Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I don't mind if sky get it as they will hype the **** outta it and probably get more eyes on it.

My worry is what happens with fightpass. I sub to it so get all the fightnights and I just buy the ppv there as well, as I don't really like BT coverage (ad breaks between rounds/interviews/walk outs etc.)
    I just fire on fightpass and done. Would sky restrict this like it is in the states?

If only we knew! We're just going to have to wait and see. Shouldn't be too long to find out. Its getting a bit silly all the chopping and changing in the UK I guess now they're playing with the big boys that hopefully won't be the case any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours that bisping v hendo 2 is to be announced this week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

ricero wrote:

In London, and live on Sky Box Office!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah the Euro cards would be open to PPV for Sky, however 3am cards would be a tough sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ricero wrote: »

You know what....i kind of want to see that. Would be great for hendo to win and then retire in the ring :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Can't see them going PPV in Europe, it still is such a niche market as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hope they have Bisping defend in England. Definitely go to that.

JoeyJJ wrote:
    Yeah the Euro cards would be open to PPV for Sky, however 3am cards would be a tough sale.

Anyone know the viewing figures BT get for 3am cards?

id imagne they get better ones for the 10am sky+ cards :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

It would be hard to know the viewing figures but if they started charging ppv the viewing figures around these parts will go off a cliff,people might pay for a big one or if Conor is on but otherwise hardly anyone is gonna be watching.

I think the UFC could well figure its better sticking with BT and getting more viewers on a regular basis because whatever way the Sky deal stacks up i just think its unlikely to compare to what we have been getting on BT,and their viewing figures takes a hit on Sky imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yeah its all in or nothing surely they couldnt pick and choose what events to charge ppv for,

Good luck asking for ppv from casuals for ufc events headlined by Robbie Lawler,DJ even Jones v OSP and the likes not a hope would they sell well sure they hardly sold well in America 199 one of the best cards ive seen in years done about 300k in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

When i went to UFC 75 they put it on in the U.S as a time delay PPV, the event had been over for 4-5hrs before it was broadcast, decent enough card too (Dampage vs Hendo for LHW title, CroCop vs Kongo, Bisping vs Hamill)

PPV was apparently dire, they never tried it again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah its all in or nothing surely they couldnt pick and choose what events to charge ppv for,

Good luck asking for ppv from casuals for ufc events headlined by Robbie Lawler,DJ even Jones v OSP and the likes not a hope would they sell well sure they hardly sold well in America 199 one of the best cards ive seen in years done about 300k in America.

I think they could, I wouldn't be surprised if they put most of the UFC and boxing on one channel (Sky Sports 4 becomes it or something) and most PPVs are on that, but for a McGregor card, or this weekends card, they'll put it on PPV. They did it for WWE and Boxing after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote:

They don't include the people who record it to watch the next day though, so it could be double that.

darced wrote:

They don't. I emailed Sky last year and they said they cannot count viewings that aren't live in the ratings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

scudzilla wrote: »
    When i went to UFC 75 they put it on in the U.S as a time delay PPV, the event had been over for 4-5hrs before it was broadcast, decent enough card too (Dampage vs Hendo for LHW title, CroCop vs Kongo, Bisping vs Hamill)

Could have sworn they did that for UFC 93 too?

darced wrote:

Link and show me where it states that recordings are counted? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I don't believe you....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

darced wrote: »
    You're wrong.

He's only asking for proof.

darced wrote:

OK. Although that is 3 years old, why would Sky have told me different last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

scudzilla wrote: »

They done it for Belfast's sole event on ppv delay too. Think it was 72, Franklin, Forrest, Guida were on it. I was working :mad: yep, still pssed off about it!
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    I think they could, I wouldn't be surprised if they put most of the UFC and boxing on one channel (Sky Sports 4 becomes it or something) and most PPVs are on that, but for a McGregor card, or this weekends card, they'll put it on PPV. They did it for WWE and Boxing after all!

Exactly! They do it for boxing all the time. It obviously wouldn't be every event because nobody would pay the extra if it was even once per month, nevermind maybe 3,4,5 events per month. Bisping in main(or even co main) in his 1st title defence in the UK would be a huge deal for them to make a big song and dance about and give them months to sell it.

sorry for the cross post but may be handy for someone for the weekend

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057618130

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

dashoonage wrote: »
    sorry for the cross post but may be handy for someone for the weekend

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057618130

Hopefully they stay with BT now, can't ask for much better than free with your broadband

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Hopefully they stay with BT now, can't ask for much better than free with your broadband

To me this is a worrying development for anyone hoping UFC stays with BT.Its hard to imagine Eir giving out free BT sports packages unless BTs stock took a hit,as in losing the UFC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement