Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Jones should be thankful he didn't get shot

SzDmeboApz.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Devastator wrote: »
    Jones should be thankful he didn't get shot

SzDmeboApz.png

if he doesnt walk out to this against dc hes missing out big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »

A year working with Izzy would make Pettis a totally different animal!

A year working with Izzy would make Pettis a totally different animal!

He done a few months with him for his last fight and it didnt help him,huge hole in his game for such a great striker and submission artist off his back,them guys at 155 are too strong for him.

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »

if he doesnt walk out to this against dc hes missing out big time

That would be awesome :D UFC might have a problem with the language though. Alternatives. PE - Fight the Power? The Clash - I fought the law? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He done a few months with him for his last fight and it didnt help him,huge hole in his game for such a great striker and submission artist off his back,them guys at 155 are too strong for him.

Wonder if he'll ever move down to 145

Was due a title shot against Aldo at one stage before winning LW title

That's surprising, Izzy's know for his defensive wrestling, especially takedown defence. Which is the biggest hole in his game.

A few months might not have been enough though.

That's surprising, Izzy's know for his defensive wrestling, especially takedown defence. Which is the biggest hole in his game.

A few months might not have been enough though.

He's had ben askren too to train with the last few years and it didnt help him,he said hes going to work now on avoiding the wrestling exchanges instead of trying to win them,maybe he needs some strength training because to me he looks weak against the cage,

He wont have to worry about it with Barboza anyways that is going to be a strikers dream fight.

He's had ben askren too to train with the last few years and it didnt help him,he said hes going to work now on avoiding the wrestling exchanges instead of trying to win them,maybe he needs some strength training because to me he looks weak against the cage,

He wont have to worry about it with Barboza anyways that is going to be a strikers dream fight.

That fight and Silva vs Hall are Dana's wet dream, MMA without the grappling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That fight and Silva vs Hall are Dana's wet dream, MMA without the grappling.

Wouldn't get your hopes up for Silva vs. Hall, it'll take them until the second round to even engage. Two counter-strikers doesn't bode well, but I really hope they prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wouldn't get your hopes up for Silva vs. Hall, it'll take them until the second round to even engage. Two counter-strikers doesn't bode well, but I really hope they prove me wrong.

Silva will engage for 30 seconds in the entire fight, the last ten seconds of each round then complain when he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

In the Jones incident the cops dash cam will have recorded the entire event so the truth should come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »
    In the Jones incident the cops dash cam will have recorded the entire event so the truth should come out.

Too lazy to go back, but earlier I meant that jones was polite in the beginning, before the cop was pushing his buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Axwell wrote: »
    Add to that he was already in court last week on a traffic violation from January for driving without a license. He turned up to court last week with the paperwork the prove he had a license, registration and insurance and the judge let him off with a warning to stay out of trouble for 90 days and to pay $100 to a charity. A week later and hes already in trouble again, although in fairness the whole drag racing thing is a technicality the cop is trying to do him on so not sure how far that one is going to go in court. Its based on revving the engine and has nothing to do with the speed he was going at, the cop didn't charge him with breaking the speed limit and even says at one point that he never said he broke the speed limit. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Im just surprised he didn't have his lawyers number on speed dial.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Too lazy to go back, but earlier I meant that jones was polite in the beginning, before the cop was pushing his buttons

Ya after watching that video that cop was being such a little gimp, basically trolling Jones.

Ya after watching that video that cop was being such a little gimp, basically trolling Jones.

Sarcasm can be hard to detect via text so I'll assume your not being sarcastic!!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Sarcasm can be hard to detect via text so I'll assume your not being sarcastic!!

Not being sarcastic, that cop came across as a man who has 100% walked in on his fat hog of a wife being absolutely destroyed by a big black dude and is taking it out on Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Not being sarcastic, that cop came across as a man who has 100% walked in on his fat hog of a wife being absolutely destroyed by a big black dude and is taking it out on Jones.

Haha that escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I miss TRT Vitor.

Vitor-belfort2.jpg

He is secretly like that on the inside now. Just cleverly covered with a overcost of Brazil BBQ beef dripping

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    He is secretly like that on the inside now. Just cleverly covered with a overcost of Brazil BBQ beef dripping

Would explain how he head kicked Henderson into next year with one clean hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Looks like Cyborg was accidentally added to the UFC's male bantamweight rankings. Talk about a hilarious f**k up.

Looks like Cyborg was accidentally added to the UFC's male bantamweight rankings. Talk about a hilarious f**k up.

What a f**k upo indeed.....everyone knows cyborg fights at FW :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Sound of jesus to sponsor him
    Obviously didn't pay too much seeing as it's a tiny sponsor. JC being scabby with the collection plate money

That wasn't a f**k up

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/715223076409974784

ohhhhhhh UFC counterpunch, must be a new show? Looks like a rip of from boxing's "The gloves are off" shows but I like watching them! More interesting than watching a fighter getting their kid to say they're the best like some of the embedded shows

Hope Cormier brought the tissues.

ASOT wrote: »
    Hope Cormier brought the tissues.

lol

At least the UFC have learnt and don't have Sholler in the middle of them :D Nobody's gonna f*** with the J Ro :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

ASOT wrote: »

Terrible fighter to watch but only 2 losses. Harsh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement