Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

ERG89 wrote: »

Michael "Cowboy" Bisping :P. Fair play he's game but fighting three weeks after your previous one is a bit foolish. In terms of match ups the smaller Gastelum might be a good shout to get back on the win column but its no easy fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Michael "Cowboy" Bisping :P. Fair play he's game but fighting three weeks after your previous one is a bit foolish. In terms of match ups the smaller Gastelum might be a good shout to get back on the win column but its no easy fight.

Id have gastelum all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Id have gastelum all day

With 4in of a reach I think Bisping has the boxing to keep him at bay. Along with the more than decent TDD, Id have him winning a decision. That said, three weeks after his last fight thrown into another 5 rounder is a tough ask, especially with the travel to China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bisping is a ****ing warrior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    With 4in of a reach I think Bisping has the boxing to keep him at bay. Along with the more than decent TDD, Id have him winning a decision. That said, three weeks after his last fight thrown into another 5 rounder is a tough ask, especially with the travel to China.

Gastelum hand speed for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Holloway will retire Aldo terrible fight for his health, Max gets better every time dont think Aldo wins a round this time, Bisping is a headcase probably too mad for his own health doubt its retirement bout either in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Holloway will retire Aldo terrible fight for his health, Max gets better every time dont think Aldo wins a round this time, Bisping is a headcase probably too mad for his own health doubt its retirement bout either in China.

Kelvin's a good matchup for Bisping. I like Kelvin but he's not big enough for middleweight and I think he's got dreadful footwork for a supposed boxer, Bisping will get the measure of him within 2 rounds and wear him down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lukker- wrote: »
    Kelvin's a good matchup for Bisping. I like Kelvin but he's not big enough for middleweight and I think he's got dreadful footwork for a supposed boxer, Bisping will get the measure of him within 2 rounds and wear him down.

Bisping got his head elbowed into the canvas and dropped a week ago I dont think he'd get the measure of anyone elite at this short of a turnaround, remember Kelvin had Weidman on queer street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Bisping is just an animal. Pound for pound has there been a tougher man ever fight in the UFC? I personally don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Bisping got his head elbowed into the canvas and dropped a week ago I dont think he'd get the measure of anyone elite at this short of a turnaround, remember Kelvin had Weidman on queer street too.

The turnaround could obviously swing things.

Weidman is just a wrestler who thinks he can box, wouldn't read to much into it.

Kelvin has fast hands, that's about it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Bisping is an absolute hero. I'd really like him to retire without any significant damage though. Why go rushing into a fight like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

D.Q wrote: »
    Bisping is an absolute hero. I'd really like him to retire without any significant damage though. Why go rushing into a fight like this.

Did you see his eye during the GSP weigh in? One of them was looking at ya, the other looking for ya, guessing he's going to have significant damage later on in life

scudzilla wrote: »
    Did you see his eye during the GSP weigh in? One of them was looking at ya, the other looking for ya, guessing he's going to have significant damage later on in life

Yeah fair point. I'd hope that his eye is more of a cosmetic thing. As weird as that is to say.

I'd like to see him avoid proper brain damage. He should really retire now. He has a decent family, nice home and a title reign. One of the last thing he needs is fights against young, hungry fighters.

The ABSOLUTE last thing he needs is one of romeros horrible knees to the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scudzilla wrote: »
    His eye has been significantly damaged for years. It's from an acute injury, not cumulative damage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Kelvin is a lock in this. Bisping got hurt last week!

I'm a Bisping rider but he shouldn't be allowed fight so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I really hate the aldo holloway rematch. Should have just postponed the Edgar fight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fair ****s to Bisping, what a warrior. Suitable as well how he has dealth with fighting juicers throughout his career and now he's stepping up, short noitce and banged up, to replace one. If he manages the win, it would be a great ending to his career but I doubt he would retire in China.

I will be rooting for him anyway, lets go Budday!!

Actually does he not have a mandatory medical suspension?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fair ****s to Bisping, what a warrior. Suitable as well how he has dealth with fighting juicers throughout his career and now he's stepping up, short noitce and banged up, to replace one. If he manages the win, it would be a great ending to his career but I doubt he would retire in China.

I will be rooting for him anyway, lets go Budday!!

Actually does he not have a mandatory medical suspension?
    Yep 30 days https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/8/16625166/ufc-217-medical-suspensions-georges-st-pierre-stephen-thompson-out-45-days. Dana said when he pulled Mark Hunt from his fight that "sometimes you have to protect these guys from themselves" and now he sanctions this. Under doctors advice Bisping shouldn't even be doing light training for 30 days but he will be having an actual fight 21 days after taking many head & body shots and being choked unconscious. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Fromvert wrote: »
    Kelvin is a lock in this. Bisping got hurt last week!

I'm a Bisping rider but he shouldn't be allowed fight so quick.
    I wonder will Mark Hunt have anything to say on it

• Advertisement

Well it's official. ****ed up. War Bisping!

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/929666342260789248

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I absolutely love him, but he shouldn't be allowed do this. Nobody should.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Love bisping the man comes to fight. proper tough bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rob316 wrote: »

Same, but for his own sake they shouldn't be pushing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

rob316 wrote:

Except for those several months were he ran like an Olympic marathon runner away from any legitimate title defences
    Fighting the likes of dan Henderson and who he thought was a weaker smaller man in gsp.

He lost the title and is now desperate to get back in picture.

I hope Whitaker and romeo and rock hold and weidman all make him wait for even a contender shot like he was happy to make them wait.

Hope gastellum batters him into retirement where he belongs

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Except for those several months were he ran like an Olympic marathon runner away from any legitimate title defences
    Fighting the likes of dan Henderson and who he thought was a weaker smaller man in gsp.

He lost the title and is now desperate to get back in picture.

I hope Whitaker and romeo and rock hold and weidman all make him wait for even a contender shot like he was happy to make them wait.

Hope gastellum batters him into retirement where he belongs

9RP9FAs.gif

Always thought Bisping was cool, never got the hate

Should be interesting to hear Bisping tomorrow on the MMA hour. Rampage should be funny and Mizzulli should be interesting to hear out as well.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/929822103435644933

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Should be interesting to hear Bisping tomorrow on the MMA hour. Rampage should be funny and Mizzulli should be interesting to hear out as well.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/929822103435644933

Rampage and Ariel is always good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Bisping has probably been on a bender since Saturday. Don't see how this can go well for him

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    Bisping has probably been on a bender since Saturday. Don't see how this can go well for him

Bisping is too big for Gastelum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement