Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ASOT wrote: »
    The stories been going around for years id say its true tbf

From the fella himself in April, Cody painting a picture one could imagine like they also make out Holdsworth to be a worldbeater too...

https://twitter.com/HoldsworthMMA/status/856274083259990016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

From the fella himself in April, Cody painting a picture one could imagine like they also make out Holdsworth to be a worldbeater too...

https://twitter.com/HoldsworthMMA/status/856274083259990016

That's not Holdsworth saying Cody didn't do something, it's him saying his career isn't over. He never retired and he's been getting treatments nonstop to try and get over the issues he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

There doesn't seem to much buzz about Saturday nights card. It's crazy how good Mighty Mouse is and how little people give a fck. Nunes vs Shevchenko should be a good fight, and it's good to see RDA back

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

There doesn't seem to much buzz about Saturday nights card. It's crazy how good Mighty Mouse is and how little people give a fck. Nunes vs Shevchenko should be a good fight, and it's good to see RDA back

Really looking forward to nunes Shevchenko personally!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would burst my hole laughing if Borg won. I'm hoping Shevchenko, Magny, Laitifi and Stephens can all pull off big wins. Main card has some great scraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Yeah it's a good card, should be some great battles. A win for RDA would put him in a good place in the division, he claimed on the MMA hour within helwani that he would have gotten a title shot if Maia hadn't agreed to the fight at 214. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the winner of that fight.

Mighty Mouse is class, and i think he'll win but Bog has a chance and shouldn't be completely written off.

Stephens v Melendez should be good, Melendez hasn't fulfilled on the potential he had since coming from Strikeforce. If 145 is a comfortable weight for him he could be a top fighter there. He never loses too badly, great experience, he could be a good addition to the division.

Pity to lose Ngannou to the card who I hope will prove the real deal because HW needs new talent. Same 6/7 guys at the top for a few years

Tyson Pedro v Latifi is a good fight. 205 is very shallow, a win for Pedro could put him close to the top contenders. Looks like he has a solid ground game, stand up hasn't shown any big weaknesses, he could be one for the future.

I can never find myself really interested in WMMA, but from what I've seen I think it could be a good title fight. Interesting that Shevchenko cuts not weight and can compete at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Django99 wrote: »
    Tyson Pedro v Latifi is a good fight. 205 is very shallow, a win for Pedro could put him close to the top contenders. Looks like he has a solid ground game, stand up hasn't shown any big weaknesses, he could be one for the future.

Tyson's ground game is probably his strongest areas. Latifi is a solid greco wrestler too, but he has faced other wrestlers more so than submission fighters. I'd be interested to know what price Tyson by sub is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Random question guys. Is there an age limit when attending UFC fights? Am thinking of attending one in the next year and would bring my 15 year old who loves it, but is there an 18s age limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Not sure how big the market she's chasing is but McGregor may have opened a can of worms for the UFC. He makes a fortune (deservedly so) compared to everyone else on the roster and is still underpaid relative to his worth.

Cyborg is what, 32? Can't blame anyone in those circumstances trying to make as much as possible while they're in their prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Random question guys. Is there an age limit when attending UFC fights? Am thinking of attending one in the next year and would bring my 15 year old who loves it, but is there an 18s age limit?

Not usually. Only one I've been to with an age limit was UFC 99 in Cologne and that was a last minute thing to appease German "blood sport" complaints.

They literally only brought it in a few days before the event which was nuts as many coming from around Europe had already bought tickets. I know a guy who had to hastily organise a fake id for his 14 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Brought my son to the last event in Dublin when he was 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Not sure how big the market she's chasing is but McGregor may have opened a can of worms for the UFC. He makes a fortune (deservedly so) compared to everyone else on the roster and is still underpaid relative to his worth.

Cyborg is what, 32? Can't blame anyone in those circumstances trying to make as much as possible while they're in their prime.

The champions clause is going to screw with Cyborg's plans I feel. She wanted that UFC belt for so long and now it could cause her more problems than anything.

If she challeneges fighter freedom through the Ali Act and goes to court it'll likely drag out for a few years and she'll be too old to do anything by the time it ends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Can't say for 100% certainty but I've been to a few events and there's been minors at each one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The irony of that Cologne event where they brought in a last minute age limit because of the outcry over blood sport is that the first fight of the night was Stefan Struve vs Denis Stonjic. The bloodiest fight I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wouldn't mind seeing Cyborg box, she looked tidy enough in sparring vs. Clarissa Shields

Nunes/Shevchenko should challenge her at 145 though, they'd be good fights.

Wouldn't blame Cyborg, she could have some success and a promotor might give her a few quid because of her established name. Also ufc can then get rid of that ridiculous division.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cerrone to headline UFC Gdansk against Darren Till apparently. Huge step up for Till, but that should be a war!

A million times better than Santos vs Materla, anyway.

Now that's a proper main event!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Fancy magny to bead RDA. Massive size difference and reach

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Mellor wrote: »
    Tyson's ground game is probably his strongest areas. Latifi is a solid greco wrestler too, but he has faced other wrestlers more so than submission fighters. I'd be interested to know what price Tyson by sub is

Can't see a price for it anywhere, only the win market and over/unders so far. Looking at the staredown Pedro is a good bit longer, should be a good scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Artem v Fili just announced in Gadnsk

Artem v Fili just announced in Gadnsk

Strange it was announced for there everywhere else about a month ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Django99 wrote: »
    Can't see a price for it anywhere, only the win market and over/unders so far. Looking at the staredown Pedro is a good bit longer, should be a good scrap.

3/1 for Pedro via submission (888Sport).

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Officer999

Would we get to see Cyborg vs Katie Taylor? That would be very interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Officer999 wrote: »
    Would we get to see Cyborg vs Katie Taylor? That would be very interesting...

Katie would be about 20lbs lighter than cyborg. She wants to start at super ww i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

ASOT wrote: »
    Katie would be about 20lbs lighter than cyborg. She wants to start at super ww i think.

Eddie Hearn seemed deadly serious the other week saying he's making moves to try put together Katie v Holly Holm (boxing rules).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Eddie Hearn seemed deadly serious the other week saying he's making moves to try put together Katie v Holly Holm (boxing rules).

That would be a good fight and much mor managble, holm last fight was at 140 which is grand! Id watch that anyway, Taylor needs a big step up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Taylor could easily meet Cyborg at 140. She goes up 5lb, Cyborg comes down 5. Bring it on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement