Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yoel the soldier of roids Romero just got suspended by USADA, but will appeal so it's going to arbitration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ASOT wrote: »
    Yoel the soldier of roids Romero just got suspended by USADA, but will appeal so it's going to arbitration.

A token appeal surely? He's wasting even his own time and he knows it.

John_D80 wrote: »

I would imagine so, I hope they start the suspension from when his appeal is finalised. Knew he jumped the gun posting all that **** on instagram etc

Also Max Holloway is campaigning for a fight with Aldo for the interim belt, if that happened Id say I could possibly hear Frankie scream from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

John_D80 wrote: »

Time and money. Apparently it costs about $3000 to appeal - that's the fee alone. Lawyers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I would piss myself if thats happened,think im one of the few people that actually think Holloway Beats Aldo,needs a big fight now hes proved himself he made easier work of cub than frankie did.

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/712795530028515328

Nate asking where Ariel is hahahahahahahah legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »

Cunny Funt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Cunny Funt!

he is a smooth muth fuc er

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Also Max Holloway is campaigning for a fight with Aldo for the interim belt, if that happened Id say I could possibly hear Frankie scream from my house.

There is no way in hell this will be for the interim belt, that is just not going to happen, not in Zuffa land!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

There is no way in hell this will be for the interim belt, that is just not going to happen, not in Zuffa land!!

What should happen is Conor fights one of Aldo or Frankie (I'd prefer Frankie myself) and the Max fights the other in a #1 contenders match.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What should happen is Conor fights one of Aldo or Frankie (I'd prefer Frankie myself) and the Max fights the other in a #1 contenders match.

This would be my ideal scenario. I have a feeling they're waiting until New York to have Conor v Frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just as well Jon Anik wasn't there.

Rory rocking the boat, wouldn't be so confident in him staying in the ufc if Bellator whacked in a decent offer....

https://twitter.com/rory_macdonald/status/712797413203947521

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Rory rocking the boat, wouldn't be so confident in him staying in the ufc if Bellator whacked in a decent offer....

https://twitter.com/rory_macdonald/status/712797413203947521

He's spot on though. Dana seems to have a problem with him. Big fan of Helwani although sounds like he left by choice? Would be gutted if Rory moved on.

Rory is going to do bad things to Wonderboy its going to be like a crime scene when he leaves the octagon with his hand raised and dana and lorenzo seething,they should've given him a few hundred k bonus and Lawler for that fight for the ages.

Rory is going to do bad things to Wonderboy its going to be like a crime scene when he leaves the octagon with his hand raised and dana and lorenzo seething,they should've given him a few hundred k bonus and Lawler for that fight for the ages.

I still reckon that's the best fight I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I thought that at the time and watched Griffin vs. Bonnar the next day to compare.

Lawler vs. Rory won that battle and it wasn't even close.

Did the same recently with Hendo vs. Shogun.

Once again, it didn't come close.

That's how great that fight was.

I dont think I can pick one man,so many,I find myself every few months saying Holy ****'' out loud while watching a fight its a true golden era of mma,the diego sanchez gilbert melendez fight is top 3 GOAT fight for me at least.

I dont think I can pick one man,so many,I find myself every few months saying Holy ****'' out loud while watching a fight its a true golden era of mma,the diego sanchez gilbert melendez fight is top 3 GOAT fight for me at least.

It is up there. The only reason I wouldn't put it above Rory v Robbie is coz it wasn't all that competitive really. Giblert had that fight won handy enough. But Rory and Lawler was back and forth. Amazing.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    I thought that at the time and watched Griffin vs. Bonnar the next day to compare.

Lawler vs. Rory won that battle and it wasn't even close.

Did the same recently with Hendo vs. Shogun.

Once again, it didn't come close.

That's how great that fight was.

100%. To be honest by today's standards I don't even find the Griffin Bonnar fight all that good. Controversial!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I felt extremely lucky to be in attendance watching Rory v Lawler. The crowd was insane where we were sitting. Back and forth cheers when each fighter landed.

But when Robbie landed that punch that had Rory clutching his nose the entire crowd was one gigantic ball of "oh hoooooly shít".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Rory/Robbie stare down at the end of the 4th just as Lawler spits blood all over the canvas might well be my favourite MMA related thing ever. Insane.

l41lHtOfrfjXQDcoo.gif

I was gutted Rory didn't win that fight. He was up 3-1 for sure going into the 5th (all 3 judges had it scored that way too). So close but yet so very far away.

25pq1yd.jpg

One of the greatest wars ever I thought Rory had it won when he wobbled him with the head kick and landed them hellbows,I got a poster of him elbowing Robbie Signed have it framed on the wall

w7h7yq.jpg

25pq1yd.jpg

One of the greatest wars ever I thought Rory had it won when he wobbled him with the head kick and landed them hellbows,I got a poster of him elbowing Robbie Signed have it framed on the wall

w7h7yq.jpg

That's absolutely unreal man.

I have this, it's framed now and sits beside my framed Liverpool kit from 2003, seriously jealous of yours though Gamebred.

9st08o.jpg

25pq1yd.jpg

w7h7yq.jpg

That is unreal. Wow. I remember there was a great pic taken at the time of the two of them squaring off at the end of round 4 and both of their noses were completely flat. Incredible stuff.

That's absolutely unreal man.

I have this, it's framed now and sits beside my framed Liverpool kit from 2003, seriously jealous of yours though Gamebred.

9st08o.jpg

I still havent got a mcgregor poster signed the print shops do ya any image for 20e about ill have to pick one and get it signed for the wall,

My neighbour (knowing im a mcgregor fanboy) bought me a signed card of his from the las vegas fight store thing absolute robbery 100$ it was cost em and I had to look grateful taking it off him :pac:

I still havent got a mcgregor poster signed the print shops do ya any image for 20e about ill have to pick one and get it signed for the wall,

My neighbour (knowing im a mcgregor fanboy) bought me a signed card of his from the las vegas fight store thing absolute robbery 100$ it was cost em and I had to look grateful taking it off him :pac:

He signed his head on this and I asked him to sign brandaos and he put and x through it and told me The heads on his mantle piece, gent of a bloke. Got it signed by most of the card and all the Irish fighters, could be worth big money now since Pendreds retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

c:

Surely McG has a restraining order out on you???

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Surely McG has a restraining order out on you???

Could say the same about you

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement