Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mellor wrote: »
    Still weigh in the day before as normal, but only let people be like 10% over weight class 7 days out.

The logic being that their weight 7 days out should be around their cage weight.

That seems like a pretty good way to go about it as weight can still but cut but not in the extreme ways we see now. I've never done a full cut myself but watching others do it, it just seems so horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Dana just confirmed Bisping v Henderson! Looking to do it in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

shrewdness wrote: »
    Dana just confirmed Bisping v Henderson! Looking to do it in Manchester.

any details on when/where? savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

shrewdness wrote: »
    Dana just confirmed Bisping v Henderson!

On fox?

Must have decided to repay Mike for taking the last fight on short notice by letting him hand pick his next fight.

Joke of a decision, 13th ranked guy with 3 win in his last 9 fights, puncuated with brutal knockouts from Vitor x 2 and Gegard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

On fox?

Must have decided to repay Mike for taking the last fight on short notice by letting him hand pick his next fight.

Joke of a decision, 13th ranked guy with 3 win in his last 9 fights, puncuated with brutal knockouts from Vitor x 2 and Gegard.

Yeah on fox sports 1. Bisping said himself that was the fight he wanted and the knockout from 100 still annoys him. Definitely a joke when you look at the guys at the top of that division.

• Advertisement

video of the announcement, delighted for bisping

Just thinking here... Anderson was 198 weighing in, with no camp.

I wonder could he make it down to 170 with a few months to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just thinking here... Anderson was 198 weighing in, with no camp.

I wonder could he make it down to 170 with a few months to do it?

Even if he could I doubt he has the will to do it at this stage of his career

Even if he could I doubt he has the will to do it at this stage of his career

I was more wondering why he never did it in the first place...

Not every fighter has the will to dehydrate themselves to dangerous levels, and I suppose you could call him a successful middleweight so moving down was probably never in the thought process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If the UFC decide to schedule Bisping vs Henderson for a weekend when United are playing at home on the Sunday, I will love them foverer.

Weekend sorted.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    If the UFC decide to schedule Bisping vs Henderson for a weekend when United are playing at home on the Sunday, I will love them foverer.

Weekend sorted.

If it's PPV I wonder will it be a late card

Or even it's on FOX it could still be late ala Sweden last January

Saturday game would work then too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

On another note, the first sensible decision of the Reebok reign was changing the colour scheme.

Allowing green, yellow, blue etc is so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He's smaller now than when he was in his prime.
    For his first two LHW fight he was 206 and 205. Possibility cutting to get there.
    Cutting to WW wasnt an option when he was champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

UFC 204 or 206 for Bisping v Henderson 2 I'd imagine? That would be a date in late September/early October or mid-late November/early Decemeber. I'd guess at UFC 204 in early October.

If it's in the UK, I'm definitely going. I would rather Manchester a thousand times over London though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

From a selfish point of view if it's in England I'm happy about Bisping Hendo because I'll definitely go.

But realistically it's making a mockery of the rankings, more so than ever before. How can they give the number 13 guy who's 45 years old a title shot. Jacare must be fuming, along with Weidman and Rockhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,752 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think it's pretty much a certainty they would be doing the card in London - With the 02 there now I can't see them ever deviating from having a card to somewhere else in England.

I'll head over either way but if it's not London I'd be very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Kinda hoping its in London myself. prefer it over Manchester.

As for henderson getting the shot...sure rankings mean nothing anymore lads. All you have to do to get fights these days is be ready at a days notice!

How mad would it be for Henderson to beat bisping and retire right there in the right...Hand dana back the belt and just walk off :P

I dont think Dana can take much more this year to be honest.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Kinda hoping its in London myself. prefer it over Manchester.

As for henderson getting the shot...sure rankings mean nothing anymore lads. All you have to do to get fights these days is be ready at a days notice!

How mad would it be for Henderson to beat bisping and retire right there in the right...Hand dana back the belt and just walk off :P

I dont think Dana can take much more this year to be honest.

Would be mad alright, since there'd be a 0% chance of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Delighted for Bisping. He's been around that long, taken on so many fighters that had been busted for drugs and throughout kept clean himself. Took the title fight on very short notice so he more than deserves to get what he wants. I hope he KO's Hendo and gets the revenge he wants.

I hope its in England, where I don't give a sh.t!! After the EU vote and drop in Sterling value the chances of me getting to a US card or even European card have lowered so UK card would be perfect.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Would be mad alright, since there'd be a 0% chance of that happening.

0% chance of him winning or retiring after winning?

Last few weeks of MMA have shown nobody is ever a shoe in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If he won and retired he would be setting fire to a few million ffs.

Gamebred wrote: »
    If he won and retired he would be setting fire to a few million ffs.

He's taken a lot of damage last few years

One last payday, one last big fight, go out on a high as opposed to a low like most

At this stage Hendo has to be thinking of his wellbeing, he'd be stupid not to

Money isn't everything

He's taken a lot of damage last few years

One last payday, one last big fight, go out on a high as opposed to a low like most

At this stage Hendo has to be thinking of his wellbeing, he'd be stupid not to

Money isn't everything

Said he wont retire unless the ufc gives him a job full time cant afford to retire he said.

Said he wont retire unless the ufc gives him a job full time cant afford to retire he said.

Didn't know that

Surely a role like Chuck Liddell's could be done

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/10/12142440/donald-cerrone-daniel-cormier-fought-like-a-f-g-against-anderson-silva

Cowboy on the beer I presume,he'll be in trouble for that,also appearantly slammed Jones for popping.

A headline title fight and a slice of PPV buys as a golden handshake maybe?

0% chance of him winning or retiring after winning?

Last few weeks of MMA have shown nobody is ever a shoe in

0% chance of him retiring if he wins. . .

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/10/12142440/donald-cerrone-daniel-cormier-fought-like-a-f-g-against-anderson-silva

Cowboy on the beer I presume,he'll be in trouble for that,also appearantly slammed Jones for popping.

much ado about nothing really, he didnt say it to specifically offend the gay community and other than the standard sjws that hop on stuff like this noone really cares

• Advertisement

wonder what they do with frankie now, move to 35 against tj seems like the right play if he can make the cut

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement