Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mellor wrote: »
    Who would you give it to if not Stipe? It's a shallow division, but he's a cl;ear cut top 3 contender

Agree could only give it to him or overeem,rothwell is matched up with barnett next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gamebred wrote: »
    Agree could only give it to him or overeem,rothwell is matched up with barnett next week.

Exactly Stipe was promised the winner anyway.

Cain hasn't won in the Octagon for over 2 years, Rothwell has 3 since including KO of Reem stylistically Barnett might be a tricky one so overcome that I'd like to see him getting the shot but we all know that's not the way these things work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Uuggghhh

Anyway, I hope Stipe knocks the troll face off Werdum. Do people think Jones will actually move to HW after a clear out of the LHW? I know he has the skill to take the big boys but would be interesting to see if he'll actually do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Do people think Jones will actually move to HW after a clear out of the LHW? I know he has the skill to take the big boys but would be interesting to see if he'll actually do it.

Yep, he's said it for years that he would move up and Jones is a completely trustworthy guy so no reason to doubt him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/691400840557400069

No surprise here cain is made of glass
    feck sake :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

What's wrong with Stipe getting a shot? He's off the back of 2 big performances. The division is looking better than it did a few years ago when it was just JDS and Cain who wasn't even fit enough to defend his title.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'll tell you what's not right about Stipe getting the shot!

The fact that he was promised the next shot and now has to take his shot on 2 weeks notice. It puts him at a disadvantage. He could've gotten his shot after a full camp.

However, it had to be done this way because he's the the only legit contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The fact that he was promised the next shot and now has to take his shot on 2 weeks notice. It puts him at a disadvantage. He could've gotten his shot after a full camp.

MrStuffins wrote: »

Will have the ''full camp stipe would've done better'' excuse so its win win,ufc will look after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Werdum is out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Werdum is now out of the fight with Stipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

WOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

**** sake man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Conor McGregor has just been awarded the interim heavyweight championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

martyos121 wrote: »
    Conor McGregor has just been awarded the interim heavyweight championship.

It's the only logical thing I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Hopefully they get a decent replacement main card.

Anybody buying the werdum injury excuse not to fight?

I doubt hes afraid of stipe considering hes beaten the best hw's ever but its very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Hes just being extra cautious which is understandable. The injury does seem like bull though, considering he said he would fight if it was still Cain. What a mess.

Don't know if true or not, if confirmed or anything but read DJ Vs Benavidez rubber match is the new headline fight.

Devastator wrote: »
    Don't know if true or not, if confirmed or anything but read DJ Vs Benavidez rubber match is the new headline fight.

Personally have no interest in this again.

• Advertisement

Well that can't be true since it isn't a rubber match. Mighty Mouse is 2-0 against Benavidez.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well that can't be true since it isn't a rubber match. Mighty Mouse is 2-0 against Benavidez.

ahaha good shout, probably crap. TBH I think its unlikely for any title fight as a replacement on such short notice.

Ben Rothwell get ready to assume(resume) the position!

I really hope they don't make this fight! It would be grossly unfair, mainly to Rothwell but also to fans who have bought FN tickets and were looking forward to seeing Barnett & Rothwell. Back to Ben, I don't think he's had a fight since Miocic pulled out of the fight in Dublin but in the time since Miocic got a fight with AA, bumped up to late replacement for a title fight and now might get Rothwell's opponent for an interim title :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Probably gonna have to scrap the card now

dave1982 wrote: »
    Probably gonna have to scrap the card now

UFC scrap their superbowl weekend card? :D You've more chance of getting Nick Diaz to quit smoking

UFC at Madison Square Garden has been blocked again, those damned New York judges! :mad:

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/ny-federal-judge-denies-ufc-move-to-allow-madison-square-garden-event

UFC scrap their superbowl weekend card? :D You've more chance of getting Nick Diaz to quit smoking

Think they need a title fight as card was sold as a title event?

Im surprised Conor hasnt asked to save the card as a warm up for RDA.

Im surprised Conor hasnt asked to save the card as a warm up for RDA.

Haha was actually thinking he'd want move fight forward with RDA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Will have the ''full camp stipe would've done better'' excuse so its win win,ufc will look after him.
    Shall be forever known as "The Mendes" excuse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement