Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/714817862947438592

Given their both their histories this could end up anywhere from WW upto HW :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

CeuSvJVXEAA8Gqh.jpg

Vitor not looking too trt like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    CeuSvJVXEAA8Gqh.jpg

Vitor not looking too trt like.

He's still jacked, his fight is 6 weeks out, just looks like he needs to cut some body fat. What he looks like on fight night will be much more telling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I miss TRT Vitor.

Vitor-belfort2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I miss TRT Vitor.

Vitor-belfort2.jpg
    TRTor was a bit of a beast. Then again he was about the size of a heavyweight..

• Advertisement

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/29/jon-jones-arrested-for-probation-violation-mug-shot/

He is a moron,baddest man in the county jail right now though aint no one ****ing with him Ha.

It's a bull**** charge, fat middle aged white guy on a power trip picking a fight with a young black fighter to prove how much of a man he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Tazzimus wrote: »
    TRTor was a bit of a beast. Then again he was about the size of a heavyweight..

Sound of jesus to sponsor him

It's a bull**** charge, fat middle aged white guy on a power trip picking a fight with a young black fighter to prove how much of a man he is.

Care to share your video of the incident you were at to clearly make these claims?

Care to share your video of the incident you were at to clearly make these claims?

He wasn't speeding, in a 35 mile an hour zone, but WAS racing?

They claim his exhaust is illegal but it came on the car from the shop.

The cop antagonised him for ****s and giggles.

Cop trying to be a big man. Hopefully it gets thrown out in court.

• Advertisement

Id give most people the benefit of doubt but Jones is a proven idiot behind the wheel,revving his engine to acknowledge fans sounds like absolute rubbish to me,the DC fight wont happen now.

He wasn't speeding, in a 35 mile an hour zone, but WAS racing?

They claim his exhaust is illegal but it came on the car from the shop.

The cop antagonised him for ****s and giggles.

Cop trying to be a big man. Hopefully it gets thrown out in court.

I read even revving the engine is deemed street racing,stupid I know but its supposedly the same as actually drag racing.

Gamebred wrote: »
    I read even revving the engine is deemed street racing,stupid I know but its supposedly the same as actually drag racing.

HE was at a stop sign revving his engine besides another car, the man should of had his ****ing licence taken away. He is an idiot behind the wheel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

How was the cop to know he was a young black fighter from a distance, or even behind him?

If the cop was on a real power trip he would have breathalysed him as he didn't sound stone sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

CatFromHue wrote: »
    How was the cop to know he was a young black fighter from a distance, or even behind him?

If the cop was on a real power trip he would have breathalysed him as he didn't sound stone sober.

He revved his car for gods sake are you people having a laugh? cop saw the expensive car and thought im gunna ruin this guys day, also his car has a breathaliser built into the ignition so there was no need

Depp wrote: »
    He revved his car for gods sake are you people having a laugh? cop saw the expensive car and thought im gunna ruin this guys day, also his car has a breathaliser built into the ignition so there was no need

Aye the cop knew that and those things can't be tampered with. Cops out there just to mess with people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Needs to leave new Mexico, it's going to happen alot.

I'm sure all the cops have been told the make & models of his cars and they keep an eye out for him. Same happens worldwide I would say with known previous offenders.

Breathaliser really? was that the thing the cop asked was installed & jones reached over and held up? Would that stop the car from starting if he was drinking? I never knew cars had them

DC/Rumble 2 anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If he didn't lose his temper and start cursing and shouting at the cop none of this would have happened.

He's on probation, he needs some sense. If he wasn't a prominent sports star he'd be in prison by now and I say that as a fan.

• Advertisement

Arrested for revving his engine? FS even the RUC weren't that harsh on the Falls Road during the 70s :eek::pac:

CevEoSVW8AEKCSi.jpg
    nicked off twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

V5lV7oD.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's on probation, he needs some sense.

Add to that he was already in court last week on a traffic violation from January for driving without a license. He turned up to court last week with the paperwork the prove he had a license, registration and insurance and the judge let him off with a warning to stay out of trouble for 90 days and to pay $100 to a charity. A week later and hes already in trouble again, although in fairness the whole drag racing thing is a technicality the cop is trying to do him on so not sure how far that one is going to go in court. Its based on revving the engine and has nothing to do with the speed he was going at, the cop didn't charge him with breaking the speed limit and even says at one point that he never said he broke the speed limit. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Maybe the ufc will let him away with it and not pull the fight seeing as they owe him after letting a juiced Vitor fight him.

They will be praying hes able to fight,mighty mouse as co main cant save the card,DC rumble 2 cant see them doing could be wrong though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Jon really needs someone to sit him down have a proper talk with him and tell him to just keep his down. He should go somewhere remote where he can focus on just the fight and getting his career back on track, like his cave in the afghanistan mountains where he was before the Machida fight

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/29/11326274/jon-jones-management-team-on-recent-arrest-we-are-taking-this-very
    Jon Jones was arrested Tuesday in New Mexico for a probation violation.
    Following the news of his arrest Tuesday afternoon, Jones' management team released the following statement to MMAFighting.com:
    "Jon and his team are taking this very seriously, and we will let the legal process play out.
    "We are confident he will be released once he has an opportunity to explain to the judge the faces in this case."
    The UFC issued the following statement to the media following the news, as well:
    "UFC is aware that Jon Jones turned himself into the Albuquerque Police Department this morning for a potential probation violation stemming from a traffic stop last week.

"UFC has been in touch with Jones' legal team and will have no further comment until the organization has had appropriate time to gather necessary information."

According to sources close to Jones, they are confident this latest situation will be resolved in short order and that it won't affect his ability to fight Daniel Cormier on April 23 in Las Vegas.
    "I definitely wasn't drag racing," Jones said on Monday's episode of The MMA Hour. "I got emotional and said some things that I probably shouldn't have said to a police officer."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

no question of the fight being pulled over this, he surrendered and hes gunna lawyer up and prove he did nothing and make an eegit out of the cop in question, also has grounds to sue for harassment really, cop should lose his job for the way he acted its trumped up little ****s like this that give the police a bad name around the world

no question of the fight being pulled over this, he surrendered and hes gunna lawyer up and prove he did nothing and make an eegit out of the cop in question, also has grounds to sue for harassment really, cop should lose his job for the way he acted its trumped up little ****s like this that give the police a bad name around the world

In Ireland, as bad as Gardai can be, at least they get training. In the US some police disctricts give 5-6 weeks of training, including firearms training, and then turn them out on the streets. Even less time in training if they're ex military.

It's a joke of a situation over there, everyone's supposed to cow tow around cops who have zero people skills and zero training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

BOOOOOO BOOOOOOO DC BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement