Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

What's my best way of finding flights and hotels lads?

I was there in June for non ufc related fun so I know the place inside out, quick search of Skyscanner and flights from 7th July for 5 days were almost €900...EACH

I got the flamingo for a week for under €800 including flights so I won't be paying 100 extra excluding a hotel lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

MarkY91 wrote: »

I was there in June for non ufc related fun so I know the place inside out, quick search of Skyscanner and flights from 7th July for 5 days were almost €900...EACH

I got the flamingo for a week for under €800 including flights so I won't be paying 100 extra excluding a hotel lol

You won't be getting anywhere near 800 for flights and hotel, it's more or less the busiest week in Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

MarkY91 wrote: »

I usually use expedia. It was good bit more expensive going to 196 than 194 though! I paid £650 for 4 nights over 196 staying in exclaibur

Suppose you're right. But surely I shouldn't expect to pay 100 more excluding hotel for 2 less days?

Expedia...ill have a look :)

Excalibur is right by the MGM so good location for the fight but I prepare the central strip at flamingo/caesars.

Just have to convince someone to come with me first and I'll be on my way!

Doubt I could afford a fight ticket but being there and watching it with other irish fans without tickets will be amazing.

I wouldn't even try to start making sense of flights/hotels in Vegas.

I stayed 5 nights in stratosphere for 194 and cost £550, 4 nights there for 196 was £700+. Excalibur is great location for fights...far better that the strat at opposite side of the strip and a nicer hotel to stay in too.

I'm def not going to 200 so if you want my presale code for tickets PM and remind me near the time

In terms of asking(depending?) on others....f*** 'em! I done the last 2 events on my own and had a blast.

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    I wouldn't even try to start making sense of flights/hotels in Vegas.

I stayed 5 nights in stratosphere for 194 and cost £550, 4 nights there for 196 was £700+. Excalibur is great location for fights...far better that the strat at opposite side of the strip and a nicer hotel to stay in too.

I'm def not going to 200 so if you want my presale code for tickets PM and remind me near the time

In terms of asking(depending?) on others....f*** 'em! I done the last 2 events on my own and had a blast.

Yeah the stratus so far out of the way, dodgey area up there..went past it on my way to fremantle Street.

I would appreciate the presage code but like I said, I'll have to ask around first. Travelling alone would be cool but I wouldn't like to go to the fight alone etc. I onow I'd meet loads of sound people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Jones has just went on Instagram to say he's down to fight at LHW or HW.

Fair play to him, he even says himself short notice fights are not his thing.

Hope they get Rumble for him or a decent Heavy.

weemcd wrote: »

He will probally fight Rumble at Heavyweight I'd say, don't think rumble could make Weight in time depending where he is at himself. Gus or Rumble would be sweet.

Also fair play to him aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

weemcd wrote: »

Risky move and unlike him. Why the sudden change in mentality I wonder. He wouldn't fight Sonnen on short notice before.

Risky move and unlike him. Why the sudden change in mentality I wonder. He wouldn't fight Sonnen on short notice before.

He said it well in fairness, after all the **** that went on the last year he owes it to his fans, fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Brave move by Jones, the dangers of short notice fights are very clear after what happened to Conor (although that had more to do with him simply being outthought and outfought) so kudos to him. I don't mind who he faces, just glad to see him back in the octagon.

Wonder who has the balls to take up the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Because he is in the ufc's ****list, mma fighter after tersting positive for coke and a hit and run gets into altercation with cop in at traffic lights. No matter how it went down that is the headline

martyos121 wrote: »
    Brave move by Jones, the dangers of short notice fights are very clear after what happened to Conor (although that had more to do with him simply being outthought and outfought) so kudos to him. I don't mind who he faces, just glad to see him back in the octagon.

Mark Hunt all the way!

Edit: I guess not!

martyos121 wrote: »

I don't really see many to be honest, Rumble/Gus seem the obvious choices, Bader would have thrown his name into the hat if Rumble hadn't ended his life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yeah aint nobody volunteering to fight Jones on 3 weeks notice probably rumble included,cant see him fighting.

Been dying for this fight for ages, best option by a mile!

I know this will sound a bit ridiculous, but if he has any sense then Anderson Silva should make a case to pull out of the Hall fight and take this one against Jones. He's pretty much done as a top middleweight, has the reach to make people believe he can compete with Jones and he's still a huge, huge name that'll sell PPVs. He should have enough sense to take one last payday and ride off into the sunset.

I know it's not going to happen but it has huge financial potential for the UFC.

EDIT: Actually scrap that part about reach, for some reason I thought it was a lot greater than it was. Nowhere near Jones'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Devastator wrote: »
    Lads, do ya remember way back in this topic before Jon Jones got busted and jailed for drag racing, before there were any UFC 200 announcments and before when Stormin Norman still had a job this was the topic .....

well ahem...

https://twitter.com/BESTFlGHTS/status/715985827029991425

And I am fully enjoying that moment too meisha

Helwani just tweeted that he jumped the gun and Rumble leaning towards not fighting. St.Preux has thrown his name in apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I think Jones just knows he's the baddest man on the Planet and if he's prepared he can son anyone.
    I think there's nobody who can touch him. I reckon he'll be the first dual weight champion.

I think Jones just knows he's the baddest man on the Planet and if he's prepared he can son anyone.
    I think there's nobody who can touch him. I reckon he'll be the first dual weight champion.

He didn't seem to think so when Sonnen wanted to fight him. I agree though. If he's prepared he's pretty much untouchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Jones is fighting now because who knows how long it will take for him to get arrested again.

I'm only half joking here, trouble will follow this guy for the rest of his career.

Even the biggest of haters have to give respect to JJ for coming out willing to take on anyone that is ready. I never in a million years would have thought he would do it. After being blamed for the cancelled event a few years ago, car crashes, suspensions, drug probs, rehab, more car craziness, etc etc this is a very sensible move. It gets people back on his side and all of the sudden he's looking like a bit of a good guy.

As I said I didn't expect it, unless he's heard that DC is maybe out for a considerable time and he believes he'll have enough time to heal and start to prepare for DC in the future.

As McGregor has proven, taking on a short notice replacement and getting beat will not effect his future chances. This really is a no loose fight, which is probably why he's offered it to HWs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Rashad has thrown his hat in the ring now. That wouldn't be a good night(outside of the payday), Jones would destroy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

shrewdness wrote: »
    Rashad has thrown his hat in the ring now. That wouldn't be a good night(outside of the payday), Jones would destroy him.

Rasheed is a big enough name to justify the fight though.

They should let him avenge the loss against Matt Hamill

Looks like St. Preux is the most likely candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Rasheed is a big enough name to justify the fight though.

Very true, that would go a long way to getting it and he's getting ready for a fight anyway. Ariel says OSP is now a serious contender for the fight. It would be a fresh match up for Jones but it would hardly be close.

• Advertisement

4750490-hqdefault.jpg

:eek::eek::D:D

I have no idea how this "rivalry" is still being churned by the media. I could see them both at 196 and they stood talking with eachother for about 10 mins, tapping eachother on shoulders and generally looking like a couple of old buddies who hadn't seen eachother in ages. From their body language it looked like both saying"Look, I said this but they made it out like I meant that", "Thats the same as me, they made it out like I hate you, I don't" etc

Chuck summed it up few days ago when he was asked again about it and he said "Yeah I said I think I could beat him in my prime, but I also think I could beat him right now. I'm a fighter, I think I could beat anyone, anytime, thats how my mind works"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement