Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I would presume that's cancelled now that the fight is off?

Nope :pac: Been flogging that dead horse on twitter all weekend lol

I think it was either on over night or if not its def tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Devastator wrote: »
    Nope :pac: Been flogging that dead horse on twitter all weekend lol

I think it was either on over night or if not its def tonight

What was showing it fox I presume?

fitzparker wrote: »
    What was showing it fox I presume?

looks like it, FS1, this was from Saturday. I think I seen posts about it yesterday too. From the watermark in bottom right it looks like it was on over night

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/716060088956428288

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Can't see it online anywhere

DC has offered to pay OSPs travel to take him and train him for the fight against Jones.

How desparate is DC for anyone to beat JJ so he doesn't have to face him and hold onto his paper belt a while longer? How can he train anyone is he's injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

DC has offered to pay OSPs travel to take him and train him for the fight against Jones.

How desparate is DC for anyone to beat JJ so he doesn't have to face him and hold onto his paper belt a while longer? How can he train anyone is he's injured?

Yeah that makes him look really bad, surely he must realise how that comes across? He could easily have said something like "No disrespect to OSP, but I want Jon to win because I have a score to settle with him" or something along those lines, but this just looks like him trying to avoid fighting Jones again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DC knows for a fact OSP isn't winning, it's just a kind gesture for stepping up and taking this fight on short notice, along with a pretty much guaranteed loss on his record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Romero banned for 9 months backdated to January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote: »

That's an absolute joke of a situation.

That's an absolute joke of a situation.

Sure he didn't mean to take it.......

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Yeah that makes him look really bad, surely he must realise how that comes across? He could easily have said something like "No disrespect to OSP, but I want Jon to win because I have a score to settle with him" or something along those lines, but this just looks like him trying to avoid fighting Jones again.

I've not listened to it yet, just reading the twitter updates. Has JJ been on yet to give his retort?

I thought hesus would have got him off :pac:

I've not listened to it yet, just reading the twitter updates. Has JJ been on yet to give his retort?

I thought hesus would have got him off :pac:

Gay Jesus was too busy.........

Haven't been watching myself, just seen the quotes. Maybe I took it out of context but that's just how it looked to me from what I seen.

Think Jones is on in the next half hour. Apparently Greg Jackson was on and said that Jones now his own full time driver. Finally!

shrewdness wrote: »
    Haven't been watching myself, just seen the quotes. Maybe I took it out of context but that's just how it looked to me from what I seen.

Think Jones is on in the next half hour. Apparently Greg Jackson was on and said that Jones now his own full time driver. Finally!

Im not sure what other context it could have meant.....and DC wonders why he gets boo'd by the fans :rolleyes: :D

Im not sure what other context it could have meant.....and DC wonders why he gets boo'd by the fans :rolleyes: :D

Yeah true, it's pretty clear cut what he said in fairness! I watched it back there, he basically says he's offering OSP his training camp that he'd prepared for Jones - the AKA facilities, his sparring partners etc. He said that even if it's not DC, all his team still want to see Jones lose that night!

But he does say that although he likes OSP, it's the closest thing to a tune-up fight in MMA for a returning fighter, and he's expecting Jones to win. Also says he'd be healed and ready to fight at 200 if Jones was ready too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Poor aul DC terrified trying to help OSP beat Jones cause deep down he knows he can't himself. Also you can expect injuries to happen in fight camp but how many times does it have to happen before AKA sort their shit out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

"Daniel [Cormier] is an absolute coward who will never beat me" Jon Jones

I'll download & listen while I'm hanging about hospital tomorrow getting tests. Looking forward to having a listen.

It sounds incredibly disrespectful from DC from what you've said though. If I'm reading it right hes basically said to OSP "You're not good enough and your team are not good enough but so come train with my team and they'll support you"

OSP has turned the offer down.

UFC200............Cain & DC on same card :pac: Nothing could possibly go wrong with injuries there. Depending on when they're looking at NYC the UFC might hold them back to that.

Mike Wilkinson cut, the ufc are getting ruthless he was 2-2

Also turned out Romero only got a 6 month suspension, and not 9 as reported earlier by Helwani.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/4/11364368/yoel-romero-gets-six-month-suspension-from-usada-for-failing-drug

Tim Means should get the same handily enough so.

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/717085065725935616

I think most of us can see through it

• Advertisement

His response to why he didn't put DC's name in the tweet :pac:

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/717086888398446592

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mike Wilkinson cut, the ufc are getting ruthless he was 2-2

Always injured and was comprehensively outclassed in his last fight. He won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paully D wrote: »
    Always injured and was comprehensively outclassed in his last fight. He won't be missed.

Not to mention being eliminated in his first fight on TUF the one that Norman won who was cut; saying that one of his most notable wins is Artem who is on the roster.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/2/11352982/tuf-winner-norman-parke-released-from-ufc
    Norman Parke has been released by the UFC.

edit: whoops happened a few days ago :( sorry was half asleep and thought it just happened now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/2/11352982/tuf-winner-norman-parke-released-from-ufc
    Norman Parke has been released by the UFC.

edit: whoops happened a few days ago :( sorry was half asleep and thought it just happened now.

Was announced om Aprils fools day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Well Cormier had another meltdown on twitter this evening Jones is in his head more than Conor was in Aldo its hilarious and worrying at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

For people complaining about OSP getting the shot

http://www.instagram.com/p/BDxHjbMgXHt/

Mellor wrote: »

He's still a lamb to the slaughter though.

Mellor wrote: »

If anything that just shows how thin the division is, Shogun is 8th and he's 2-3 in his last 5, Evans is also 2-3, OSP is 3-2 with wins over two washed up brazillians and Pat Cummins, Bader is boring disregard him, Glover is 3-2 with wins over osp, Cummins and Bader, Gus is 2-3 also but loses to the top three.

Weakest division in the ufc without a doubt. Bar maybe the flyweight division since MM is a freak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

If anything that just shows how thin the division is, Shogun is 8th and he's 2-3 in his last 5, Evans is also 2-3, OSP is 3-2 with wins over two washed up brazillians and Pat Cummins, Bader is boring disregard him, Glover is 3-2 with wins over osp, Cummins and Bader, Gus is 2-3 also but loses to the top three.

Weakest division in the ufc without a doubt. Bar maybe the flyweight division since MM is a freak.

100% Agreed, followed closely by Heavyweight and Flyweight.

OSP was the only real candidate. Jones might as well move up to heavyweight once he beat DC again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement