Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Devastator wrote: »
    Miocic Vs Overeem at UFC 203!

The event is in Cleveland, where I think Miocic is from. I'd love to see the Reem do it
    No doubt we will see a new champion again. Champions fighting at home have a really bad record as seen with Werdum. Pressure is all on Stipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm hoping Stipe can do it in front of his home crowd. P4P most likeable champ

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Stipe is gonna wreck Overeem and I...CANNOT....WAIT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Stipe is gonna wreck Overeem and I...CANNOT....WAIT!!!

:confused: I don't get the positivity for him. To me he's a meh type character, don't like him, don't dislike him. I thought this forum was pretty much against him after he pulled out of the Dublin card last year??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Devastator wrote: »
    :confused: I don't get the positivity for him. To me he's a meh type character, don't like him, don't dislike him. I thought this forum was pretty much against him after he pulled out of the Dublin card last year??

100% agreed , fell off Dublin card magically got Arlovski fight to me is like Shogun falling out of Rashad bout gets announced to fight in hometown. Considering what happened that card in Dublin in the end I can't help but still have a bad taste in my mouth to me that was the biggest fight on the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it's crazy how open this div has become and who could say who will be champ this time next year?

I think it might be the reem next myself, has the weapons to put stipe away but what I like bout the reem is that he sticks to a plan and has been fighting very intelligently recently
    have no real preference who wins though although I would like to see
    miocic jds fight again

100% agreed , fell off Dublin card magically got Arlovski fight to me is like Shogun falling out of Rashad bout gets announced to fight in hometown. Considering what happened that card in Dublin in the end I can't help but still have a bad taste in my mouth to me that was the biggest fight on the card.

What was the shady excuse he gave for pulling out....or did he even give an excuse? I didn't go(wasn't planning on going) so didn't pay full attention but just remember there seemed to be a lot of p*ssed off people on this forum at him around the time.

I want an Overeem win as he said he wants to defend it in the Ajax Arena next year(If the dodgy Amsterdam mayor can be paid off sufficiently lol). Another UFC trip to Holland, especially the more lax attitude of Amsterdam, sounds awesome :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

A back injury he claimed to have If I remember correctly,hope the reem ko's him stiff for that reason alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

can't see past miocic personally. reem has a pretty weak chin which'll be exposed again by miocic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Think Overeem takes this no problem,his striking is miles ahead of Miocic's and he's fighting much smarter, keeping distance and picking his shots, no longer standing in front of guys because everyone can be KO'd at HW from one shot.

Overeem will pick him apart in the early exchanges and wear Miocic down and finish it.
    Miocic will have to catch Reem getting sloppy, it does happen (like Werdum), he may try to wrestle? But Overeem's wrestling/grappling is good so not sure that'll work.

• Advertisement

Overeem will probably win the early exchanges but he'll over-extend at some point and Stipe's boxing is the best in the division, one well timed punch and Overeem is going to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

dave1982 wrote: »
    Luke cummo was as tough as ****

Just finished watching his ''where are they now??'' segment.

Cool guy.
    Shame how things turned out for him. Hope he manages to keep things on the right track now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Lukker- wrote: »
    Overeem will probably win the early exchanges but he'll over-extend at some point and Stipe's boxing is the best in the division, one well timed punch and Overeem is going to sleep.

Think JDS has better boxing than Miocic myself.

Fancy Overeeem might take the title.
    Don't really rate Miocic that highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

John_D80 wrote: »
    Just finished watching his ''where are they now??'' segment.

Cool guy.
    Shame how things turned out for him. Hope he manages to keep things on the right track now.

Are BT sports showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are BT sports showing it?

Doubtful seeing as they are only 8 minute pieces on each featured fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I don't think Overeem has the chin to take Stipe's punches. Stipe by TKO imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I don't think Overeem has the chin to take Stipe's punches. Stipe by TKO imo.

Yeah, I have Stipe by KO here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

No thread yet for Fight Night 88?
    Interested to hear people's thoughts and predictions.

Looks like a complete sleeper of a card before 199. Some fantastic fights in the lighter weight classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

lougal88 wrote: »
    Interested to hear people's thoughts and predictions.

Looks like a complete sleeper of a card before 199. Some fantastic fights in the lighter weight classes.

Paully has been slow lately :D yeah looks a savage card few fights look like they could be very good!

Paully's like Rogan he only does the big events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Need a good rogan&goldie card often makes up for the ****e fight's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Think Sunday cards always fail to Catch the imagination early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Need a good rogan&goldie card often makes up for the ****e fight's

goldie died 4 years ago hes a soundboard now :D:D pity gooden and hardy only do the european cards theyre fairly good usually!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

My worry is when rogan goes, which is looking likely, we will end up with either the boring robot stann or god forbid that ass licker Jon anik

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I liked cruz and dc doing cameo appearances each would happily listen to fighters give their opinions instead of the likes of Anik who is the typical U.S sports broadcaster headache stuff,Josh Palmer who does cage warriors is 2nd to Rogan imo mainly because hes a decent level bjj practicioner and knows what hes talking about.

lougal88 wrote: »

Just made one may hide just in case :)

Is the new Ultimate fighter worth a look? or whats peoples opinions on it (no spoilers, if worthwhile)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is the new Ultimate fighter worth a look? or whats peoples opinions on it (no spoilers, if worthwhile)

It's worth a look if you want to vastly lower your opinion of Joanna Champion. Other than that, it's not been a great season so far.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's worth a look if you want to vastly lower your opinion of Joanna Champion. Other than that, it's not been a great season so far.

Really wow, tbh they're never great as long as it doesn't reach the lows of Penn Edgar season bad.

If/when Rogan goes it will be an ex fighter taking his place. Colour commentator they call it, basically someone who's supposed to know what they're talking about and leave the other 1(Goldie) to cheese it up and tell you who is promoting the prep point or what event is coming up next. Seems like Stann is probably favorite.

No! 1 decent fight so far out of 5 episodes(not counting the fights to get into house).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The best fight bits so far were probably the elimination episode two fights were crazy come backs. The rest is just Joanna making any excuse to square up to Claudia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement