Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

smilerf wrote: »
    Terrible fighter to watch but only 2 losses. Harsh

It happens, sure fitch only lost to GSP, hendricks and I think Maia then got cut won 13 or 14 aswell. If your not exciting your going to be on a tightrope basically. Not going to lie Rosholt was terrible and I'm glad he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ASOT wrote: »
    It happens, sure fitch only lost to GSP, hendricks and I think Maia then got cut won 13 or 14 aswell. If your not exciting your going to be on a tightrope basically. Not going to lie Rosholt was terrible and I'm glad he's gone.

Jake Shields too. Same reason they haven't and probably never will sign Ben Askren.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anybody watch that investigation into concussion in rugby on RTE there tonight? scary viewing especially that 14 year old who died on the pitch from 2 impacts,you can just imagine the brain trauma todays fighters are suffering,and will pay for when retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

martyos121 wrote: »
    Jake Shields too. Same reason they haven't and probably never will sign Ben Askren.

Shields is different though he was on a bomb load of money and didn't bring anything near the value they paid he also was done for a diuretic during his time with the promotion, he prob would have been cut sooner perhaps but he'd prob secured a set number of fights.

He never deserved the title shot against GSP either thought he lost against Kampmann in his first fight in the UFC, clearly got the shot due money thing too the fact he was on 75/75 in that first fight in door when we saw Rory Macdonald on 59/59 (*basic 59 as he lost ex. bonuses) for the Lawler fight at UFC189 makes me quite sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Anybody watch that investigation into concussion in rugby on RTE there tonight? scary viewing especially that 14 year old who died on the pitch from 2 impacts,you can just imagine the brain trauma todays fighters are suffering,and will pay for when retired.

It's long been my contention that the impacts in rugby, and significantly harder that impacts from punches, kicks, etc in MMA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'm amazed Aldo would take a fight for the interim belt.

• Advertisement

UFC200 announcements all over the show!!

McGregor Vs Diaz @ 170
    Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne
    Joe Lauzon vs. Diego Sanchez
    Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Booking McGregor vs Diaz 2 is ridiculous.

Creating an interim belt just because the champion wouldn't be arsed to defend his title is even more ridiculous.

Making the McGregor vs Diaz rematch the main event of UFC 200 ahead of the aforementioned ridiculous interim title fight and possibly another title fight would be the most ridiculous of all but I'll bet it happens, to ensure a 5 round fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

You have to love Ariel breaking this 5 minutes before it was due to be announced on UFC Tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

GSP had cleaned out the division true and Shields was a viable option but on a performance he should have lost hmmmmmm all the same there was talk of Jake getting the immediate shot in the first place.

75/75 is a pittance in the grand scheme of things but comparable to some top fighters on the roster at the time they would surely be scratching the head seeing him pocket 150k for nicking a decision v Kampmann

Man Conor is gonna be getting it from all angles at the press conference sitting between nate, jose and frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Man Conor is gonna be getting it from all angles at the press conference sitting between nate, jose and frankie.

No doubt. Guess he'll just have to cry into his money :)

GSP is surely coming back I know hes always training but his social media postings scream comeback.

Without clogging up the McGregor threads,

Whats the opinion on Frankie Aldo? I fancy Frankie in this Aldos had a war and then be ko'd stiff in his last 2 fights he cant be the same after that damage I worry for his chin,thats if he makes the walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whats the opinion on Frankie Aldo? I fancy Frankie in this Aldos had a war and then be ko'd stiff in his last 2 fights he cant be the same after that damage I worry for his chin,thats if he makes the walk.

If Aldo shows up focused, healthy and hungry I think he can fu*k Frankie's world up to be honest.

But I hope Edgar wins, I think he gives Conor more problems in a unification fight than Aldo does.

Should be a cracking fight and I can't wait. I think Frankie takes it but will be a tough fight. I'm hoping Frankie wins anyway to setup a big fight in NY before Conor can hang up the 145 for good....hopefully. The press conference should be a right laugh anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I really hope Frankie does it. If he doesn't then we're never gonna see McG v Frankie at 145. My feeling is Aldo will win, if he makes it there.

Im not shocked but im a little surprised Aldo is the fancied one,on his best day yes no doubt he beats him again but ive a nagging doubt hes not gonna look like the old Aldo we know,Frankie is on a good streak I know hes not the hardest puncher but he might not need to be if Aldos body cant take a lot of damage after them last 2 fights alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Im not shocked but im a little surprised Aldo is the fancied one,on his best day yes no doubt he beats him again but ive a nagging doubt hes not gonna look like the old Aldo we know,Frankie is on a good streak I know hes not the hardest puncher but he might not need to be if Aldos body cant take a lot of damage after them last 2 fights alone.

Yep, look at Mr Mendes for an example of that.

Be interesting to see if Aldo can get back to his best, sometimes the chin doesnt recover from a ko like that.

From Raimondi on twitter saying Jones to be released after court hearing with the below conditions.
    Jon Jones must attend anger management and driver improvement courses. No curfew. Must get probation officer’s approval to drive.

I really REALLY hope DC is gonna use this to slag the **** out of him like having to beg someone just to drive and "don't be getting angry Jon" as a response to anything......but no....no, DC is just gonna cry about being boo'd and ask the crowd why they are booing him.

I wish I could be at their press conferences just to boo DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

As long as we get a fight DC can do what he wants :pac:

Really looking forward to it now, gonna be at a wedding though - hope the residents bar has BT sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

maximoose wrote: »
    As long as we get a fight DC can do what he wants :pac:

Really looking forward to it now, gonna be at a wedding though - hope the residents bar has BT sport!

i have my first childs christening that day...how will i keep going from 3 pm saturday to 5.30 am sunday morning? :(

Aw yeah, would be sickened if this got cancelled. Does anyone here think DC even stands a chance? I mean he had success in the clinch and he did well taking some many big shots from Bones but if he does win, it would be a bigger shock for me than Holm beating Ronda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

akelly02 wrote: »
    i have my first childs christening that day...how will i keep going from 3 pm saturday to 5.30 am sunday morning? :(

Get your priorities straight dude. Skip the christening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Aw yeah, would be sickened if this got cancelled. Does anyone here think DC even stands a chance? I mean he had success in the clinch and he did well taking some many big shots from Bones but if he does win, it would be a bigger shock for me than Holm beating Ronda.

Cormier doesn't stand a chance IMO. Even if Jones wasn't in his head he'd be a huge underdog, but he's a beaten man already. Also, if it's true that Jones has his head screwed on and is completely sober and focused on MMA like he said he was, there isn't a man at LHW who can beat him and I predict three 50-45s with Cormier on the wrong end of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Get your priorities straight dude. Skip the christening.

You can tell her then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement