Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Winner of the next TUF to get a 125lb title shot, fupping ridiculous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Beersmith wrote: »

It'll be put on hold after Seery wins the belt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great stuff IMO. That's how Matt Serra got his shot at GSP and the rest is history. It only works in weak divisions though, which WW wasn't at that time but it did work out well in the end.

It makes much more sense this time though, nobody in the flyweight division is deserving of a shot against DJ (he's miles ahead of them all and he's beaten everyone that ever had the slightest chance against him).

I think what's going to happen here is that whoever wins and earns their title shot, will have a year to train for it so Mighty Mouse can take a superfight at bantamweight. He has nothing left to achieve at flyweight and a move up is the only way he will ever draw a penny, despite being the second best mixed martial artist in the world, which is kind of sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I think the matt serra era of TUF was quite different in quality. Your talking about someone who has cleaned out a division. Precisely the person they shouldn't let a guy with 2 or 3 fights fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Matt Serra got a titleshot after winning TUF and beat GSP.

Don't see what is too ridiculous about it, if Mighty Mouse beats Cejudo he has essentially cleaned out the division. There aren't many matchup's to make and I think this is a great way to promote the division.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Jones DC should be the next tuf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Matt Serra was already in the UFC though, that season was for people who had losing records IIRC, just look at how many former winners in the last few years are having good careers?

Whoever wins will get absolutely smoked by DJ, that is, as ASOT said, if Seery doesn't take the strap first!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Jones DC should be the next tuf.

I'd fear for DC's long term mental health if that ever happened. He'd prob end up getting booed by his own team.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

In all fairness Mighty Mouse is really running out of contenders.

Plus it'll make it interesting as TUF has really stagnated over the last few years.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Matt Serra got a titleshot after winning TUF and beat GSP.

Don't see what is too ridiculous about it, if Mighty Mouse beats Cejudo he has essentially cleaned out the division. There aren't many matchup's to make and I think this is a great way to promote the division.

If nobody in the ufc can beat him let's be honest he won't get beat my anyone coming through from tuf it'll be a massacre.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Matt Serra was already in the UFC though, that season was for people who had losing records IIRC, just look at how many former winners in the last few years are having good careers?

Whoever wins will get absolutely smoked by DJ, that is, as ASOT said, if Seery doesn't take the strap first!

Can somebody explain how they think Seery will win the title?

I'm not disrespecting him or trolling and I realise he has a lot of fans here. But I don't see that he has that potential to beat DJ for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

What's the chances Benavidez will try to get on TUF now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

lougal88 wrote: »

I'm not disrespecting him or trolling and I realise he has a lot of fans here. But I don't see that he has that potential to beat DJ for example.

It's a joke of sorts, He wouldn't beat DJ but I think he has a chance against Hourigucci

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

lougal88 wrote: »

Tongue in cheek I'd say but if Seery wins his next fight he's not far off a title shot.

Tongue in cheek I'd say but if Seery wins his next fight he's not far off a title shot.

Fair enough aye. Horiguchi is a huge test for him and a very exciting match up. I think if he wins that he is still at least one fight away from a shot.

Maybe an eliminator against the likes of Bermudez or Dodson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good Lord imagine what Mighty Mouse will do to a TUF winner getting a title shot straight from the show. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I think its a good idea giving the winner of TUF a title shot, at least its not an interim shot :pac:

The winner has about as much chance of anyone else of beating DJ, none! There isn't that much general interest in DJs fights and he struggles to headline a PPV and pull in the numbers. This way, they can build up the challenger during TUF and generate some extra interest in the fight.

Devastator wrote: »
    I think its a good idea giving the winner of TUF a title shot, at least its not an interim shot :pac:

The winner has about as much chance of anyone else of beating DJ, none! There isn't that much general interest in DJs fights and he struggles to headline a PPV and pull in the numbers. This way, they can build up the challenger during TUF and generate some extra interest in the fight.

It'll do even worse numbers imo, the only way this will work is if they get a lad into the house that kos or subs everyone, if they don't it will absolutely bomb. Mad decision, they should do a TUF with all the owl lads over 35.

ASOT wrote: »
    It'll do even worse numbers imo, the only way this will work is if they get a lad into the house that kos or subs everyone, if they don't it will absolutely bomb. Mad decision, they should do a TUF with all the owl lads over 35.

The Ultimate Juicer?

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Ultimate Juicer?

That's what I was going to say originally haha not going to lie I'd watch that, I'd also watch fights woth two juiced up lads fighting, it'd be quality entertainment.

• Advertisement

That's what I was going to say originally haha not going to lie I'd watch that, I'd also watch fights woth two juiced up lads fighting, it'd be quality entertainment.

Couldn't give a toss about PEDs in most sports as long as everyone has access to them, but in combat sport I'd have an issue with it because it jeopardises the health of honest fighters.

Two juiced up guys knocking lumps out of each other though? You bet I'll watch that! :)

Couldn't give a toss about PEDs in most sports as long as everyone has access to them, but in combat sport I'd have an issue with it because it jeopardises the health of honest fighters.

Two juiced up guys knocking lumps out of each other though? You bet I'll watch that! :)

Nothing like watching a juiced up overeem, Sure Rizin will just be full of juice anyway even in there womens division.

I think it depends on what they decide to do with TUF. I think recent series the biggest problem is they've not really been sure if its a fight program or a reality tv show and the confusion has worked against it. Are episodes shorter now aswell or something or is it just me? The early series I felt like we really got to know the fighters throughout , not just what they were like as fighters but as people. Whereas recent series I struggle to even remember some of their names :eek: Maybe its fighters fault to, whereas at start they didn't have a clue what was going on and didn't care how they came across on camera therefore we got to know them and maybe more recently fighters are more guarded to what way they come across.

The only thing I'm looking forward to in the next series is JJ & Gadelha. There seems to be a genuine dislike from them both and they both seem pretty nuts so it could be entertaining.

Nothing like watching a juiced up overeem, Sure Rizin will just be full of juice anyway even in there womens division.

How about tag team mma in rizin? :pac:

How about tag team mma in rizin? :pac:

Wouldn't even surprise me, that Russian 5v5 mma are ruthless aswell, guys getting pounded 3v1.

Wouldn't even surprise me, that Russian 5v5 mma are ruthless aswell, guys getting pounded 3v1.

lol Im not suggesting they are mad enough....they are mad enough!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/4/11361836/wanderlei-silva-s-tag-team-partner-revealed-for-rizin-ff-main-event

Jesus Christ I tuaght you were messing, that's ridiculous.

I can see it now, Wanderlei knocks out one of them, locks in a RNC choke on the other while his partner has the same guy in a heel hook.

It's the future lads.

The future of bullshît, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I remember that but was there no animosity before that incident at all?

• Advertisement

I can't wait until they sign up Rampage for a mixed tag team match. He'll win by tap out by dry humping the female opponent in the middle of the ring :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement