Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gus is at UFC Hamburg as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

ASOT wrote: »
    Gus is at UFC Hamburg as expected.
    Big step up for the pole and considering he

r lost against a few mid level guys.
    I can see Gus destroying him

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Paully D wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything regarding prices for UFC Hamburg tickets which go on sale this week? I've found the below, but surely that can't be correct. 150 top priced ticket?:

https://www.gnp1.de/mma/ufc-news/news/alle-infos-zum-ticketvorverkauf-fuer-ufc-hamburg-diese-woche/ (Google Translated)
    There are still three months to go to UFC Fight Night in Hamburg, but start early as this week of ticket sales for the event in the Barclaycard Arena. Today, the UFC has given the ticket prices for the event on September 3 announced.

There is a total of five give ticket categories, the prices are graded as follows: 40 , 55 , 85 , 105 and 150 . All prices include VAT. In addition, the UFC will again offer various VIP packages.

The public sale starts on Friday, 27 May at 10 am on www.eventim.de . Who previously would like to purchase his ticket, should on Thursday the UFC accounts kept in the social networks in the eye or under http://de.ufc.com/hamburg register. With a special code that will be distributed through these channels, tickets can be ordered on Thursday from 10am. Full impatient fans get a Ultimate or Elite membership in the UFC Fight Club already from Wednesday 10:00 the opportunity to order tickets.

First fights for the event are not yet known. Whether there will be a first fight announcement to launch, is unclear.
    Sorry I couldn't see much else on the thread. Anybody going to this event?
    I'd imagine it would be tricky to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

hmmm thats interesting about China/Austrailia. As I said y'day Ive been watching a bit about the EU ref and there was an NI debate on a few nights ago. The leave campaigners were actually bigging up Australia's economy and their framework that they built their economy on and said NI could do with following their infrastructure!!
    lougal88 wrote: »

Paully is going, I haven't noticed anyone else say they are going. I looked at possibility but no direct flights from Belfast so passing it. Another fight added, don't think this was posted. Cards stacking up nicely

13407129_1040492102653406_1305777835171987058_n.jpg?oh=a9d18f5cf98ebb7f7a12c2d11335e95a&oe=57C4CC4E

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Woah, didn't know Will Brooks was in the UFC. LW just got even more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Woah, didn't know Will Brooks was in the UFC. LW just got even more interesting.

Just signed, delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone know what time Fedor will be in the cage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Anyone know what time Fedor will be in the cage?

Events are usually 4 hours long so my guess would be in about 3 hours, 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wonder if UFC will be tempted to try any of this stuff thats between fights in EFN! Certainly different!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

lougal88 wrote: »

Yep, I'm going mate.

It's actually pretty easy to get to. Flights direct to Hamburg from Dublin with Aer Lingus and then a train from the airport to the city takes about 20 minutes, same from the city to the arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Hilarious enough this! Delighted for bisping hasnt been a more deserving champ in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The 'Where Are They Now?' series on Fight Pass is a great watch for anyone interested. Some cool stories and paths that the subjects have gone down since TUF.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,400 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mellor wrote: »
    JJayoo wrote: »
    4 billion is a tasty figure and Dana owns 9% of the UFC.
    Comes to $360m for baldy, not bad.

Fertittas cleaning up with 81% ownership

Wow, it's actually even better for Dana. He's getting to cash out for millions and still gets to keep a moderate percentage of company.

https://www.twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/744012710996754432

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That will be some deal for Dana!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That will be some deal for Dana!

yeah, based on the reported offer. He'll get to cash out $375m, and still keeps on around $275m in equity. Does it for a bit and cashes out again in a few years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Full camp Chad taking the blame it seems. Credit where credits due, instead of trying to blame kangeroo meat or something as daft.

https://twitter.com/chadmendes/status/744284478848147457

Has there been any indication of what he tested positive for?

Has there been any indication of what he tested positive for?

No details have been released as far as I know.

Cla4dswUsAAK9G7.jpg
    4.2 billion dollars

Reports are that a deal has been done

Great stuff from GSP on the MMA Hour said hes waiting to reach a deal with the ufc very interested in fighting Bisping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gamebred wrote: »
    Great stuff from GSP on the MMA Hour said hes waiting to reach a deal with the ufc very interested in fighting Bisping.

GSP might have what it takes to beat Bisping if he's not rusty

He'll have a though time against bigger guys like Rockhold and Weidman, I know size isn't everything but he'd find it hard to lay and pray on them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Surprised there's not more talk about this.

GSP back is massive news, a deal will definitely be done.

I think he destroys Bisping or Conor.
    Him vs Lawlor would be awesome as well, so many possibilities.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Surprised there's not more talk about this.

GSP back is massive news, a deal will definitely be done.

I think he destroys Bisping or Conor.
    Him vs Lawlor would be awesome as well, so many possibilities.
    Conor?
    I can't imagine GSP gets near 145, or 155.
    Conor hasn't really fought at WW yet and he won't in the near future either

He was ringside at the Diaz fight with the idea of fighting Conor next I 100% believe that,he wants a red pantie night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Conor?
    I can't imagine GSP gets near 145, or 155.
    Conor hasn't really fought at WW yet and he won't in the near future either

Yeah GSP said he walks around at 187 and could make lightweight easily. No problems at all. I was surprised as well.

Yeah GSP said he walks around at 187 and could make lightweight easily. No problems at all. I was surprised as well.

I was always told he was 190 when fighting at WW.
    No way is 187 to 155 was an easy cut with new weigh-in rules and no IVs.

Unless he means he's way smaller now and will have an easy cut once he is in fight shape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nate trolling social media.
    Guessing he's still getting paid show money for 200 because Conor effectively pulled out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG5bnEcOPgi/?r=52420573

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He probably could make it, Michael Chiesa walks around at 195 lb's.

Wouldn't be in his best interest I don't think. He's never made the cut before and he has lots of miles on the clock, whom knows how it could effect him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I was always told he was 190 when fighting at WW.
    No way is 187 to 155 was an easy cut with new weigh-in rules and no IVs.

Unless he means he's way smaller now and will have an easy cut once he is in fight shape

If he is walking around at 187 he could get down to the mid-high 170's during camp and cut from there. 20lbs is doable at that weight, it's about 11% of 175.

• Advertisement

If he is walking around at 187 he could get down to the mid-high 170's during camp and cut from there. 20lbs is doable at that weight, it's about 11% of 175.
    That would be cutting from 175, not from 187 though (17%). That's my point.
    He was cutting from 190 for WW I'd guess. He'd need to be 15lbs lighter to make LW.

Physically, he could get down to that weight for sure. But right now he isn't built for lightweight. He isn't too far from his fight condition from his UFC days from what I've seen, not like he is carrying flab at 187lbs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement