Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

al87987 wrote: »

I could see Cyborg winning her next 10 or so fights and their being a lot of clamour to see a battle of the sexes type fight

Never going to happen, ever, for very obvious reasons.
    al87987 wrote: »
    Ronda almost got there.

No she didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think holly holm could beat cyborg.

Also has it been confirmed yet if they are fighting ? Ufc 219 is missing a headline act

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭cletus

I love that we're discussing the whether men will fight women, but everybody just skipped over the part of the post suggesting that pro fighters get paid to beat the ****e out of randomers from the crowd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭al87987

cletus wrote: »
    I love that we're discussing the whether men will fight women, but everybody just skipped over the part of the post suggesting that pro fighters get paid to beat the ****e out of randomers from the crowd :D

I did think that part was going to be the one that ruffled a few feathers.

Guess we still live in a world where two trained fighters of different gender can't fight each other, but people have no problem with trained fighters kicking lumps outta nobodies as evidenced by good Ol CM Punk/ Rio Ferdinand

The Rio Ferdinand thing seems to have been in universally panned, although I didn't pay too much attention to it either way. And I agree that C.M. Punk should not have had his first pro fight on a UFC card, but at least he was training, and had he taken a fight on the regional scene could have been matched with somebody similar to Gall

But pulling a random dude out of the audience, no medicals, no idea of training (or lack there of), to fight a pro fighter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

BullyBeatdown-86551.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bully Beatdown was great. I hope Mayhem has found some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

BullyBeatdown-86551.png

You do know that was scripted right?

Ariel was gas on the MMA hour telling TJ how he reached out to MM to come on the show to talking about a potential fight with TJ but MM respectfully declined..... and he has never done that before :pac:

Ariel 'the **** stirrer' Helwaniiiiiii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ariel was gas on the MMA hour telling TJ how he reached out to MM to come on the show to talking about a potential fight with TJ but MM respectfully declined..... and he has never done that before :pac:

Can't see MM fighting him atall, ever. He'll carry on beating cans and padding up the record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Is he really a sh*t stirrer though? It's an allegation constantly fired at him but I just never understand it. He's an excellent journalist and asks questions that people don't like to be asked. Most recently last week, Garbrandt and Bisping had a public war of words, helwani asks about it at a press conference and he's labeled a sh*t stirrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ah Ariel does try to **** stir the odd time, recent example

https://streamable.com/isg1d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

a real journalist reports the news, Ariel sometimes creates it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dana was dead right when he nicknamed him the weasel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Im sorry but Randy Brown had been saying those things in interviews in the run up to the fight, Ariel just asked him about it. That's literally his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gonna make it an absolute priority to get to that

No way will they do a UK Card Feb 24th and then also on March 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

callaway92 wrote: »

Does seem strange alright not going to complain though! Maybe Till is just very convincing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Im sorry but Randy Brown had been saying those things in interviews in the run up to the fight, Ariel just asked him about it. That's literally his job.

Exactly

I also reckon Dana must have gotten his dates mixed up, couldn't imagine them doing two events in 3 weeks in England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

callaway92 wrote: »

I agree. They'll have this main eventing London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

isnt 24th Feb in Orlando or somewhere?

Hope its march to be honest could make it doable for me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Regardless of when it is, it seems it's happening in the UK. Presumably, as mentioned above, Dana has the dates mixed up and it will headline London.

Was already going to that event anyway but now I'm damn sure going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I read that Dana said hes moving the Orlando card to the UK just for this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty sold on this now, hopefully get confirmation of the dates soon. Feb 24th would suit me lovely was planning on being in London for a gig on 25th anyway, fingers crossed

maximoose wrote: »
    Pretty sold on this now, hopefully get confirmation of the dates soon. Feb 24th would suit me lovely was planning on being in London for a gig on 25th anyway, fingers crossed

If (by some minor miracle imo) it's in the UK, it won't be on in London anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oh I'm getting confused now too, so he just said moving to UK not London.

Liverpool would be great for it

He's probably wrong anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Elias Theodorou dropped into the gym randomly for last night. Sadly, I'm injured so no sparring/rolling.

UUUUGGGGHHH The UFC owners realising the real money is still in boxing. I have zero interest in this. If they want to promote boxing cards, fine, but I do not want see boxing matches on mma cards.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-sn-ufc-white-boxing-20171107-story.html

• Advertisement

They saw how much money was potentially on the table in the MayMac fight, but so did other UFC fighters who subsequently said tey want to box. This gives the UFC the opportunity to allow those fighters to box without breaking contract, and without leaving so much money on the other side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement