Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

xckjoo wrote: »
    Sorry it's probably me using wrong terminology. Turinabol is supposed to clear the body in a few days though so doesn't need much down time.
    A few days?
    No it's more like 6 months.
    [
    A new test for Turinabol that has only been rolled out in recent years can detect its metabolites in the system for months after use. Many think JJ's team didn't plan for this test. Maybe the above points about dilution of it in his system also played a factor in its detection.
    His teammate was caught with the same test almost two years ago. (Frank Mir).
    Plus all the coverage in the Olympics with the Russians previously using it.

Whoever was mixing his drinks was surely aware of the new test. It was hardly a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

When did jones hide under the ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

akelly02 wrote: »
    When did jones hide under the ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

He could do with fighting someone not ranked. He even admitted himself he struggled after taking a shot he said wasn't even hard in the Maia fight so give him someone outside the top 15. Matt Brown level would be good, a name but is also sliding the same way as Condit.

Don't want to see him straight back in with a top 5-8 or put in with some up and comer to make a name off him.

• Advertisement

Matt is hanging up the gloves, should be an epic final battle.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/910965783488024577

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bisping says he and Whittaker were supposed to coach The Ultimate Fighter and fight afterwards with the titles on the line, but that Whittaker pulled out saying he needed more time after the Romero fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Paully D wrote: »
    Bisping says he and Whittaker were supposed to coach The Ultimate Fighter and fight afterwards with the titles on the line, but that Whittaker pulled out saying he needed more time after the Romero fight.

What I heard it was nothing to do with an injury, but the money wasn't good enough to take Whittaker away from his family and newborn and live in the US for 3 months.

Cool poster, I like how The interim belt fight is the main event over an extrusion title fight. Also the flyweight championship fight :pac:

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/909874074658250757

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well it is the main event and lets be honest people are tuning in to watch lee v ferguson not for dj v borg

• Advertisement

That PPV will do well to break 150k buys. Still bemuses me how Kevin Lee got a title shot. Right place right time I guess.

Lukker- wrote: »
    That PPV will do well to break 150k buys. Still bemuses me how Kevin Lee got a title shot. Right place right time I guess.

I think ufc see money in kevin lee. Young, black, good looking and can talk on the mic.

Also he can fight which is most important. I say the ufc would love lee to win to set up a fight with mcgregor

ricero wrote: »
    I think ufc see money in kevin lee. Young, black, good looking and can talk on the mic.

Also he can fight which is most important. I say the ufc would love lee to win to set up a fight with mcgregor

Yeah they probably see marketing potential in him for sure. I think he's going to be easy work for Ferguson, easy work for anyone in the top 5. Too chinny.

Yeah I think Ferguson/Lee is ideal for the UFC, no matter who wins, both can cut a promo and will get people interested in the real title fight. Tony is definitely the favourite bit should still be an interesting fight, sure as **** more interesting than DJ Borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Tony looks a lot like Kazuya Mishima in that poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cool poster, I like how The interim belt fight is the main event over an extrusion title fight. Also the flyweight championship fight :pac:

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/909874074658250757

Can't spell Championship... Fertittas got out the right time... gone down hill

Duffy vs vick confirmed for ufc 217

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Tony looks a lot like Kazuya Mishima in that poster.

I thought the exact same thing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Why did no one care when McGregor v Mendes headlined over Lawlor v McDonald's 170 title fight?

• Advertisement

Why did no one care when McGregor v Mendes headlined over Lawlor v McDonald's 170 title fight?

The "weasel" helwani stirring trouble again i see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I really don't think it matters at all

Some cracking fights announced during the night.

Ngannou vs Overeem at ufc 218 and dom cruz vs jimmy riveria at ufc 219.

Props to cruz taking a fight. He easily could of waited on the winner of no love vs tj. Great to see that attitude from a modern day fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Some really great cards coming up to end the year, still one main card slot at 217 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ricero wrote: »
    Ngannou vs Overeem at ufc 218 and dom cruz vs jimmy riveria at ufc 219.

Cejudo vs Pettis, Edgar v Holloway, Gaethje v Alvarez all targeted for 218 too. Serious night of violence if all of those get booked and make it to the night. Surely the MMA gods won't let this happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Need to watch this with audio, but is it as bad as it looks without audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Maybe I didn't notice it before but Werdum has become more and more unlikable as the years pass.

Hope Lewis can pull off the upset and KO him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just listened to that with headphones on, Werdum is a tool. Basically throw as many homophobic slurs and trying to be a big man as you can into 5 sentences and you get what he was saying before he was moved off.

Ferguson showed pretty good patience, he clearly understood 99% of what was being said because he's a fluent spanish speaker and Werdum was actually using Spanish slurs, not Portuguese, so fair play to TF for ignoring it and laughing it off. Werdum is spending too much time with homo-repressed dictators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Just listened to that with headphones on, Werdum is a tool. Basically throw as many homophobic slurs and trying to be a big man as you can into 5 sentences and you get what he was saying before he was moved off.

Ferguson showed pretty good patience, he clearly understood 99% of what was being said because he's a fluent spanish speaker and Werdum was actually using Spanish slurs, not Portuguese, so fair play to TF for ignoring it and laughing it off. Werdum is spending too much time with homo-repressed dictators.

I literally hadn't a clue what he was saying. Care to roughly translate?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement