Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I wouldn't even go as far to call him a journeyman, he's unranked. He's been getting the highest fights he's been getting thanks to a combination of being Conor's bud and his sharp tongue. Fair play to him though, he's playing the system beautifully and puts on entertaining scraps.
    Speaking of his sharp tongue. In an interview promoting his fight against Andre "Touchy" Fili he ended it with this gem, “But make no mistake about it: On Saturday night, I will ‘Touchy’ and he will ‘Fili.'”
    For that dad-pun alone he deserves to be in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

cliggg wrote: »
    The prelims are on Fight Pass but the main card of the Fight Pass exclusive card is only on BT sports in Ireland. Makes total sense of course.... :confused:

Meh pizza beer and violence, makes sense to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lil nog popped for the same stuff JDS popped for.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ASOT wrote: »
    Lil nog popped for the same stuff JDS popped for.....

diaz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Artem looking pretty pumped up for this scrap. Choo, choo motherfcukers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭al87987

I actually think Lobov's record of 13-13-1 is a little misleading. He has a lot of late call-ups and fights above the featherweight division which seems to be his best weight class. I was very impressed with how competitive he was in the Swanson fight. Decent win before that over Ishihara too.

Fili is a tough out, should be a good scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lobov is gonna destroy Fili

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Love watching Artem fight. He made me an instant fan when I watched him take that massive headkick at Cage Warriors in the Helix and come back to win the match by Rear Naked Choke in the dying seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Artem is very low down on this card given he has main evented and its a fight night

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Artem is very low down on this card given he has main evented and its a fight night

That and he is popular in Europe. I can only assume it's to get a big crowd in early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Are BT not showing the Gdansk card? I've checked a few listings and it's not on any of their stations??

Does anyone else find the ufc fight pass app on the Xbox one to be the most undependable piece of sh*t ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Are BT not showing the Gdansk card? I've checked a few listings and it's not on any of their stations??

It's on BTsport//ESPN . 426 on sky

ianob7 wrote: »
    It's on BTsport//ESPN . 426 on sky

From what time? I use the setanta go website to watch BT and they have college football listed until 8.30 and then basketball and baseball on after that.

From what time? I use the setanta go website to watch BT and they have college football listed until 8.30 and then basketball and baseball on after that.

I think it's only on BT in Ireland. BT Go is set to UK listings probably

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

From 8, MLB Yankees @ Astros on the channel now

Thanks lads. Panic averted for now!

The main card starts at 8. The prelims are on now on fightpass

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Polish guys tattoo is desperate bad. Most of his wins must have came from him knocking people out who get distracted by how shít his tattoo is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

McGregor in Gdańsk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Lukker- wrote: »
    McGregor in Gdańsk

OMG!

Lukker- wrote: »
    McGregor in Gdańsk

McGregor acting the feckin eejit in gdansk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

dulux99 wrote: »
    McGregor acting the feckin eejit in gdansk

Get over it hes shouting into the octagon like what he done on TUF, hes emotionally invested in the fight hes not going to just sit there.

ASOT wrote: »
    Get over it hes shouting into the octagon like what he done on TUF, hes emotionally invested in the fight hes not going to just sit there.

He was encroaching on the cage, where the actual corner men aren't allowed.

Any of the regulars on here want two tickets to KSW40? Won a competition with Eir but cant go, tickets have to be collected from the box office.

Tickets gone

The speed of this is something else. Poor Rose.... I like her sign off to the camera too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I see on BBC at 12.30am tonight they are showing a documentary following an MMA fighter cutting weight overnight. Could be a good watch. I'm always fascinated what goes into the cut and how fighters go about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    I see on BBC at 12.30am tonight they are showing a documentary following an MMA fighter cutting weight overnight. Could be a good watch. I'm always fascinated what goes into the cut and how fighters go about it.

Just logged in to post about it. Looking foward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Looks like James Gallagher might have got himself in some trouble.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213103922487184&id=1067562028

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement