Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/751549723346100224

My guess is he wont pay him what gsp wants,sure sounded like he wanted a comeback on the mma hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »

My guess is he wont pay him what gsp wants,sure sounded like he wanted a comeback on the mma hour.

Maybe bellator will pick him up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Why do people still take Dana's word as gospel? Yesterday he was saying DC vs Anderson wasn't gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why do people still take Dana's word as gospel? Yesterday he was saying DC vs Anderson wasn't gonna happen.

dana denying something is basically the new confirmation that its happening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Think this is the first time since the very early days of UFC, that there isn't any Brazilian champion currently. Even crazier considering how many titles there is now.

• Advertisement

Well this escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tinie wrote: »
    Think this is the first time since the very early days of UFC, that there isn't any Brazilian champion currently. Even crazier considering how many titles there is now.

Gadelha/Aldo/Nunes do you see any of them winning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wouldn't have anything at all to do with the increased piss testing would it :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gadelha/Aldo/Nunes do you see any of them winning?

Gadelha and Nunes have a very good chance id wager, especially Gadelha, so it might not be long until theres another Brazillian champion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

are you new to UFC shenanigans or just gullible?
    NEVER take what Dana says as truth. The guy is a borderline compulsive liar.

• Advertisement

are you new to UFC shenanigans or just gullible?
    NEVER take what Dana says as truth. The guy is a borderline compulsive liar.

Dana saying GSP wont fight again,will be booked for 205 so.

Read the thread before posting please.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Since Anderson Silva took the belt off Franklin

Mellor wrote: »
    Since Anderson Silva took the belt off Franklin

It will only last a day hopefully, Claudia tonight can do it #AndNew

Another round 1 thank god :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Are you all aware that if you have Eir broadband at home you can now get free BT Sport and Setanta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

Can someone explain how the earlier weigh ins are suppose to be safer? Didn't seem to be for Hendricks or Tate yesterday. My solution is to have weigh ins an hour before the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Can someone explain how the earlier weigh ins are suppose to be safer? Didn't seem to be for Hendricks or Tate yesterday. My solution is to have weigh ins an hour before the fight.

They can rehydrate more, the golden snitch Jeff mentioned before that the brain couldn't fully rehydrate with the old systen. Now theybhave more time to take on water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jaysus you'd kill them man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

An hour before would mean you end up with incredibly dehydrated people trying to get in and fight that would be very dangerous! What they have now is a hell of a lot safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I hope you don't work in healthcare :pac: p.s. never aspply for a job in UFC either, please

• Advertisement

Then Hendricks would have struggle to make weight just the same. Then he'd have to fight in an hour.

Way more dangerous

In fairness in an ideal world where no one cuts weight an hour before is probably the fairest. It is a bit ridiculous having two people weigh in the same then get in the ring and there's 20lb between them. Maybe one day they will figure out how to make it happen hard to beat human nature though someone will always find a way.

jimmii wrote: »
    In fairness in an ideal world where no one cuts weight an hour before is probably the fairest.
    It is a bit ridiculous having two people weigh in the same then get in the ring and there's 20lb between them. Maybe one day they will figure out how to make it happen hard to beat human nature though someone will always find a way.
    Even in the ideal world, without cutting. People won't always be exactly the upper limit of a division. They'll be spread throughout it.
    If a guy weighs 189lbs what does he do if he can't cut. Fight at 205ers?

As long as everyone cuts some weight, there shouldn't be 20lbs difference ever. Not like the old days.

I think the solution will be restricting how big a fighter can be 7 days out.

Mellor wrote: »
    Even in the ideal world, without cutting. People won't always be exactly the upper limit of a division. They'll be spread throughout it.
    If a guy weighs 189lbs what does he do if he can't cut. Fight at 205ers?

As long as everyone cuts some weight, there shouldn't be 20lbs difference ever. Not like the old days.

I think the solution will be restricting how big a fighter can be 7 days out.

Yeh so few weight classes doesn't help especially at the higher classes where even within the limits there is a big difference. The only way things will really change is if fighters make it change and it seems more are happy to cut a ton of weight than not. Would you have a 7 day weigh in and a 2 day weigh in or just allow people to pile the weight on for a week?

jimmii wrote:
    An hour before would mean you end up with incredibly dehydrated people trying to get in and fight that would be very dangerous! What they have now is a hell of a lot safer.

Devastator wrote:
    I hope you don't work in healthcare p.s. never aspply for a job in UFC either, please

My point of an hour before is that maybe there wouldn't be much cutting, because you won't be able to gain to much back in the hour.

The WWE has uploaded a few videos of Brock's fight prep, one is the embedded series featuring him and Mark Hunt.

JJayoo wrote:
    The WWE has uploaded a few videos of Brock's fight prep, one is the embedded series featuring him and Mark Hunt.

Have you a link

jimmii wrote: »
    Would you have a 7 day weigh in and a 2 day weigh in or just allow people to pile the weight on for a week?
    Still weigh in the day before as normal, but only let people be like 10% over weight class 7 days out.

The logic being that their weight 7 days out should be around their cage weight.
    My point of an hour before is that maybe there wouldn't be much cutting, because you won't be able to gain to much back in the hour.

There would obviously be much less weight cut, but the reason its dangerous is that any amount of dehydration is dangerous when you are about to get punched in the head.

And when people are coming into fight week, and they're a bit over contracted weight. They'll have no other option than cutting that weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That wouldn't stop fighters from cutting weight IMO, it just means fighters would be putting themselves in a terrible situation by not being anywhere near properly hydrated going into the fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement