Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Paully D wrote: »
    Henderson getting a title shot would be completely ridiculous but I would love to see it happen as Bisping will ruin him. It would be awesome to see him get revenge on that cheating bastard.

I'd be very surprised if it happens however.

Looks like the fight thats happening to me,think thats one of their biggest drawing fight options.The history going all the way back to 100,with the title on the line making it bigger.

I think its a no brainer that it happens,money always talks and its a massive drawing fight i think it can do a million buys and for the UFC if Bisping can beat him and he has a good shot and if he does they still got the Rockhold rematch to make right after it.

Anything else would be just poor business from the UFC they are all about the money and that is the money fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamebred wrote: »

This is genuinely Heart breaking for me mended was my favourite fighter in the ufc, but props to USADA they are doing absolute work! I wonder what his excuse will be, I'm going to say tainted sups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

ASOT wrote: »
    This is genuinely Heart breaking for me mended was my favourite fighter in the ufc, but props to USADA they are doing absolute work! I wonder what his excuse will be, I'm going to say tainted sups.

and me only saying how i expect a comeback from him! dissapointing if true but it could be something innocent at the end of the day!

Depp wrote: »
    and me only saying how i expect a comeback from him! dissapointing if true but it could be something innocent at the end of the day!

Probably tainted deer meat that he caught himself :pac:

On that Means had his suspension reduced to 6 months for tainted sups, so I'd imagine that will be peoples main defence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

A blown up 135lb body builder as someone famously said Ha

No sympathy for him another cheat out of the game the sport is rancid they are so stupid knowing Usada is active and still getting caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Paully D wrote: »
    Henderson getting a title shot would be completely ridiculous but I would love to see it happen as Bisping will ruin him. It would be awesome to see him get revenge on that cheating bastard.

I'd be very surprised if it happens however.

You've obviously not got used to the fact that you NEVER COUNT OUT HENDO ;)

1 Bomb lands on Bisping and it ends the same as the first fight

I'd put at 80/20 in favour of bisping

scudzilla wrote: »
    You've obviously not got used to the fact that you NEVER COUNT OUT HENDO ;)

1 Bomb lands on Bisping and it ends the same as the first fight

I'd put at 80/20 in favour of bisping

If Hendo H bombed him took the title and retired it would be like a hollywood script of epic proportions.

No sympathy for him another cheat out of the game the sport is rancid they are so stupid knowing Usada is active and still getting caught.

The golden snitch putting in a serious shift the last couple of months, getting paid overtime.

ASOT wrote: »
    The golden snitch putting in a serious shift the last couple of months, getting paid overtime.

Ha a classic Rogan and Schaub nickname :pac:

His career will be as good as done now if he gets a 2 year ban was hoping they fed him to Holloway while hes waiting for a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Bisping vs Hendo for the title would be embarrassing if it happens. Stacked division and Bispings first actions as a champion is to call out a guy who should be retired. There was a reason people used to hate this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote:
    Chad Mendes caught by Usada LOL

Not sure how to feel about that. In one sense it's frustrating to find out a fighter you love to watch is a juicer but in another way it's great to see all these pr*cks getting caught by USADA. The sport is riddled.

Ha a classic Rogan and Schaub nickname :pac:

His career will be as good as done now if he gets a 2 year ban was hoping they fed him to Holloway while hes waiting for a shot.

We have found the only person on this planet who hates Chad Mendes and the reasons are because he fought McGregor... :confused:

After seeing how all these "USADA Violations" have gone down the past year how about waiting for some more information before hanging the guy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Davei141 wrote: »
    We have found the only person on this planet who hates Chad Mendes and the reasons are because he fought McGregor... :confused:

Is it really surprising when you see the username...

Hyperboles everywhere is an understatement

Davei141 wrote:
    After seeing how all these "USADA Violations" have gone down the past year how about waiting for some more information before hanging the guy?

Guilty until proven innocent when it comes to these violations

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 39,394 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What do you mean?
    Almost every "USADA Violation" that has been flagged has turned out to be a fighter cheating? It's not like there's been a flood of legitimate reasons pulled out.
    There'very few situations were Chad isn't cheating here. They also said it was from a sample, so BJ Penn stye IV failure is unlikely

Mellor wrote:
    What do you mean? Almost every "USADA Violation" that has been flagged has turned out to be a fighter cheating? It's not like there's been a flood of legitimate reasons pulled out. There'very few situations were Chad isn't cheating here. They also said it was from a sample, so BJ Penn stye IV failure is unlikely

I'm sure we'll probably get the usual tainted supplement excuse or the brand new tainted deer meat excuse. Either way Usada are doing a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Mendes getting popped for steroids, I'm not surprised, motherfecker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Brock get his test results back yet?

• Advertisement

Brock get his test results back yet?

Knowing how the UFC work those results probably won't become available until after 200.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wish they would inform us what the potential violation was.

Paully D wrote:
    I wish they would inform us what the potential violation was.

There's standard procedure to go through first I assume?

Why on gods earth would I hate Mendes because McGregor ko'd him? mind boggling statement the man is a suspected steroid cheat of course I hate him for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I've a feeling a huge amount of UFC fighters are on juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I'm sure we'll probably get the usual tainted supplement excuse or the brand new tainted deer meat excuse. Either way Usada are doing a great job

I'm bored of that excuse already. Kinda wish USADA would make a statement saying "You're the fighter, its your body so you're responsible for what goes into it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

I remember the look on Chads face when Conor whispered in his ear after the fight about Aldo being a Juicer,and when i found out what he said the look on Chads face i kinda thought to myself maybe Chads juicing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Ah man this sucks, I was at Vegas for his fight with mcg, guy was a gentleman.

We met him in elevator in mgm and got a quick chat and a few pics, as we were leaving, one of my mates said

"obviously we want you to lose this one, but good luck in future, hope you do well"

He came out after us with his coach's, thanked us for nor being asses like sone guys were( a lot of fools went to Vegas, and embarrased the irish to be frank)

He chatted to us for a good 15 minutes took loads of pics and everything.

And even when he got beat by mcg he gave a wonderful interview to Joe, praised Conor and acknowledged the travelling support he gets.

Anyway I found him a real gentleman, and I hope this is a mistake.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    What do you mean?
    Almost every "USADA Violation" that has been flagged has turned out to be a fighter cheating? It's not like there's been a flood of legitimate reasons pulled out.
    There'very few situations were Chad isn't cheating here. They also said it was from a sample, so BJ Penn stye IV failure is unlikely

Tim Means six months tainted supplement. Yoel Romero six months tainted supplement. BJ Penn also had a period where he was hanged briefly till we find out it was a stupid IV ban. Lyoto Machida got banned for admitting to taking some useless supplement. You could call all that cheating if you want but I disagree. I think it is a bit of a far cry from the "they were juiced to the bloody gills on roids" which is what this is supposed to catch out, not people taking poor quality supplements or having an IV out of competition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement