Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Do you ever stop talking pure ****e?? His first sentence was in Spanish, 1 sentence! The rest was Portuguese and Tony didn't have a clue what he said! Tony can barley speak Spanish as it is, never mind Portuguese!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I literally hadn't a clue what he was saying. Care to roughly translate?
    From a translator from Reddit
    Werdum talking to someone off camera "I didn't eat anything beforehand, I just came and trained without eating" when Tony cuts him off.
    Werdum then says: Wtf go **** yourself man. Its your problem, if you wanna talk then talk to that guy there, **** you. You taking the piss you dog's asshole¹. Go **** yourself.
    Tony: When I'm talking... you need to shut up.
    Werdum (in spanish): No.. if you got a problem... you shut up you son of a bitch, ******². You don't talk to me like that you ******. You won't talk to me like that cause thats not how it works with me eh? You speak like that with guys your division. With me? You wont speak like that with me ******.
    Werdum (back in pt): Nah **** you, go **** yourself. That's it, **** you and you won't talk to me like that you piece of ****.
    Tony (in english): I don't understand what he's saying..
    Werdum: Nah you can go **** yourself you clown. You're a clown bro, a dog's ass.. About "callate"³, callate my ass you clown.
    Tony (in english): You don't want none of this **** dog..4
    Werdum: thats right you dog's asshole. Theres none of that with me. You talk like that with your division you big clown.
    Tony stands up
    Werdum: whats up then you dickhead? Go **** yourself, don't talk to me like that.
    [They repeat saying the same ****, Tony sits]
    Tony: Ey, have fun fighting in my undercard.
    Werdum (in spanish): Not with me you ******. You ****ty ******. You won't talk to me like that, you ******.
    Tony: Shut up before I ankle pick you. 4.5
    Werdum in portuguese: Go **** yourself you dickhead. You ****ing clown.
    [As tony screams "caralhoooooo"5 on the mic, werdum says something I can't hear but ends with..]
    Werdum: ... or else I'm gonna **** up this piece of **** over there. This ****ing dickhead. points at Tony Go **** yourself you clown.
    [werdum exits the scene saying 'not with me, go talk like that with your division].
    Tony: You're not gonna like me when I get to this spot.. I said it... este maricon6 .... BYE... Felicia7.
    ¹ Cu de cachorro literally translates into dog's ass. I'm guessing it means something along the lines of 'nasty'. Probably a regional insult which sounds funny when translated in english.
    ² Calling someone a ****** is pretty common in latino culture. A person isn't necessarily homophobic or means to attack gay people when he uses this as an insult. I may get heat for this, but werdum isn't being homophobic here. Again, cultural clash.
    3 Callate means 'shut up' in spanish. Werdum was speaking in portuguese and said the spanish version of shut up here to mimick what Tony said.
    4 Nothing special here, I just wanted to point out the absurdity of Tony, a 155r telling a HW he doesn't want any lol.
    4.5 Again, nothing major apart from the absurdity of Tony saying he's gonna ankle pick werdum, a BJJ world champion.
    5 Caralho is a common brazilian swearword. Doesn't really have a translation but in this case its like "fuuuuuck"
    6 "Este maricon" translates to "this ******". Again, not being homophobic. Just latino culture.

Maricon apparently translates to ******/pussy. Not necessarily homophobic.
    I count 8 sentences in Spanish. I've no anyone would know what Tony did or didnt understand.

Porra!

Mellor wrote:
    Maricon apparently translates to ******/pussy. Not necessarily homophobic. I count 8 sentences in Spanish. I've no anyone would know what Tony did or didnt understand.

Listen to Tonys Spanish, he doesn't speak it well atall. So I've no doubt he doesn't understand Portuguese. I actually counted 2 Spanish sentences from werdum, but however..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I guess twitter is a UFC matchmaker now :)

https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/913443974601256960

Khabib fighting in December....

McGregor had his meeting with audie yesterday...

Please God

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Khabib fighting in December....

McGregor had his meeting with audie yesterday...

Please God

Fingers crossed.

If Conor's next fight is a trilogy with Diaz I'll be very disappointed with him.

DrPhilG wrote:
    Fingers crossed.

Can't really see it happening with the interim fight happening next month, but what a surprise it would be

Listen to Tonys Spanish, he doesn't speak it well atall. So I've no doubt he doesn't understand Portuguese. I actually counted 2 Spanish sentences from werdum, but however..

Not speaking it well isn't the same as not understanding though. I haven't spoke irish since my leaving cert. I imagine I'd be quite rusty if I tried to speak it now. But I'd probably have a better understanding of what I read and heard.
    Werdum (in spanish): No.. if you got a problem... you shut up you son of a bitch, ******². You don't talk to me like that you ******. You won't talk to me like that cause thats not how it works with me eh? You speak like that with guys your division. With me? You wont speak like that with me ******.

Werdum (in spanish): Not with me you ******. You ****ty ******. You won't talk to me like that, you ******.

Those where the bits I spanish I thought. Where they not.
    That's what I was counting as 8, I left out the one/two exclamations of course.

Regardless of which he was speaking. Portuguese are spanish aren't exactly dissimilar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Maricon apparently translates to ******/pussy. Not necessarily homophobic.
    I count 8 sentences in Spanish. I've no anyone would know what Tony did or didnt understand.

Porra!

Maricon means ******. It principle a homophobic slur. People would refer to two men together as Maricones. Its can be used as "pussy" same way ****** can be used in English in this sense but its not really what the word means.

Werdum lived for many years in Spain so speaks Spanish as fluently as he does Portuguese

He knew what is was saying. Often people would say a whole host of things in their native languages that they would never say in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

OK I listened to it (I speak Spanish and understand Portuguese)

Werdum is initially talking in Portuguese and Tony tells him in not great Spanish to "I need you to shut up" in quite a rude way. Werdum's Spanish is much better and basically tell him not to speak like that to him that way with various expletives thrown in, he switches back and forth between Spanish and Portuguese a few times every couple of sentences or so. That is why Ferguson was saying he cant understand him because it cant follow it, and he has a cholo level of Spanish by the sounds of it and is not a native speaker.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Pissed myself when Ferguson mentioned something about ankle picking Werdum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Khabib doesn't even deserve a whiff of the belt, nevermind an actual shot at it.

https://twitter.com/Maclifeofficial/status/913811970502967296

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Khabib doesn't even deserve a whiff of the belt, nevermind an actual shot at it.

Deserves it more than Kevin Lee anyway.

Conor v Khabib would be a genuine fight tho, a fight I'm sure everyone would love to see more than another money fight.

Khabib is the fella people think will trouble Conor, We know how the Nate Diaz fight will go already round by round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Deserves it more than Kevin Lee anyway.

Conor v Khabib would be a genuine fight tho, a fight I'm sure everyone would love to see more than another money fight.

Khabib is the fella people think will trouble Conor, We know how the Nate Diaz fight will go already round by round
    Deserves it if he can actually make it to a fight healthy for a change maybe.

Tony is more deserving, and more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good read with Paddy:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/1/16202366/paddy-holohan-refuses-to-give-up-on-the-fight-game

Petesy is killing it with MMA Fighting.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://twitter.com/adamhilllvrj/status/914964776161132544

Very generous of them, great to see such a show of support from the UFC.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Very generous of them, great to see such a show of support from the UFC.
    MGM will probably follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I think this is mixed martial arts news :P

https://twitter.com/GeorgeForeman/status/914930639534772224

lol, make it happen Showtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    lol, make it happen Showtime

Bellator's next ppv along with it Fedor v Chael and Chuck v Tito

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone know why ufc pulled inside the octagon - lee vs ferguson on youtube?

Heard a rumor on reddit that is was because the ufc were not happy with Hardy basically saying he thinks Lee or Ferguson would beat Mcgregor on the video.

Love watching inside the octagon during fight week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ricero wrote: »
    Anyone know why ufc pulled inside the octagon - lee vs ferguson on youtube?

Heard a rumor on reddit that is was because the ufc were not happy with Hardy basically saying he thinks Lee or Ferguson would beat Mcgregor on the video.

Love watching inside the octagon during fight week

So it went up and then was taken down?
    Surely there's a rip floating around somewhere so?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Interesting one - UFC and FOX have failed to come to an agreement on renewal of the TV deal, so it's open to offers from any and all bidders now.

Paully D wrote: »
    Interesting one - UFC and FOX have failed to come to an agreement on renewal of the TV deal, so it's open to offers from any and all bidders now.

WME-IMG probably trying to get a ridiculous figure to offset the insane price they paid for the company and Fox probably want something close to the previous deal to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

WME-IMG probably trying to get a ridiculous figure to offset the insane price they paid for the company and Fox probably want something close to the previous deal to continue.
    The current increased annually over the 7 years. So there's no way they were going to get near that for the next 7-10 years.

My guess would be they want to cut up Fox's USA/Hispanic market into separate deals to squeeze more out of separate broadcasters.
    International deals probably unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You would think they'd like to cut it up into blocks similar with other sports, Uk/Ireland have BT/Sky for football, US sports are spread out on Fox/ESPN/TNT etc

I wonder will we see the online providers (Netflix/Amazon) make their first move in to live sports? MMA being their first sport may not be what they dream of to make a splash but if they're going to go after sports it would be a start. In the US the other sports have their broadcasting rights tied up for a few years and it would be a lot cheaper than going after the big four sports. It's a smaller sport so would let them test out their ability to provide live sports to hundreds of thousands as opposed to the millions the larger sports will bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Its probably so they can get into bed with Showtime, Espinoza said that Showtime would be interested but that the On Fox deal could have been a bit of a roadblock because of the certain amount of events/types of fights that they were guarenteed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ufc 218 is shaping up to be the card of the year for me. Really look forward to this. If max wins hes cleaned out the division by the age of 25. Impressive if he does it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement