Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

At UFC 172 Ariel asked Chuck if he'd fight Jon Jones. UFC security pinned him against a wall and choked him. CHeck Front Row Brian's twitter for that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ronda wouldn't talk to Ariel after that Brown interview. Ronda....mad at someone. ..throwing a fit. .... that doesn't sound like her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Makes sense that he would want someone to go with him backstage on Saturday if things did "get physical" previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Watching a man commit suicide here, why is he dissing Travis and rondo now....

Seriously whats his goal here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

jcd5971 wrote: »

Well he's done with the UFC so why not

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote:
    Well he's done with the UFC so why not

True but he's not fixing it up now after this ever most likely, you know.

I'm sure he's comfortable he still has enough sources and connections to continue doing his job even if Dana and Lorenzo are at odds with him.

He's getting understandably angry now. It's not scathing but he will never be back working for FOX or the UFC again given the tirade he's going on.

I think Ariel is one of the most passionate journos out there but have to remind myself that it's only one side of the story here.

He has a big enough following that the likes of ESPN would probably take him on to front their MMA coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

fcuk it he's dead right, the ufc decided the gloves were off not ariel, sh!t on someone with his reach and influence and no way it just gets forgotten about

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

True but he's not fixing it up now after this ever most likely, you know.

It seems like he's felt like him getting booted was coming for a long time so prob figures the UFC aren't going to change their mind.

It is very weird scenario I agree

• Advertisement

Can't imagine we'll ever get a proper insight in to the UFC side of the story. For some reason they haven't replied to my tweets

ufc is right on the brink of becoming mainstream and its shady sh!t like this from dana and co thats holding it back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

MMA really is a unique sport to follow. This is a riveting story

stephenl15 wrote: »
    MMA really is a unique sport to follow this is a riveting story

Aye. I wonder how many soccer journalists would I watch talk about losing their Old Trafford access for an hour.

bellator bit is a shambles! can you imagine a soccer reporter being banned from premiership matches for covering a la liga game?

Spies now Aswell....this is funny as ****

"A mole feeding me stories"

Bleedin' bizarro world.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

cian68 wrote: »
    Aye. I wonder how many soccer journalists would I watch talk about losing their Old Trafford access for an hour.

I'ts cos in MMA (like Wrestling with the WWE) as much as you would like to say there isn't, there really is only one game in town (The UFC). This would be the equivilant of the biggest name soccer journalist not being banned from Old Trafford but being banned by Uefa or Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He's close to tears now.

Ariel hasn't used a single swear word. What a gent :P

• Advertisement

Is he crying...ah jesus christ nobody drowned his family

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

he doesn't know what to say now so hes getting emotional, was the same at the start. While he was rolling off all the sh!t from the past few years he was okay

Is he crying...ah jesus christ nobody drowned his family

Well it obviously means a lot to him, I don't think there's any shame in that, he's clearly a very emotional guy.

Nobody is starting a mma association for helwani, some guy will get scoops for next while who will play the game facts of life.

But you did ruin it aerial, you ruined the announcement, no point crying now

Wow he's in bits

I think he really needs to toughen up if he's going to take on Vegas' powerful…

I love Ariel and always enjoyed his reporting and interviews but come on - what and who is appealing for here? He's effectively gone nuclear out of pent up frustration and emotion. I understand his points about journalistic integrity, but he's always known who and what he's dealing with no? And was ok with it whilst it suited him. Bit disingenuous IMO.

Had to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah Christ this is tough :(

• Advertisement

Cali_girl wrote:
    I love Ariel and always enjoyed his reporting and interviews but come on - what and who is appealing for here? He's effectively gone nuclear out of pent up frustration and emotion. I understand his points about journalistic integrity, but he's always known who and what he's dealing with no? And was ok with it whilst it suited him. Bit disingenuous IMO.

That's what I'm feeling towards him tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement