Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

"UFC-Rotterdam's Zabit Magomedsharipov calls out Artem Lobov, who responds immediately"

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/zabit-magomedsharipov-calls-out-artem-lobov-ufc-rotterdam

Meanwhile, back in May 2017 ... :D
    I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Sean Shelby hands Artem a fight with Zabit Magomedshapirov as a complete 'stop annoying me!'. Zabit is a killer, just signed to the UFC and a fight Artem has little to gain from and every likelihood of losing...

I'm not surprised motherf'ers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

That poster department, always causing trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Lads, a fairly pointless question but what's the biggest betting odds you've seen on a fighter on a ufc main card?

Lads, a fairly pointless question but what's the biggest betting odds you've seen on a fighter on a ufc main card?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Probably one of Cyborgs' fights or Rousey v Beth Correia. I'm relatively new to the sport though so I wouldn't remember any of the older mismatches.

Edit: Maybe Serra vs GSP. That would probably be one of the highest odds where the underdog actually won.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ronda vs Holm was ludicrous odds too. There's a guy in Vegas I think, well known for big money bets. He cleaned up by putting something huge like $25k on Holm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

The highest I remember was Holly Holm @10/1 against Ronda - I'm sure there was higher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I had Bisping against Rockhold can't remember odds but I think it was 8/1 or 10/1. Internet isn't helping me remember all I can see is US markets where they have him +425 however I defo got higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

DJ vs horgiuchi and Reis were both pretty high I think. Also tj was big favorite over Soto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Randy v big tim must have been big odds too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ronda was 1/12 vs Bethe and Holly with both women 10/1 to beat her. That's the biggest I can remember.

I actually think Dillashaw against Barao 1 is the next highest. TJ closed at 9/1 to win that I believe.

Officially the biggest underdog win in MMA I think is Sokoudjoilu against Big Nog in Pride back in 2007. Sokoudjoilu was 14/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Heard someone mention there is going to be a big March 2018 UFC card, but couldn't find anything on it.

Anyone got info on why it's supposed to be a big one and whether a venue has been chosen or even rumoured?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Heard someone mention there is going to be a big March 2018 UFC card, but couldn't find anything on it.

Anyone got info on why it's supposed to be a big one and whether a venue has been chosen or even rumoured?

Paddy's day next year is on a Saturday. Could it be a McGregor card? If he fightis in December it's a very tight turnaround and if he doesn't fight in December than it's probably a longer lay off than necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Ugh. I thought Pimblett would have gone away by now.

Clearly beaten by Erosa and dominated by Narimani in his last two fights, missed weight several times too.

Why is The MMA Hour on tomorrow and not today by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Labor day today in the US.

I see Ben Askren is retiring after his next fight. How did he never got in to the Ufc ? Never know how good he really is, but he does look impressive against Bulgarian bin men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Paully D wrote: »
    Ugh. I thought Pimblett would have gone away by now.

Clearly beaten by Erosa and dominated by Narimani in his last two fights, missed weight several times too.

Why is The MMA Hour on tomorrow and not today by the way?

Also annoyed that Pimblett is getting any attention. Gallagher is annoying aswell but at least he is putting his money where his mouth is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any word on cains return ?

Really want to see him fight stipe to see who the goat is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Faber and Garbrandt are on Joe Rogan at the moment. Not much interesting said apart from a story about Dillashaw kneeing Chris Holdsworth in the back of the head during sparring and possibly ending his career. Holdsworth is unbeaten at 6-0, and put his career on hold due to concussions he got from training. Hadn't heard this story before (not sure it's been said before) and it doesn't put Dillashaw in a good light if true.

Oh and Gardbrant didn't KO Dillashaw in the video that they supposedly have, just knocked him down.

My god! Gardbrant has no personality at all :D I think he drags Faber around with him purely to just talk for him

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

My god! Gardbrant has no personality at all :D I think he drags Faber around with him purely to just talk for him

Very boring, can't believe I sat through 2 hours or whatever that was!

I kind of feel Gardbrant was just trying into say anything stupid or make himself or Faber look bad. Faber didn't seen happy with him telling the Holdsworth story either.

Slightly interesting that his plan was to fight Dillashaw in July, and Mighty Mouse in November. I wonder could we still possibly see that if both win their next fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Is cody v tj announced

akelly02 wrote:
    Is cody v tj announced

Yeah, undercard of Bisping v gsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If its true what tj did to chris then i hope no love puts the snake to sleep and hurts him also. A scummy scummy thing to do to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

ricero wrote: »
    If its true what tj did to chris then i hope no love puts the snake to sleep and hurts him also. A scummy scummy thing to do to anyone

id take anything they say about each other from now on with a huge pinch of salt.

especially seeing how bad cody came out of tuf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

jcd5971 wrote: »
    id take anything they say about each other from now on with a huge pinch of salt.

especially seeing how bad cody came out of tuf.

The stories been going around for years id say its true tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ASOT wrote: »
    The stories been going around for years id say its true tbf

There's different spins on it though depending on who is talking about it. Some people read it like TJ angrily got up straight after getting choked out and went for an illegal knee when it could've been an accidental one later on in the sparring session rounds when TJ was going hard. Also apparently Holdsworth himself in the past put more of the blame on himself for going hard sparring for another two rounds after receiving the knee. I'd like to hear TJ's side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Joanna says her next fight is about to be announced. Her v Rose at UFC 217 maybe? R.I.P Rose in any case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement