Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

it stops man boobs aye, might start taking some of that myself so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Is it just me that's noticed that there's been a few people failing tests for clomiphene ?

If people are cycling steroids while they are out of camp when they get tested less, it makes sense that they are popping for that when they start camp because they will take something to help alleviate the post cycle Testosterone dip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Barboza is reporting that he accepted a fight with Khabib at UFC 219. I'd imagine Khabib is waiting to see if Conor is going to fight Tony first. What a matchup that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I wonder will be be licensed for 155lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Mellor wrote: »
    I wonder will be be licensed for 155lbs
    If it's Vegas then he absolutely will be.

• Advertisement

It seems Cerrone has a fight already lined up for 219. He wants to fill his 4 fights a year quota! Only Usman, Oliveira & Stun Gun have no fights lined up from the top 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

cliggg wrote: »
    It seems Cerrone has a fight already lined up for 219. He wants to fill his 4 fights a year quota! Only Usman, Oliveira & Stun Gun have no fights lined up from the top 15.

Is Gunnar Nelson not ranked anymore? Even if he's not I'd like to see him v Cerrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Django99 wrote: »
    Is Gunnar Nelson not ranked anymore? Even if he's not I'd like to see him v Cerrone.

That would be a great scrap but Gunnar said he is taking the rest of the year off after the knock out to let his head clear.

Django99 wrote: »
    Yes he is I missed him somehow! That would be a very interesting matchup for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Seems a bit presumptuous. Say Till knocks him out (big if but...), he's just going to get back into camp and go again?. He's a savage and I admire how game he is but I'm not sure I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Seems a bit presumptuous. Say Till knocks him out (big if but...), he's just going to get back into camp and go again?. He's a savage and I admire how game he is but I'm not sure I like it.

I'd say that's why it's not confirmed. If Cowboy comes out relatively fine, he fights at 219. If not, then he doesn't fight at 219. His fight with Till is on this weekend so not like it's long to wait for the fight to be announced.

Makes sense alright. Decent enough card that in Gdansk for a fight pass card.

Cerrone is mad like that. After his hard fought fight against Matt Brown in December he campaigned to fight again 7 weeks later! That's why he looked so bad against Masvidal. And yes it's looking like another fun Fight Night card and it will be over by 10 so no staying up all night!

Cerrone is mad like that. After his hard fought fight against Matt Brown in December he campaigned to fight again 7 weeks later! That's why he looked so bad against Masvidal. And yes it's looking like another fun Fight Night card and it will be over by 10 so no staying up all night!

I think the war with Brown definitely had an effect but Cerrone never seems to turn up in the big fights when the pressure is on. He can go on a mad tear KO'ing lads on undercards but when it matters he just seems to crumble.

The RDA fight being a prime example of that. The Mastvidal one he was the home town hero and just never got going. I think a sports psychologist could work wonders for him because he has all the ablity in the world just the mental side lets him down.

That's a very good point though he would probably never go see one. Also if he relaxed on his extreme sport hobbies so close to fights that would help too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Cowboy is gonna double leg Till all night I reckon as a surprise, Till is expecting a muay thai fight I reckon.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Cowboy is gonna double leg Till all night I reckon as a surprise, Till is expecting a muay thai fight I reckon.

I'd never be like Cowboy to not bring it and throw down, at least for the first while. Though him winning by submission id say is the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Would love till to ko cowboy stiff. Cowboy talking awful scutter all week, very arrogant stuff from a journeyman fighter who has never won a belt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just saw that Michael Page is fighting in that new David Haye fight night on Dave this weekend. Bit random. Company who own Bellator also own spike and have a stake in Dave so I guess they're involved in the boxing with Haye now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ricero wrote: »
    Would love till to ko cowboy stiff. Cowboy talking awful scutter all week, very arrogant stuff from a journeyman fighter who has never won a belt

I’m not a fan of Cowboy at all. In fact I rarely if ever would be rooting for him to get the win.

But to call him a journeyman is laughable. He’s been in with and also beaten some quality opposition in the UFC and WEC. His record speaks for itself.

It’s highly unlikely he will ever win a title in the UFC but the same goes for 99% of the roster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

John_D80 wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of Cowboy at all. In fact I rarely if ever would be rooting for him to get the win.

But to call him a journeyman is laughable. He’s been in with and also beaten some quality opposition in the UFC and WEC. His record speaks for itself.

It’s highly unlikely he will ever win a title in the UFC but the same goes for 99% of the roster.

Perhaps journeyman is too harsh but after watching this i would love to see Till spark cowboy cold

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    [
    I think the war with Brown definitely had an effect but Cerrone never seems to turn up in the big fights when the pressure is on. He can go on a mad tear KO'ing lads on undercards but when it matters he just seems to crumble.

The RDA fight being a prime example of that. The Mastvidal one he was the home town hero and just never got going. I think a sports psychologist could work wonders for him because he has all the ablity in the world just the mental side lets him down.

There might be a psychology element to it. But let's not overlook the fact he's KOing bums on undercards and "crumbling" against the top fighters in the division. A large part of his inability to get going is that he is getting out worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I was quite looking forward to UFC Gdansk, as I had assumed Fili vs Lobov was on the main card. Turns out its buried on the undercard on fightpass. I would have thought the main card would be Cerrone v Till, Karolina vs her opponent, and Lobov v Fili. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

dulux99 wrote:
    I was quite looking forward to UFC Gdansk, as I had assumed Fili vs Lobov was on the main card. Turns out its buried on the undercard on fightpass. I would have thought the main card would be Cerrone v Till, Karolina vs her opponent, and Lobov v Fili. Shame.

He's lucky to even be buried on the prelims, should be fighting in a gaa halls. Lobov is definition of a journey man

dulux99 wrote:

He's lucky to even be buried on the prelims, should be fighting in a gaa halls. Lobov is definition of a journey man

Ah I know. But Lobov definitely has the Irish interest. Fili vs Lobov actually has the makings of a good scrap, too. I’m certainly more interested in Lobov vs Fili than I am in Piechota vs Jonathan Wilson, whoever the hell they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I wouldn't even go as far to call him a journeyman, he's unranked. He's been getting the highest fights he's been getting thanks to a combination of being Conor's bud and his sharp tongue. Fair play to him though, he's playing the system beautifully and puts on entertaining scraps.

I’m not exactly a Lobov fanatic but I think you’s are being slightly harsh on him. He’s just after coming off a surprisingly exciting scrap with one of the top dogs in the division and is 2-3 overall in the UFC, albeit against poor competition I know. Plus he went 3-0 on TUF with 3 KO’s. There are worse fighters in the UFC than him. Which isn’t exactly glowing praise I know!

Lobov proved he deserves to be in the UFC with the Cub fight. He's not ranked, and never will be, but he deserved to be there. The majority of UFC fighters aren't ranked.
    The talk of GAA halls is hyperbole stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads/Ladies is the Gdansk card only on Fight pass?

nope there it is 20:00 on BT sports

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads/Ladies is the Gdansk card only on Fight pass?

nope there it is 20:00 on BT sports
    The prelims are on Fight Pass but the main card of the Fight Pass exclusive card is only on BT sports in Ireland. Makes total sense of course.... :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement