that would surprise me by getting caught.

And yet here I am surprised that Jones, who has been caught before, is caught again. It's just mind boggling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Lol he really is a disaster.
    Let him and Brock fight in Japan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

What an idiot, after selling everyone on his redemption story too. Fool. Kills the Brock fight too for the timebeing.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Lol he really is a disaster.
    Let him and Brock fight in Japan

Seems like Jackson-Wink have a drug cheating problem. Frank Mir popped for the same substance as Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

This probably justifies a thread of its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What an idiot, after selling everyone on his redemption story too. Fool. Kills the Brock fight too for the timebeing.

Not neccesarily, it could still happen as a pro-wrestling match in WWE. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

What an idiot, after selling everyone on his redemption story too.

Who the hell was sold on his redemption story?

Absolute idiocy from Jones.

• Advertisement

Btw if TMZ were the first to report it, it's because the UFC's owners leaked it to them directly.

That's how a celebrity gossip sit is able to beat everyone else to the scoop and even publish the substance in question.

Btw if TMZ were the first to report it, it's because the UFC's owners leaked it to them directly.

That's how a celebrity gossip sit is able to beat everyone else to the scoop and even publish the substance in question.

Dana White is good buds with the owner of TMZ. Knows him through Trump apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Who the hell was sold on his redemption story?

Fair point haha!

Dana White is good buds with the owner of TMZ. Knows him through Trump apparently.

A gang of absolute dirt bags.

Waiting for Dana's "Jon Jones was never my friend" speech :pac:

To be fair he has every reason to be apoplectic. This is overshadowing MayMac, not to mention robbing the UFC of their 2nd biggest draw.

- He failed the fight day test, the one test everyone knows is coming
    - And for a old school drug they have been looking for since 2012.

Mother of god

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

- He failed the fight day test, the one test everyone knows is coming
    - And for a old school drug they have been looking for since 2012.

Mother of god

I almost find it hard to believe that anyone is stupid enough to use such easily detected roids, never mind a multi-millionaire.

I almost find it hard to believe that anyone is stupid enough to use such easily detected roids, never mind a multi-millionaire.

The guy rammed a pregnant womans car and ran from the scene... took "d1ck pills" a few weeks before a mega fight... (not that I believe one word of it)...

We shouldn't be one iota surprised at anything completely idiotic or despicable he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Surely he can fcuk off being called the GOAT now....juiced up to bits for all his fights bar one supposedly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

What a ****in tool!
    Good riddance to the cheating scumbag. Gotta feel for DC in this situation too.

The guy rammed a pregnant womans car and ran from the scene... took "d1ck pills" a few weeks before a mega fight... (not that I believe one word of it)...

We shouldn't be one iota surprised at anything completely idiotic or despicable he does.

Like, if you're going to cheat, and you have access to money, your chances of getting caught should be minimal. It's like he's getting his stuff from the big ginger guy from the TV show Kingdom.

Such a clown.

There needs to be something written into bout contracts that if you fail and are found guilty by USADA then you forfeit your entire purse (+ppv etc when applicable) to your opponent.

The way it is now there's so little downside, if you get caught you sit out for two years. For people like Brock on or Jones making crazy money for fights, who cares if you sit out, you're still rich.

Like, if you're going to cheat, and you have access to money, your chances of getting caught should be minimal. It's like he's getting his stuff from the big ginger guy from the TV show Kingdom.

Such a clown.

There needs to be something written into bout contracts that if you fail and are found guilty by USADA then you forfeit your entire purse (+ppv etc when applicable) to your opponent.

The way it is now there's so little downside, if you get caught you sit out for two years. For people like Brock on or Jones making crazy money for fights, who cares if you sit out, you're still rich.

True but I find it hard to believe there's a coincidence with Frank Mir and Jon Jones both popping for Turinabol. I would suspect *someone* around Jackson-Wink has a lot of influence with susceptible, easily-led fighters.

If I had to take a wild guess, Jones seems like the type of guy who wouldn't go ahead and do much research when a "friend" tells him which is the latest steroid "they won't catch you for".

I know right, its gas.

See here:
    https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/900154724988723200

https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/900157092824322050

This is even worse seeing this now

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/888441810825228289

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have an infraction from 2012 for calling Jones a prick. I officially ask it to be stricken from my record :pac:

Even though leading up to the last fight, I was team Jones just because of how good he was and how easy it was to wind up DC, I switched mid fight roaring for DC to do it. Now, I feel so bad for Daniel, must be an emotional mess and I bet he still wants to fight him to see who is better (clean) but that fight will never come. Any word from UFC yet? Jones stripped?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The thinnest of silver linings here is Dana being made to look like an arsehole (again) after rowing back on the "he'll never headline again" comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Jon Juice Jones....100% stupid!

Can't believe he failed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

He's a scumbag. Really feel for DC. He's gonna end up with the belt again. Can't feel like much of a victory after a vicious ko at the hands of a juicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,153 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hopefully he is banned for life and dc sues Jones and the ufc. What a joke I feel so bad for DC crying in the ring thinking he lost to the better man after a savage knock out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement