Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

ricero wrote: »
    Ufc 218 is shaping up to be the card of the year for me. Really look forward to this. If max wins hes cleaned out the division by the age of 25. Impressive if he does it
    Whose listed to fight that card besides those 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Whose listed to fight that card besides those 2 ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ufc+218

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

There's 2 fights announced and you're calling it card of the year..??

There's Fight Night cards out there that are better than what's announced so far - example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

announced so far:

Holloway vs. Edgar
    Overeem vs. Ngannou
    Cejudo vs. Pettis
    Teymur vs. Klose
    Medeiros vs. Cowboy Oliveira

Not officially announced but Alvarez vs. Gaethje slated to be on this card also

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Card of the year is a stretch imo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Holloway is near the top of my p4p list complete machine in all aspects of mma dont give Frankie a chance here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mellor wrote: »
    Card of the year is a stretch imo

Holloway v edgar, the reem v ngannou and alverez v gaethje has me very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Holloway is near the top of my p4p list complete machine in all aspects of mma dont give Frankie a chance here.

Lots of people writing Frankie off.

Holloway is a killer, but Frankie matches up well enough. Both decent boxers, but Edgar can chain some wrestling together he could steal rounds IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very winnable fight for Frankie and would be beaming for him if he won the belt. Would also be happy for Max to continue his run. My favourite fight for the rest of the year, should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gaethje-Alvarez will surely be on a TUF Finale card, no?

Way too many people writing off Edgar. Was the same against Yair and he dismantled him.

Cracking fight. It and Garbrandt-Dillashaw the two outstanding fights left this year for me. Intrigued to see can Garbrandt really back up his brilliant performance against Cruz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Gaethje-Alvarez will surely be on a TUF Finale card, no?

I assumed so initially but reports say otherwise

I knew about those 2 but what about the rest to make it fight of the year ?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Lots of people writing Frankie off.

Holloway is a killer, but Frankie matches up well enough. Both decent boxers, but Edgar can chain some wrestling together he could steal rounds IMO.
    Hes found the answer to win the gold ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Condit vs Magny confirmed for ufc 219

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Khabib still to be added to one of the December cards, against who, I don't know, but the next few events are shaping up nicely now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Barboza v Khabib is my guess and he will kick his dodgy knees into oblivion before wheel kicking him hopefully.

I would love if Khabib takes a non title/Conor fight before year end. Will give him a chance to make weight and put on another dominant performace. Saying that, I too would love to see the head kicked off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gamebred wrote: »
    Barboza v Khabib is my guess and he will kick his dodgy knees into oblivion before wheel kicking him hopefully.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I too would love to see the head kicked off him.

This is #1 Bullsh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

SVwybVb.jpg

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

For context, DC was mocking Rumble for retiring after their fight.
    “I feel like if he was going to retire maybe he should have stayed retired a little bit longer,” Cormier said. “Because when you do that, you come back this quick, it just kind of feels like ‘oh you were mad because you lost, so you just quit’. Right? It’s not even a six month retirement. So it feels kind of like you were mad because you lost, and you kind of just quit.

Then he ranted on his podcast, calling Rumble soft, etc.
    “Rumble Johnson and I have always been respectful with each other,” Cormier said. “But something happened at UFC 214 that has forever made me change the way I’m going to interact with Anthony Johnson.
    “So I walk into the back of the weigh-ins for UFC 214, and there’s Rumble. And I go up to Rumble and he says ‘what’s up DC? You look good.’ Give him a hug, and I say ‘hey man, I hope you’re enjoying your retirement. You seem happy. I wish you nothing but continued success’, and I go about my business — as much as you’d expect two guys who have competed and ave respect for each other would interact.
    “Then in walks Jon jones, and I expect him to — a guy he was supposed to fight, and may at some point still fight — give him the same type of conversation and kind of keep it moving as a man. But Jon walks in, they give each other the shake and the hug, and they talk a little bit. And the conversation seems like Anthony is almost giving him advice … like pre-fight stuff.”
    According to Cormier, that was enough of a red flag for him to just keep an eye on the two as backstage proceedings continued. Sure enough, when Jones stepped into the Octagon to re-acquaint himself with the canvas, Cormier noticed the two interacting once again.
    “I guess Jon’s putting on his shoes or something, and then Rumble walks up to him again,” Cormier detailed “But now they’re hugging. Legitimately hugging! Rumble’s leaning over while Jon’s tying his shoes, and Rumble’s leaning over and giving him advice.
    “What the **** kind of advice are you giving him? ****ing what the ****? Why are you so friendly? This is a guy that at some point you may have to fight. You’re his friend now? Why the **** are you his friend? Are you just hoping that he wins because I beat you? What the **** are you doing?
    “Rumble and I have no more relationship. What the **** are you so friendly with a guy in your weight class for? **** that. The competitor in you shouldn’t allow you to be that nice to that guy.
    “In my mind, that dude is ****ing soft.”

Honestly, DC is coming across like a crazy ex-girlfriend imo.
    How can he not see the irony of the above. He saying the he's soft for being friendly with a guy in his division, even though DC was hugging and being friendly with him a few minutes beforehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

No sign of Kevin Lee at the official weigh in?

No sign of Kevin Lee at the official weigh in?

Still a bit of time but if he didn't make weight then bollox!!

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/916351016827682816

So I'm back in Ireland after attending my first UFC event in Tokyo. I enjoyed the fight card, The main event was **** but the fight before was a war. Andrade Vs Gadelha. The crowd was mostly Japanese fans, but there were a few large groups of US Marines based in the country there too. We had great seats in the arena.

Crazy random story here. The family of one of the undercard fighters was sitting next to us. They asked us to support their man, Ishihara was his name. Is Mother actually gave us free home made Sushi and Green Tea. It was amazing, best I'd ever had. We went crazy for Ishihara was he came out, cheered for him throughout the fight. We were delighted when he got the decision win.
    Great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nick Lentz has pulled out of his fight against Brooks

20 minutes left, Lee is last one left...

Still a bit of time but if he didn't make weight then bollox!!

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/916351016827682816

If Lee ends up missing weight or pulling out, I'm going to be gutted for Tony Ferguson. After the shyt that happened with Khabib, He doesn't deserve to be fcked over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The way he was so nonchalant about cutting 19lbs since yesterday was a bit worrying! Fingers crossed he gets there.

• Advertisement

20 minutes left, Lee is last one left...

What happens if he doesn't weigh in on time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement