Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wish they'd **** off with London, having been there the last 2 years for an event. I'd like to go somewhere else.

Till will likely headline this then I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Paully D wrote: »
    I wish they'd **** off with London, having been there the last 2 years for an event. I'd like to go somewhere else.

Till will likely headline this then I assume?

I'd be all over that, shame it's London again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Wish they had Till fight in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah Dublin on Paddy's Day is just asking for unnecessary trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Johnny sounds a little ****ed up here.

For someone who says they're not sick this time he seems to be sniffling and wiping his nose a lot !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Senor Frog wrote: »
    For someone who says they're not sick this time he seems to be sniffling and wiping his nose a lot !

He's on mcgregors special supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

D.Q wrote: »
    He's on mcgregors special supplements

Not the FAST program though, he’s using the premium plan, SPEED.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Cody just said tj showed everyone at team alpha male how to use roids.

What an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cody just said tj showed everyone at team alpha male how to use roids.

What an idiot

TJ is scum. No love must hurt him saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Inviere

ricero wrote: »

For the uninitiated, what’s the source of the hate for TJ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Inviere wrote: »
    ricero wrote: »

For the uninitiated, what’s the source of the hate for TJ?
    He took the jam out of the jam donuts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Inviere

Mellor wrote: »
    He took the jam out of the jam donuts

A daring crime, to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

TJ and Cody are both knobjockeys so no interest in that fight.
    Warming to Bisping a bit, he's a wanker, but a funny wanker at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gas video of Dana trying to guess the fighter by their tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

yeah Bisping was killing it at the presser yesterday. he interrupted people a lot but almost every time it was hilarious.

Paige Van Zant just tweeted she is fighting the winner of TUF for 125 belt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paige Van Zant just tweeted she is fighting the winner of TUF for 125 belt

That's a joke. The UFC are so desperate for her to be a thing.

I want her to be champion so bad, so Joanna can move up and fight her :D:D:D

I want her to be champion so bad, so Joanna can move up and fight her :D:D:D

Or Valentina could move down :eek:

Or Valentina could move down :eek:

Valentina cuts like 3 lbs to make 135. She will 100% move to 125. Her Vs Joanna would be interesting, she's beaten her already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

sex sells. She's one of the few pretty fighters on the roster. They are just praying her skills catch up. Doesn't look likely but they will bet on it anyway.

PVZ did last longer against the current champ than Joanna did :D

A very random question just popped into my head - what way to you think the UFC will have changed by the time UFC 300 comes, which will be around 2023/2024?

Also, two fighters who fought at UFC 100 also fought at UFC 200 (Brock and Jim Miller). Do you think anyone from 200 will fight at 300 and if so, who?

FFS, I really need to do some work. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A very random question just popped into my head - what way to you think the UFC will have changed by the time UFC 300 comes, which will be around 2023/2024?

Also, two fighters who fought at UFC 100 also fought at UFC 200 (Brock and Jim Miller). Do you think anyone from 200 will fight at 300 and if so, who?

Good chance tj dillashaw could end up fighting at 300. He was on the undercard of 200

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

There will likely be more weight classes. I don't think there needs to be but more divisions = more titles and more champ vs champ matches which = money.

Hopefully they will have figured out how to prevent extreme weight cutting.

Brock... Rematch with Shane Carwin, no USADA testing allowed. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭al87987

Men vs women

Group on group matches

Ring men to join the ring girls

No Rogan :(

Sidenote I would like to see on a smaller MMA show, gauntlet matches between a pro fighter and people from the crowd. Fighter gets a couple of grand for every person he beats, fan can win it all if he wins. Would have to be a similar-ish weight and no pros can be the fans. Insurance/Legal would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

al87987 wrote: »
    Men vs women

Group on group matches

Ring men to join the ring girls

No Rogan :(

Sidenote I would like to see on a smaller MMA show, gauntlet matches between a pro fighter and people from the crowd. Fighter gets a couple of grand for every person he beats, fan can win it all if he wins. Would have to be a similar-ish weight and no pros can be the fans. Insurance/Legal would be a nightmare.

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

Northcutt at 21 (if he isn't back in the regional circuit by then) and Gastelum at 26 are probably the only two who will still be young enough to be fighting by 300.

Dillashaw is 32 in a few months, at 12 ppv's per year it's over 6 years away from UFC 300 now, TJ would be 38 by the time it happened and smaller guys don't tend to last the long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭al87987

I love that gif.

The Ring men I could definitely see happening for womens fights going forward. Some oiled up dude wearing just a bowtie and skivvies.

Group fights already happen at the moment but I doubt they'll ever get to UFC.

I could see Cyborg winning her next 10 or so fights and their being a lot of clamour to see a battle of the sexes type fight. Ronda almost got there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement