Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Double whammy, Maia gets back on the win column and Colby gets put to sleep.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/900464832469708800

good colby needs to be shut up a bit, hopefully maia is fired up after getting ragdolled by woodley

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I dont think that's correct. They would have been testing for metabolites all along. All the USADA busts (steroids, weed, clomid,etc) were for metabolites rather than the drug. That's their main method afaik.
    The new test was developed in 2012 and USADA/WADA Labs have been using it good while as they caught Frank Mir with it 18 months ago.

The tests he passed, should have been the same ones that he popped for - the new test. But trace substances can be missed. They should also still have the "clean" samples in storage. The obvious course of action would be to retest now they know what to look for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I don't know if it's used every time or barely ever used. I was just getting at the fact it's been around 5 years, it was the test that Mir was caught with. As well as 100s of Russians in the recent doping scandal.

Which is ironic because the test was developed by the head of "Russian USADA" who was running their doping program.

"They're all on steroids"
    - Nathan Diaz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's already blamed it on tainted supplements again. Pretty sure after last time he said he would have all his supplements tested individually. He must have forgot about it

The sabotaged excuse is probably too easily to refute. I imagine his management are scrambling t find something tainted with Turinabol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Listening to Shevchenko talking to Ariel... She doesn't cut any weight to fight at 135, that's impressive. She'll be a beast at 125 if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Listening to Shevchenko talking to Ariel... She doesn't cut any weight to fight at 135, that's impressive. She'll be a beast at 125 if that's true.

Herself and Joanna is a fight I'd love to see.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Herself and Joanna is a fight I'd love to see.

Let whoever wins the TUF season get the belt, then let Joanna or Valentina take it from them, then have the Joanna vs Valentina fight.

Would very interesting.

Let whoever wins the TUF season get the belt, then let Joanna or Valentina take it from them, then have the Joanna vs Valentina fight.

Would very interesting.

Still raging Nunes pulled out, I know they fought before but it would have been the highest level woman fight to date.

Still raging Nunes pulled out, I know they fought before but it would have been the highest level woman fight to date.

It's on in a few weeks, be grand.

Nunes was right to pull out btw, she had chronic sinusitis and vertigo. She's been on antibiotics since the last fight was cancelled and will be starting nasal steroids spray to suppress the infection until after the fight when she can get it properly treated.

It's on in a few weeks, be grand.

Nunes was right to pull out btw, she had chronic sinusitis and vertigo. She's been on antibiotics since the last fight was cancelled and will be starting nasal steroids spray to suppress the infection until after the fight when she can get it properly treated.

Didn't realise, King Goof made it seem like she was medically cleared and pulled out because she had dried out sinus from flying.

Didn't realise, King Goof made it seem like she was medically cleared and pulled out because she had dried out sinus from flying.

"medically" cleared doesn't mean anything though. The UFC's doctor cleared her to fight, but that doesn't mean she wasn't sick. Listen to her interview with Helwani from yesterday or the day before, her and her girlfriend were on and were able to describe in great detail what went wrong.

Rockhold was cleared to fight Weidman with an open staph infection on his leg while on a heavy dose of antibiotics, for example.

[
    Rockhold was cleared to fight Weidman with an open staph infection on his leg while on a heavy dose of antibiotics, for example.
    Seriously?
    That's just outright dangerous.

Mellor wrote: »
    Seriously?
    That's just outright dangerous.

He said it himself after the fight yeah. Has on antibiotics until the day of weigh in and then antiseptic ointment for the day between and day of fight, back on antibiotics the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It was gas when Chris discredited it with "antibiotics are spose to make you better" as in Luke should have been able to fight fine :D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It was gas when Chris discredited it with "antibiotics are spose to make you better" as in Luke should have been able to fight fine :D

And he still got whooped.

Dat wheel kick tho.

And he still got whooped.

Dat wheel kick tho.

Luke was lucky to come out of that with his life.

PitifulNecessaryCougar.gif

• Advertisement

He said it himself after the fight yeah. Has on antibiotics until the day of weigh in and then antiseptic ointment for the day between and day of fight, back on antibiotics the day after.
    It's probably fine when you are aware of it. I just don't like the idea of messing around with staph

Good line up on the MMA Hour today. DC's reaction to Jones and Max's reaction to Conor's "I have multiple titles to defend". Will be getting turned off when Paulie comes on though.

Tomorrow on #themmahour: @ChrisEubank @dc_mma @HollyHolm @BlessedMMA @ChaelSonnen @mrfairbutfirm @PaulMalignaggi and you! See ya then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thiago Santos v Michal Materla (KSW) headlines UFC Gdansk.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paully D wrote: »
    Thiago Santos v Michal Materla (KSW) headlines UFC Gdansk.

Jesus wept.

Sake was half thinking of going shouldn't they have at least got the Polish fighter who knocked Materla out 2 fights ago. A legit Euro headliner sparked Santos out last year (on fight pass even) and he wasn't deemed good enough to hold on to they offer this as main then....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

As much as I enjoyed the circus of McGregor vs Mayweather, i'm relieved it's over. Looking forward to some proper MMA action again with UFC 215, without every Tom Dick and Harry I come across offering expert knowledge on the combatants. I unashamedly hope MMA never goes full main stream on Sky Sports, I couldn't hack it. I enjoy the niche nature of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sake was half thinking of going shouldn't they have at least got the Polish fighter who knocked Materla out 2 fights ago. A legit Euro headliner sparked Santos out last year (on fight pass even) and he wasn't deemed good enough to hold on to they offer this as main then....

Yup, was leaning 90/10 to go to it.

About 50/50 now. I enjoy the events for the production value too so still might go for that, and Gdansk is a place I'd like to go to.

Garbage main event tho

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yup, was leaning 90/10 to go to it.

About 50/50 now. I enjoy the events for the production value too so still might go for that, and Gdansk is a place I'd like to go to.

Garbage main event tho

I'm going as it was under €300 for tickets, flights and 2 nights in a 5* hotel. It'll be a cool couple of days on the piss if nothing else.

Very, very disappointed in the main event and the card as a whole so far really.

The European cards have gotten significantly worse over the last 12 months. Rotterdam this coming weekend is an embarrassment, Gdansk looks even worse. Though when the cards are virtually selling out without any fights being announced nothing will change and they will continue to take us for granted (and I know I'm as guilty as anyone).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm going as it was under €300 for tickets, flights and 2 nights in a 5* hotel. It'll be a cool couple of days on the piss if nothing else.

Very, very disappointed in the main event and the card as a whole so far really.

The European cards have gotten significantly worse over the last 12 months. Rotterdam this coming weekend is an embarrassment, Gdansk looks even worse. Though when the cards are virtually selling out without any fights being announced nothing will change and they will continue to take us for granted (and I know I'm as guilty as anyone).

The Gdansk card sold out? Where'd you buy tickets? Ticketmaster Poland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

callaway92 wrote: »
    The Gdansk card sold out? Where'd you buy tickets? Ticketmaster Poland?

Loads left Eventim poland are an official seller anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Over the last 12months? They went to shite a lot longer ago than that, and yeah, why should they change? Selling out arena's on the brand name rather than who's fighting, Went to every Euro UFC event up to 85 i think it was then just stopped, couldn't justify paying top dollar for mediocre talent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement