Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Would love to see Bisping in there. I wouldn't give him a hope of winning but deserves a shot after his years of service and losses to so many TRT guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Seems a bit desparate from Bisping. I've always had time for him and do think he deserves a title shot due to how long he's been around and he's fought a lot of fights against dirty fighters BUT I think he deserves a proper shot not a late notice replacement.

I really hope Lawler beats Woodley, I don't think Woodley's done enough for a title fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

If the Luke Rockhold stays on the card Bisping deserves the shot, he'll have a tough task at two weeks notice but hes earned it! Also it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he's been training with an eye to a drop out in this fight especially with Rockholds talk of knee problems in the run in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I would let Bisping get crushed by Rockhold again (so we don't have to listen to the "he deserves it" stuff anymore) and let Jacare fight Rockhold in a few months with a full camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

ASOT wrote: »
    Would be delighted with that myself, lot of time for bisping he's one of the legendary pr*cks of the sport.

FYP :D

he's sh*t and just doesn't deserve a title shot...ever. Rockhold will make mince meat of him in any event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Am i the only one who wants Romero .

I suppose Jacare will be in perfect condition though after just fighting .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

FYP :D

he's sh*t and just doesn't deserve a title shot...ever. Rockhold will make mince meat of him in any event.

He's been so close to a title shot a few times and lost title eliminators to TRT guys so he has been shafted. **** or not I hope he gets a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

TheNap wrote: »
    Am i the only one who wants Romero .

I suppose Jacare will be in perfect condition though after just fighting .
    Romero is still serving his USADA suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Things heating up nicely between Luke and Mick

FOX Sports: UFC ‏@UFCONFOX 11h11 hours ago Who wants Michael @Bisping to get the call to fight @LukeRockhold for @UFC gold at #UFC199!?!?

CisrLjqVEAAvAu2.jpg

363 retweets 713 likes

<li class="js-stream-item stream-item stream-item expanding-stream-item " data-item-id="732726842587676672" id="stream-item-tweet-732726842587676672" data-item-type="tweet">

<li class="js-stream-item stream-item stream-item expanding-stream-item " data-item-id="732784719532691456" id="stream-item-tweet-732784719532691456" data-item-type="tweet">
    57na8kz-_bigger.jpgmichael ‏@bisping 8h8 hours ago
    @UFCONFOX @LukeRockhold @ufc I do, the people do, I think Luke, not so much.

91 retweets 210 likes

M2XeW8qY_bigger.jpgLuke Rockhold Verified account ‏@LukeRockhold

@bisping @UFCONFOX @ufc Bisping few things I enjoy more than shutting your mouth. The pleasure would be all mine, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Hope it's Jacare. With Bisping it won't be that competitive. Jacare just as deserving too, his last real loss was a decision against Rockhold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Jacare has an injured knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Davei141 wrote: »
    Jacare has an injured knee.
    Is that confirmed?
    I thought he wasn't doing his medical until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rockhold wouldn't take the Jacare fight on two weeks notice if you leave the possible knee injury aside. He's confident he can beat Bisping because he did it before so we may see that fight, but there's no chance he'll fight Jacare without a full camp, he's a much tougher test and a complete different type of fighter to Weidman who he was preparing for the last number of weeks/months.

It's either Bisping at 199 or Weidman in New York this November I'd say. Jacare deserves the next shot more than either of them with Romero suspended but that's not how things work in the UFC, all about the money of course (rightly so, it is a business after all).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Luke will push for Bisping, easy fight nice payday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Weidman has pulled out of 4 championship fights in the last 2 years. 2016 hasn't been great for injuries after a pretty good 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hopefully its Bisping, I'd rather see Rockhold and Jacare fight each other with full camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

xtal191 wrote: »
    Hopefully its Bisping, I'd rather see Rockhold and Jacare fight each other with full camps.

They would both have full camps . Jacare fought on Saturday

Weidman posted a big update. Basically a stiff neck after training led to a lot of pain and now a disk needs to be removed or fused. Surgery needed, out 8-12 weeks so he's hoping his next fight is in NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

TheNap wrote: »
    They would both have full camps . Jacare fought on Saturday

Camps to fight different fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Weidman posted a big update. Basically a stiff neck after training led to a lot of pain and now a disk needs to be removed or fused. Surgery needed, out 8-12 weeks so he's hoping his next fight is in NY.

The best thing to do there is have him fight Yoel Romero in NY IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I would have thought a problem like that would have a longer rehab

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rockhold vs. Bisping is official for UFC 199. :)

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/732980091328823296

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I see absolutely ZERO chance in Bisping winning this, but I'm happy for him.

Just hope he doesn't get too badly beaten, as I actually like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Would love for him to win, the internet would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Have to give it to bisping, he's got some set of balls. He could make money fighting nobodies but takes the hardest fights he can get.
    Not many people would have the guts to go in against a man who absolutely destroyed him a short while ago.
    Nobody can ever question his character, I don't see much hope for him against Rockhold but I hope he puts up a good showing, it's the very least he deserves. Come on bisping !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Delighted Bisping got the shot and hope he can pull it off, not confident at all he though.

But Weidman getting neck surgery is serious. Most surgery is serious but back/neck surgery can be hard road back from, especially for a high level athlete to try compete at the same level again.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

This is a win-win situation for all concerned.
    Jacare clearly wouldn't be ready for June 4th.
    Bisping deserves the shot IMO, pity there isn't more time to hype the fight as there is nobody better in the MW division at trash-talking.

Chances are it plays out very similar to their first fight. I think Bisping's best chance of winning is to fight smart, stay away from power shots and use his cardio. Easier said than done, Rockhold is a beast.

Rockhold probably TKOs him again and fights Jacare next.
    Not sure where it leaves Weidman though he my be out til late 2016.
    Maybe Rockhold fights 3 times in 5 months? Highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I think Bisping deserves a shot as well so I'm happy for him.

Fair play for stepping up on two weeks notice and fair play to Rockhold for taking the fight as well. Not many champions would take a change of opponent this close to fight night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Delighted for Bisping but it's a massive shame he doesn't get a full camp. He deserves a proper camp and preparation/media/hype time, but unfortunately probably knew that if he didn't take this he was never going to get the shot.

• Advertisement

Cmon Bisping ta f*ck! Would be epic if he wins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement