Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Loads left Eventim poland are an official seller anyway.

Spot on - used their English site.

Bought 2 cheap enough tickets - really just an excuse for a weekend away with the missus in October!

Looking forward to it as I enjoy the spectacle/production of a UFC event a lot.

Haven't been to one since Bisping v Hendo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya UFC 204 was a great time, can see why you'd go but I'm gonna knock it on head 8 fights announced and not overly keen on any.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Does anyone have an inkling to where the event listed on Dec 9th might be? I'll be in LV on this date and REALLY hoping to catch a card over there

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-to-deliver-a-dozen-events-in-Q4-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Does anyone have an inkling to where the event listed on Dec 9th might be? I'll be in LV on this date and REALLY hoping to catch a card over there

Going by past events (early dec), last years was held in toronto, previous 2 years was vegas, both of them tied in with TUF Finale too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think you've almost no chance unfortunately mate.

It is a Fight Night and they are rarely on in Vegas these days. Also, the TUF Finale which probably would have been your best chance given that timing is on the week before in Vegas.

My guess is that it'll be on the east coast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Dang :( booked the flights first without even thinking about an event.

Feck it, LV Knights are playing Anaheim in hockey and UNLV have a game on too

Ariel has been done by the "An Experience With..." lads who put together the Conor McGregor event in Manchester.

Hardly surprising, but shockingly bad from them nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/902864959956189185

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/902865352073375744

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Don't those guys have a history of "going bankrupt"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Are body punches used to the same extent/volume in MMA as they are in Boxing though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Are body punches used to the same extent/volume in MMA as they are in Boxing though?

Not even close.

Some people throw a few teeps per round but it's not like in boxing where people start investing in straight back hands to the body early and keep going for it round after round.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

No.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't watch boxing but body punches aren't really used at all in MMA. Conor would throw some teeps though and I believe he's referred to them as 'stabbing their gas tank' or something similar so he does know going after the body can hurt people in the long run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

No, half the bums in the ufc can hardly throw a jab never mind ripping bodyshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Body punches are traded plenty in MMA, but it's less of a tactic to drain someone because in MMA fighters don't really stand and trade in the pocket because invariably one fighter is gonna initiate a grappling exchange.

Body work is more effective from range in MMA, teeps, spinning back kicks, push kicks, switch kicks, roundhouse to body etc.

Also knees from Thai clinch too. Try taking one of those and tell me that an MMA fighter doesn't know bodywork

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

In fairness I think Max was just reacting to the snide comment that MMA fans wouldn't be able to 'grasp the concept' of what body shots do to a fighter, rather than trying to suggest that they are used to the same extent in both sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Max Vs Paulie

More Circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

JJayoo wrote: »
    Max Vs Paulie

More Circus

Nah i want to see Max take Frankie's soul first

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

ricero wrote: »
    Nah i want to see Max take Frankie's soul first

Nobody will ever take Frankie's soul. They might out point him to a decision, that's about it. It's a fight I really hope we see too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Aldo wants to fight down his UFC contract an switch to boxing.

He should fight Paullie for the undisputed salt champ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lukker- wrote: »
    Aldo wants to fight down his UFC contract an switch to boxing.

He should fight Paullie for the undisputed salt champ

426676.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ah is it not safe to come back yet?

Looking forward to seeing Struve fight again at the weekend, a few other decent scraps there Darren Till be interesting to see him too.

However doesn't look like BT sports have it so might not see it on Saturday

Duffy vs James Vick being targeted. Venue to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Paully D wrote: »
    Duffy vs James Vick being targeted. Venue to be confirmed.

Two good LWs that are trying to break into the top 15, like that fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Vick is like 9 foot tall, how the hell does he make 155?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Vick got hurt and viciously KOed by Beneil Dariush who doesn't have a whole pile of KO power. Good fight for Duffy to make a big statement.

Interesting read here re: Abdul-Kerim Edilov, who makes his debut at UFC Rotterdam this evening, and his links to Ramzan Kadyrov:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/31/16228360/feature-kadyrov-ufc-debut-abdul-kerim-edilov-feared-dangerous-chechnya-karim-zidan-mma-investigation

Thiago Santos v Michal Materla (KSW) headlines UFC Gdansk.

Jesus wept.

Materla has backed out and re-signed with KSW. I'd imagine someone had "a word" with him.

UFC now looking for a new main event. It can hardly get worse, but with 6 weeks to go **** knows what we will get landed with.

What a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It can hardly get worse

Famous last words :o

In other news Aldo looking to fight anyone at MSG, surely it's about time we finally got the Swanson II fight.

• Advertisement

Famous last words :o

Karolina just posted the below. I reckon she's got the main event:

https://twitter.com/karolinamma/status/904455345300484096

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement