Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ASOT wrote: »
    Holm v Shevchenko confirmed for July 23rd.

And as main event too.

Johnson v Glover prob won't need 5 rounds anyhow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

And as main event too.

Johnson v Glover prob won't need 5 rounds anyhow :D

Really looking forward to both fights, Valentina is an animal! Glovers such a nice guy it'll be a shame when Rumble smashes his head in.

ASOT wrote: »
    Really looking forward to both fights, Valentina is an animal! Glovers such a nice guy it'll be a shame when Rumble smashes his head in.

Yeah very dangerous fight for Holm, think Rumble blows Glover away too.

Tony Ferguson v Michael Chiesa announced for July 13th (A Wednesday) the two ultimate fighter winners in action a few days after UFC200, Despite Khabib bout for Ferguson being a preference this should be a beast of a fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Tony Ferguson v Michael Chiesa announced for July 13th (A Wednesday) the two ultimate fighter winners in action a few days after UFC200, Despite Khabib bout for Ferguson being a preference this should be a beast of a fight!
    Chiesa has been overlooked for a long time.
    Great wrestling and submissions. Despite Tony being ahead in the rankings I think this could go either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I cant wait for 198 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Devastator wrote: »
    Sounds like a good fight

ChtdGjSU4AA4vrI.jpg

Good fight....That's a bloody brilliant fight. Rumble hands Glover his 1st tko loss, won't come easy though. Rumble is like a better, more explosive version of Glover (minus the BJJ). Reckon he gives Jones trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

UFC Hamburg Sept 3rd. Wonder will there be many big fights on this card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

They'll hardly have a Dublin card will they? I'd say they'll take this year off and come back next year, possibly with McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

BOHtox wrote: »
    They'll hardly have a Dublin card will they? I'd say they'll take this year off and come back next year, possibly with McGregor.

Mcgreggor will not be fighting in ireland again until he is not relevant or drawing money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Time for Paully to get the 198 thread going.

Only a few days to go and it's an awesome card, on paper at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like the rumour is becoming reality, 4 companies in a bid war to buy ufc for 4 billion after the fertittas paid 2 mil for it in the 90's. Looks like a Chinese company will get it. Winder what this will mean for the future.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/10/11653910/ufc-owners-reportedly-in-heavy-discussions-to-sell-promotion?utm_campaign=mmafighting&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I really hope they are only buying a percentage. Even a large one.
    Unless they plan to keep Dana as VP, somebody could very easily ruin MMA in that spot.

yeah id agree there, heck it might be amazing but I think the ufc loses a lot without dana and the fertitas involved

Joe Rogan would follow Dana as well. Who knows, fresh faces all round, get rid of Reebok, might be a good thing. Or you know. ..it could destroy the sport, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anderson Silva out of UFC 198, may require gall bladder surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Who knows, fresh faces all round, get rid of Reebok, might be a good thing. .
    I'd be surprised if getting of Reebok was an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Looks like the rumour is becoming reality, 4 companies in a bid war to buy ufc for 4 billion after the fertittas paid 2 mil for it in the 90's. Looks like a Chinese company will get it. Winder what this will mean for the future.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/10/11653910/ufc-owners-reportedly-in-heavy-discussions-to-sell-promotion?utm_campaign=mmafighting&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
    It would be really interesting to see if they would still have the majority of fights in Vegas.

I could see a few big ones happening in Asia. Id Dalian wanda were to buy and start putting on shows here id be a bit gutted - I leave Dalian to move home this summer!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anderson Silva out of UFC 198, may require gall bladder surgery

McGregor to move up to 185 and take the fight. You heard it here first.

Siver injured, out of 199, looking for replacement, Jaysus Conor take that ****ing fight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

BOHtox wrote: »

I read a few rumours of a Belfast card in December in the last few weeks, but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Siver injured, out of 199, looking for replacement, Jaysus Conor take that ****ing fight!!

**** it I was hoping to see him kick lumps out of BJ

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

maximoose wrote: »
    I read a few rumours of a Belfast card in December in the last few weeks, but nothing since.

someone posted about it on here and links to some twitter post. I hope its true(9 years since we had our 1 and only UFC event) but I think its just rumours. I think it was said to be about week before xmas with Glasgow penciled in as backup. It would be awesome if it did happen as the odyssey is only about 10mins walk from where I live which makes it a lot easier than travelling 18 odd hours to Vegas :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Everyone here keep your phones on. Good chance of being offered to coach on TUF at some point.

https://twitter.com/ufctonight/status/730555966974885888

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Everyone here keep your phones on. Good chance of being offered to coach on TUF at some point.

https://twitter.com/ufctonight/status/730555966974885888

As in the winner of TUF, or did they change that and the winning coach faces him?

I'd say the two boys'll fight the finale thyen the winner of that takes on dj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Thats quite a long lay-off for DJ then.

Cole Miller in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Depp wrote: »
    I'd say the two boys'll fight the finale thyen the winner of that takes on dj

Or the winner of tuf if they get the belt of course :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement