Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Siver signs with ABC...

h83pp89ebrwz.jpg

Gentlemen i have an issue

in over in nyc with work on dec 2nd , as we all know the violence that is ufc 218 is happening on dec 2nd , how would i go about watching this over there?

Can you still buy the PPV's on youtube ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dashoonage wrote: »
    Gentlemen i have an issue

in over in nyc with work on  dec 2nd , as we all know the violence that is ufc 218 is happening on dec 2nd , how would i go about watching this over there?

Can you still buy the PPV's on youtube ?
    There would be plenty of bars in NYC showing the fights, or you can purchase the PPV through the UFC website - expect to pay $60 for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dashoonage wrote: »

Weird. Thompson himself literally said during the week, on camera, that he’d love to fight Till in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dulux99 wrote: »
    Weird. Thompson himself literally said during the week, on camera, that he’d love to fight Till in England.

He seems to be happy to fight anyone when he's asked to. This seems more like his Dad and his team pushing back and looking for a fight against RDA or Lawler next instead of fighting down the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Holm Cyborg is off as Holly's team wouldn't agree to the money offered. In the other news that Dana was teasing a possible Conor fight in December could have been a strongarm attempt to keep other fighters purses low.

Either that or it's an easy way out of a fight with an absolute animal.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/928377582697025536

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lads... I've been saying it since August. Should have booked your tickets ages ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Frankie is injured and out of the Holloway fight, we were due this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gamebred wrote: »

Let cub swanson or korean zombie bang.

Dissapointing as i was really looking forward to that fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

ricero wrote: »
    Let cub swanson or korean zombie bang.

Dissapointing as i was really looking forward to that fight

No interest in seeing him fight Cub again and I could be wrong but I think Korean Zombie is out injured.

I guess realistically it'll be between Cub, Aldo, Lamas and Ortega.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cub makes the most sense as he had fight planned for the nest week anyway.
    But Aldo is also currently in camp.

Does anyone want to see Max V Aldo again? I dont, He just seems to have to much for Aldo.

Does anyone want to see Max V Aldo again? I dont, He just seems to have to much for Aldo.

Aldo dismantled Frankie, if anyone has ever deserved a chance to reclaim a belt it's Aldo. He's been the single most dominant champion in the history of the UFC, Jones and GSP included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Not so soon. Would like aldo to get a win under his belt before a rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Till would murder Gunnar.
    And I like Gunnar.

Aldo dismantled Frankie, if anyone has ever deserved a chance to reclaim a belt it's Aldo.

He deserved and had his shot in July. Max won.
    The point was whether he should have consecutive shots.

It's a really tricky one. It's hard to make a case when he was finished my Max in summer. On the other hand, Cub's last fight was a 5 rounder with Artem. He hasn't beat any one of note imo.

Honestly there's no clear contender outside of Frankie.
    Aldo, Cub, Lamas will all throw their hats in the ring. But there's pro and cons for each imo.

And I like Gunnar.

Ah Gunni. I was scratching my head trying to figure out who he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

And I like Gunnar.

Artem could put on 25lbs easy though. Choo choo muthaf**kers!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Well, Gunni is for all intents and purposes a LW, Till is a natural middleweight, maybe even LHW if his cut his to be believed. Not exactly what Gunni needs after the last KO...

• Advertisement

Well, Gunni is for all intents and purposes a LW, Till is a natural middleweight, maybe even LHW if his cut his to be believed. Not exactly what Gunni needs after the last KO...
    He's nowhere near LHW size. And I'm aware he referred to himself as a LHW at WW on the MMA hour. It's hyperbole, it's in his interest to oversell it.
    If his reported cage weight is accurate (200lbs), he's a huge welterweight, but he'd be a small middleweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    He deserved and had his shot in July. Max won.
    The point was whether he should have consecutive shots.

It's a really tricky one. It's hard to make a case when he was finished my Max in summer. On the other hand, Cub's last fight was a 5 rounder with Artem. He hasn't beat any one of note imo.

Honestly there's no clear contender outside of Frankie.
    Aldo, Cub, Lamas will all throw their hats in the ring. But there's pro and cons for each imo.

Ah Gunni. I was scratching my head trying to figure out who he meant.

If Aldo gets it he'll still be involved in every UFC Featherweight title fight in history, even though he lost the belt twice! Thats mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Cruz out of rivera fight and holm cyborg deal wasnt done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cruz out of rivera fight and holm cyborg deal wasnt done.

Conor holds all the cards now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Gamebred wrote: »
    The most logical replacement is Cub as he is in a training camp anyway for his Fresno fight and it was generally accepted that Holloway was either going to fight Cub or Frankie. Cub is on the last fight of his contract so I wonder if the UFC will play hardball with him and threaten give it to Aldo instead.

UFC are moving the February 24th FOX card from Orlando to Liverpool so Till can headline but I can't see how it will be Wonderboy. He will not be doing any proper training until next year due to the damage he took against Masvidal. Looking at the rankings there are not many available in the top 15. The Stun Gun and Gunni are the only 2 who haven't fought recently and have nothing booked.

cliggg wrote: »
    The most logical replacement is Cub as he is in a training camp anyway for his Fresno fight and it was generally accepted that Holloway was either going to fight Cub or Frankie. Cub is on the last fight of his contract so I wonder if the UFC will play hardball with him and threaten give it to Aldo instead.

Cub, Aldo, Lamas, and Ortega. Only 1 fighter in the top 7 wasn't in camp

Mellor wrote: »
    Cub, Aldo, Lamas, and Ortega. Only 1 fighter in the top 7 wasn't in camp
    True but as far as "names" go only Cub & Aldo would fit and I think the Holloway-Aldo fight is too recent in people's minds so the Cub fight would be an easier sell IMO. I should point out too that I'm only talking about who makes sense for the UFC, I would actually like Ortega to get the fight purely because he has never fought Holloway before but Cub's last 2 fights were a headline fight & a fight of the year so I just think he's easier to sell to the public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ortega deserves a shot hes undefeated and never fought for the belt, nice fresh match up could be a superstar if he wins.

• Advertisement

I agree, it will at least get his name heard by lots of people who don't know who he is which would be good for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement