Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ASOT wrote: »
    They should let him avenge the loss against Matt Hamill

He should probably stay well away from Jones if he wants to keep his remaining four senses. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Devastator wrote: »
    4750490-hqdefault.jpg

:eek::eek::D:D

I have no idea how this "rivalry" is still being churned by the media. I could see them both at 196 and they stood talking with eachother for about 10 mins, tapping eachother on shoulders and generally looking like a couple of old buddies who hadn't seen eachother in ages. From their body language it looked like both saying"Look, I said this but they made it out like I meant that", "Thats the same as me, they made it out like I hate you, I don't" etc

Chuck summed it up few days ago when he was asked again about it and he said "Yeah I said I think I could beat him in my prime, but I also think I could beat him right now. I'm a fighter, I think I could beat anyone, anytime, thats how my mind works"
    So you're basically saying chuck Liddell is fighting John Jones.
    Can't wait!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    So you're basically saying chuck Liddell is fighting John Jones.
    Can't wait!!!

It would sh*te all over ever record there is. McGregor would be pulling his beard hair out if it was announced....he'd probably have to offer to fight Nate AND Nick at the same time just to get back to the top :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    He should probably stay well away from Jones if he wants to keep his remaining four senses. :pac:

By the sound of this he's got no f***king sense left!

https://twitter.com/Hammerufc/status/716362939360546817

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Love how his handle is "Hammerufc" and he doesn't even fight under their banner anymore.

I'm guessing he hasn't heard?

;)

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Love how his handle is "Hammerufc" and he doesn't even fight under their banner anymore.

I'm guessing he hasn't heard?

;)

;)

That joke isn't going to fall on deaf ears

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Ye're on a roll lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I genuinely think he would beat Jones in a rematch..... If Steve Mazzagatti was the ref again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Devastator wrote: »
    It would sh*te all over ever record there is. McGregor would be pulling his beard hair out if it was announced....he'd probably have to offer to fight Nate AND Nick at the same time just to get back to the top :pac:

Joking aside, I'd give my left arm to see that fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

callaway92 wrote: »
    Of course it's this.

Barboza is my favourite fighter at the mo (other than Rumble)

His fight with Paul Felder was probably my top fight of 2015.

Was at Barboza - Ferguson in Vegas, never seen anything like it in the flesh. Such an exciting fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

OSP is fighting him Dana will be confirming it on sports centre soon,meh,rather he didnt fought and went to ufc 200.

Over In R1 zzzzzzzzz

Awful fight not one bit competitive thought the ufc could do better than that tbh,didnt want to offer big money I'd guess to compensate somebody.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Awful fight not one bit competitive thought the ufc could do better than that tbh,didnt want to offer big money I'd guess to compensate somebody.

Yeah that's a compleat mismatch imo, not looking forward to it atall, hopefully Jones sticks around Vegas for a few days after he wins and I can try meet him.

That's disappointing. Gonna be a massacre.

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah that's a compleat mismatch imo, not looking forward to it atall, hopefully Jones sticks around Vegas for a few days after he wins and I can try meet him.

Ah its good card reguardless that one,ive seen a lot worse ppv's it will be a bonus watching Jon tee off on someone for the first time in ages and finish them,hes a scary dude right now,

Sure the future goat is on the card Yair,whittaker too hes looked a beast lately.

It's a cracking card in fairness. I wonder will they keep Jones as main event or drop it below MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Gamebred wrote: »
    OSP is fighting him Dana will be confirming it on sports centre soon,meh,rather he didnt fought and went to ufc 200.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jones made short work of him and still fought DC at 200. He's been out for a while so he's probably mad to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

OSP needs to sneak the skateboard in again to even have a slim chance.

https://vine.co/v/OiD5d7rOYwr

It's a cracking card in fairness. I wonder will they keep Jones as main event or drop it below MM.

Nobody knows mighty mouse no chance they will promote it as him being main event surely,the public all know Jones this is the big comeback from trouble with the law im sure it will sell good considering JJ is in the news lately.

• Advertisement

OSP needs to sneak the skateboard in again to even have a slim chance.

https://vine.co/v/OiD5d7rOYwr

That was a great check hook he ko'd him with Mayweather made Ricky Hatton walk into a corner pad of the ring and drop from one of them very underutilised,

Mayweather-check-hook-Hatton.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Dana just confirmed it's OSP on Sportscenter. For the interim title.

This is even more ridiculous than the Aldo Edgar interim fight.

I N T E R I M

:pac: UFCs favorite word

Surprised Conor & Diaz aren't fighting for the Interim 170 belt.

Cyborg Vs Smith will be in an interim weight class

shrewdness wrote: »
    Dana just confirmed it's OSP on Sportscenter. For the interim title.

Please tell me you're taking the piss with interim.

It's true, one for everyone I'm the audience. The interim floodgates have opened.

LOL and people think the 145 interims Conor created were a joke GTFO Dana

• Advertisement

according to twitter its true

I wonder who's going to be the interim presenter of UFC on FOX with Helwani gone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement