Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

just watched the end of the mma hour there, wonder will anyone care when gsp is given the 4 month usada exemption

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Depp wrote: »
    just watched the end of the mma hour there, wonder will anyone care when gsp is given the 4 month usada exemption

GSP has been very anti doping and vocally, part of the reason he left in the first place, I'd say he has already given notice and what not, or wont take the exemption

GSP has been very anti doping and vocally, part of the reason he left in the first place, I'd say he has already given notice and what not, or wont take the exemption

dont think he has taken ped's but to play devils advocate just cause someone speaks out about peds does it automatically mean theyve never used?

dont think he has taken ped's but to play devils advocate just cause someone speaks out about peds does it automatically mean theyve never used?
    I agree but the fact he left the ufc over the concerns and hasn fought since /for anyone else gives me belief in him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I agree but the fact he left the ufc over the concerns and hasn fought since /for anyone else gives me belief in him

He couldn't fight for anyone else, he was contracted to the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

I think GSP is clean but there has been numerous cases of guys who were outspoken against doping and then popped for something.

For me and it might be crazy but i often think a lot of the guys maybe not in GSPs case but a lot of the time the most outspoken guys i tend to suspect of doping themselves.

Also Gsp's last few fights would lead me to believe he has not been juicing his performanceswere clearly diminishing , which would naturally happen with time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Or he was juicing and as he became more vocal he decided to come off it.
    Performance drops but he gets the moral high ground for being vocal before sliding into retirement.

How will the uk out of the eu effect the ufc? Don't they have a base in the eu to make things easier?

Id say the only way it could affect it is possibly moving the office to dublin or somewhere else in the eu, years down the line though

• Advertisement

Id say the only way it could affect it is possibly moving the office to dublin or somewhere else in the eu, years down the line though

throwing events in the uk might be a bit more difficult depending on visas, surely?

throwing events in the uk might be a bit more difficult depending on visas, surely?

not any more difficult than it is now, still need visas for fighters from outside the eu as it stands

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gamebred wrote: »
    That's not even mildly surpising

• Registered Users Posts: 39,400 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

not any more difficult than it is now, still need visas for fighters from outside the eu as it stands

But the majority of fighters tend to come from Europe for those cards. Don't think it's an issue and visas are easy to get. It just means last minute replacements are unlikely to happen accross UK borders

Gamebred wrote: »

I'd imagine that's more of an Olympics issue than a UFC issue

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah this sucks balls, gotta feel for Chiesa. :(

https://twitter.com/mikemav22/status/747554361136451584

Was dying to see that fight.

I wonder is Khabib in camp and preparing in case something like this happened for this fight or the RDA vs Alvarez fight and ready to step in on short notice?

Wait, never mind, Ramadan... boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Its wiki, so its obviously 100% true. So its apparently a UK PPV(!) card with Bisping defending against Hendo as the main.

CmIEoCwWgAEEa3z.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_204

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

Devastator wrote: »
    Its wiki, so its obviously 100% true. So its apparently a UK PPV(!) card with Bisping defending against Hendo as the main.

CmIEoCwWgAEEa3z.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_204
    that card looks way to good for a uk event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Guessing whoever is behind UFC rumours on twitter does Wiki too! Would be good to get a card like that in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Funny story regarding Artem from John Kavanagh's book that I thought I'd share.

Those who watched TUF 22 will recall Artem's fight against Mehdi Baghdad to get into the house, it was a great scrap which resulted in a split decision win for Mehdi when really it probably should have gone to a 3rd round.

Anyway, the McGregor v Mendes fight took place on the Saturday night and Artem's aforementioned fight took place 4 days later on Wednesday. The plan for Artem after the McGregor fight was to get a massage, rest up and be ready to go for the TUF elimination fight. However, he ended up going out with Conor and co to celebrate on Saturday night and the party continued through Sunday night into the very early hours of Monday morning with Artem in full flow :pac: He missed reporting for TUF duties as scheduled on Monday morning, managed to get to do what he needed to do by Monday evening and ended up being involved in that really good fight less than 48 hours later. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Was probably lucky he's mates with McGregor or Dana would of bounced him from TUF!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Fromvert wrote: »
    Was probably lucky he's mates with McGregor or Dana would of bounced him from TUF!

only reason he got into the house anyway. they changed the rules so McG could get his friend in the house.

Its also the only reason he'll keen getting fights despite having the saltiest record in professional mma since bob sapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Alex White injured and Ryan Hall fight is now off, not looking for replacement. Can't believe haven't seen Ryan fight since Tuf finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Alex White injured and Ryan Hall fight is now off, not looking for replacement. Can't believe haven't seen Ryan fight since Tuf finale.

What's the story with Artem. Probably cut, but I haven't seen him be officially cut AFAIR

Zero-Cool wrote: »

White hates jiu jitsu fighters, he'll sandbag Hall as much as he can. He looked disgusted handing him the trophy after the tuf final. Pity because I think he could be a serious Contender at 145, and could even cuter to 135 if he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah but I get the feeling Ryan isn't too pushed either. You see some fighters on social media pushing for a fight but see nothing from him (could be wrong and just missing it). It's a pity because his, as well as others, high level jitz is an absolute joy to watch (when he's not piggy backing a guy for 3 rounds anyway). Was mad to see how he did against Alex and thought they would at least look for a replacment.

• Advertisement

White hates jiu jitsu fighters, . he'll sandbag Hall as much as he can. He looked disgusted handing him the trophy after the tuf final. Pity because I think he could be a serious Contender at 145, and could even cuter to 135 if he wanted.
    Hall has probably the best grappling in the UFC at LW or below. But his striking is ropey. Pretty sure he's been focusing mostly on that over the last 12 months. Working a lot at Tristar I hear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement