Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

cliggg wrote: »
    Lee hid that from everyone so he could still fight. If he said publicly he had it the UFC would have had no choice but to remove him from the card.

Didnt see the weigh in but was it not noticeable when he was topless? it looked massive on fight night surely blood work would confirm it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Gamebred wrote: »
    Didnt see the weigh in but was it not noticeable when he was topless? it looked massive on fight night surely blood work would confirm it too.

I just looked at it now, there is a mark on his chest. It's smaller than it was in the fight. I didn't even know that was something that happened with a staph infection. As for the blood work according to the commission he passed all his medical work. It was Lee himself who said he hid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was flat enough at weigh-in. A bit blotchy. I'd be surprised if bloodwork checked for random infections like staph though.
    A remember after one of Lee's fights, there was some speculation about marks on his abdomen.

Jones too in the past actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭cletus

Lee was on Chael's podcast, said he didn't tell anybody about the staph infection. He had it for the week before the fight, but it only really flared up after the weight cut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Should add more fuel to the rivalry between McKee and Gallagher.

What "rivalry" ffs. I hate the fact a couple of lads, particularly young and inexperienced lads firing a few tweets at each other gets called a "rivalry"

I presume Gallagher will still be cageside though and there will be some sort of **** show on the mic between the two of them.

• Advertisement

What "rivalry" ffs. I hate the fact a couple of lads, particularly young and inexperienced lads firing a few tweets at each other gets called a "rivalry"

I presume Gallagher will still be cageside though and there will be some sort of **** show on the mic between the two of them.
    They are both undefeated, hyped and want to be the best. Of course there are very few actual rivalries in mma or combat sport in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Like who? is it a bamma co promotion.

O'Driscoll on the back of 3 entertaining wins
    Smullen (undefeated) fighting for the lonsdale belt after his excellent scrap with Rhys Mckee
    Tuke's first outing since an early KO on the last Bellator card
    Kiely fighting for the title in only his 3rd pro fight v Lahore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lawler vs RDA to headline ufc fight night on december 16th.

Cracking fight. Winner gets woodley i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ricero wrote: »
    Lawler vs RDA to headline ufc fight night on december 16th.

Cracking fight. Winner gets woodley i reckon

Holy bejaisus that's a fight. Imagine RDA won, went on to beat Woodley and then finally got his fight against Conor.

Lawler's early volume to absolutely smash him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sindead Kavanagh and Emma Bunton added to the Bellator 187 card.

Oh wait, no, it's Baby Slice that's fighting at Bellator. Kimbo's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lawler v RDA, that's a cracker. Can't wait for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

RDA likes early volume too. I hate to use MMAmath but RDA smashed Cerrone twice while some argue Robbie lost his fight against Cerrone.

Robbie likes to take rounds off, whereas RDA can keep quite a high pace for the whole fight. High chances of being a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

**** sake Jesse

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/918890093544435712

In other news, Aldo Vs Lamas set for UFC on fox 26. Aldos first 3 round right since 2009. Mad!

So Lawler vs. Dos Anjos, Aldo vs. Lamas & Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry all on the same card? That puts most of this year's ppv's to shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Congrats to The LHW champ on getting his brown belt.

https://twitter.com/ChaelSonnen/status/918732007630180352

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Congrats to The LHW Gangster Weight champ on getting his brown belt.

https://twitter.com/ChaelSonnen/status/918732007630180352

FYP.

RDA likes early volume too. I hate to use MMAmath but RDA smashed Cerrone twice while some argue Robbie lost his fight against Cerrone.

Those people are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gsp looked very rattled tonight at the ufc press conferance in canada

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

ricero wrote: »
    Gsp looked very rattled tonight at the ufc press conferance in canada

The tmz video of the afters hes losing his mind, cant wait to see bisping beat him.

• Advertisement

Lads come on your not buying this gsp bisping beef **** are yas? wound up my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads come on your not buying this gsp bisping beef **** are yas? wound up my arse.

Did yousee the TMZ video? If hes not being sincere with his **** yous then he deserves an oscsr.

ASOT wrote: »
    Did yousee the TMZ video? If hes not being sincere with his **** yous then he deserves an oscsr.

Dana posting it ect leads me to believe it was all contrived, Bisping is trying too hard here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dana posting it ect leads me to believe it was all contrived, Bisping is trying too hard here.

whether it was contrived or not Dana would prob still retweet it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

So Lawler vs. Dos Anjos, Aldo vs. Lamas & Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry all on the same card? That puts most of this year's ppv's to shame!
    good card, would have preferred Aldo vs Stephens though. We already saw Aldo vs lamas and it wasn't particularly enthralling

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dulux99 wrote: »
    good card, would have preferred Aldo vs Stephens though. We already saw Aldo vs lamas and it wasn't particularly enthralling

Stephens who is 3-5 in his last 8?

Not even close to warranting a fight at that level imo

dulux99 wrote: »
    I agree about their first fight but Lamas really wants another title shot and Aldo will be desperate to prove he still has what it takes so I'm hoping that makes for a great fight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is it just me that's noticed that there's been a few people failing tests for clomiphene ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Hope that GSP beats Bisping. I like Bisping at times but he's an annoying bully in the build up to fights, talks a lot and most of it is just forced drivel.

As far as betting goes, it's tough to call. Nobody knows what GSP will bring to the table now. If I had to put money down it'd be on Bisping because we do know what he'll bring to the table, and he's the underdog (which is a bit surprising). We don't know what older GSP looks like. His big advantage at 170 was his wrestling and his jab, and to an extent his cardio. Bisping is a good defensive wrestler, has great cardio and is taller/longer than most of his previous opponents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement