Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I'd watch McGregor Aldo again but the build up woud be tedious we've seen it all before,Conor cant improve on the promo or the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

UFC changing all of Nate's bios and promo material to list him as a welterweight ahead of his fight with Conor.

He's having none of it on The instagram machine, hahaha. Anything to hype up Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I see cowboy cerrone has done it again by saying that dc fought like a fag against anderson silva

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Cerrone is a clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

ricero wrote: »
    I see cowboy cerrone has done it again by saying that dc fought like a fag against anderson silva
    hefferboi wrote:
    Cerrone is a clown

I like Cerrone but holy sh*t, the guy just does himself no favours! He has a tendency to invite trouble in his direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I like Cerrone but holy sh*t, the guy just does himself no favours! He has a tendency to invite trouble in his direction!

Given the initiative and marketing towards the LGBTQ community that won't go over well with top brass.

Great fighter but he really is thick as shít sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

He will make more money in bellator anyway secretly I'd say he wants the sack.

Sonnen just announced and Joe didn't disagree with him that Jones was popped for 2 estrogen blockers.

Sonnen just announced and Joe didn't disagree with him that Jones was popped for 2 estrogen blockers.

Malki Kawa was just on the MMA Hour saying that Jones isn't a cheat and never willingly took anything etc etc.

Am I right in saying that this is exactly the same thing that Sonnen popped for himself?

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Malki Kawa was just on the MMA Hour saying that Jones isn't a cheat and never willingly took anything etc etc.

Am I right in saying that this is exactly the same thing that Sonnen popped for himself?

Sonnen popped for a blocker, no idea if it's one of the same ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That's what Rashad Evans said too.

Would make sense after his notoriously low T levels in the UFC 182 drug tests. Most likely cycling testosterone and using estrogen towards the end to mask it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How many years do you think it will be until anyone other than Brock gets more than $2.5m? Be surprised if anyone else reached that level in the next 5 years unless there is a massive bump in TV deals or maybe if Ronaldo decides he fancies a crack at MMA!

Ben Rothwell has had his say on Chael Sonnen.

NSFW

https://twitter.com/RothwellFighter/status/752581892633796608

Just back to the Chael on Rogan.

He was talking about when testing just came in and him and Wanderlei were the first two tested. He popped for esteogen blockers because the test ban was just ended and he was using the blockers to try get his body produce normal levels for itself, is his claim, take it with a grain of salt if you want.

But the interesting thing is he was talking about Wanderlei and how he (Wanderlei) never actually told his side of the story publicly.

So the tester shows up at the MGM and finds Sonnen and announces himself, brings Sonnen back to some closet at the back of the hotel and tells him to drop his pants, piss in a cup and let him take blood. Sonnen does it but the whole time feels weird as the guy never gave his name, never showed ID and was acting weird as feck.

After that dude rocks over to Wanderlei and does the same thing. Say's he's here to collect blood and urine and wants to take Wanderlei back to some closet.

Wanderlei, understandably, says "show me some ID, prove who you are and I'll do it".
    Dude protests and refuses, Wanderlei spends a long time trying to get the guy to talk to Wanderlei's lawyers and managers and confirm who he is and why he's there, produce ID etc, guy just refuses, so eventually Wanderlei says see ya, I have to go to a press conference, if you can prove who you are we can do this after the press conference. Wanderlei then leaves and does the press stuff, and thinks that is that.

Next thing it's all over the place that Wanderlei ran away from the tester and gave no explanation.

Total cowboy stuff from whoever was testing back then.

If Jones is found guilty it takes him out of the best of all time discussions instantly all them wins are tainted even if he was beating people who were juicing too potentially, Apparent Clean fighters like Bisping the Diaz's have been ****ed over for years taking beatings off cheats it would make you wonder what the landscape would be like if there was proper testing from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamebred wrote: »
    If Jones is found guilty it takes him out of the best of all time discussions instantly all them wins are tainted even if he was beating people who were juicing too potentially, Apparent Clean fighters like Bisping the Diaz's have been ****ed over for years taking beatings off cheats it would make you wonder what the landscape would be like if there was proper testing from the start.

There would be no multi fight champions anyway, since the testing came in everyone is beating everyone, ans its absolutely smashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote:

Spider is still regarded as one of, if not the greatest of all time despite the failed test..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Spider is still regarded as one of, if not the greatest of all time despite the failed test..

Yep very true. One drug cheat filling in for another and he was repeatedly referred to as the best of all time for the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Yep very true. One drug cheat filling in for another and he was repeatedly referred to as the best of all time for the fight

I noticed that. It really bothers me. It's like it never happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

It's so common that guys with getting caught nowadays that it's become the norm. The shock factor is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Dtp1979 wrote: »

DC was even at it to, in his post fight interview he made reference to fighting "The greatest of all time" or "The best of all time".......not even a hint of Silva's previous. So IF Jones ever comes back, if he is booked to fight DC, how long will it take DC to bring up Jones past? I want the shortest time on the sweep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Jones was always a physical freak, guy has overpowered everyone he's come up against, so this failed test massively taints his legacy for me. Let's remember he had tests leaked a while ago before the first DC fight where his T:E ratio was stupidly abnormal, nothing came of it though. If he's been done here you've got to assume he's been juicing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Also, Hendo's TS..so stupid, so small time. 6 losses in his last 9, just beat a welterweight, hasn't got back to back wins since 2011. But he'll sell tickets and he's Mr. America, so what the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't mean to make excuses for the guy, but if he came out and said he used them to recover faster from his broken leg then maybe his legacy wouldn't be tarnished in a lot of people's eyes

But when he claimed he popped for using sexual enhancement supplements all doubt went out the window for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lukker- wrote: »
    Would make sense after his notoriously low T levels in the UFC 182 drug tests. Most likely cycling testosterone and using estrogen towards the end to mask it.
    It was an estrogen blocker, not estrogen itself. An estrogen blocker wouldn't cause low test, nor would it mask test usage afaik. Are you thinking of epitest?

Estrogen blockers are used to stop your body converted excess test into estrogen. Prevent gyno, stuff like that. Could be avail OTC in the US, but probably stronger medical versions too.

If Nate beats Conor I'd love to see him get a shot at Alvarez's belt next.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    If Nate beats Conor I'd love to see him get a shot at Alvarez's belt next.

+1

He's currently 3rd in line at LW behind Khabib and Tony Ferg. Two high profile fights with Conor could see him being the $$$ choice verses Eddie.
    They had some words when Eddie beat Gil. Along the lines of;
    "F*ck you, stockton wut"
    "F*ck you you, you're f*ckin' next"

Sells itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What if Conor wins? Does he drive Aldo insane by not giving him his rematch, relinquishing the belt and going after Alvarez instead? I suppose the whole idea was to hold 2 belts at once, so that really requires an Aldo rematch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'd like to see him defend a belt at some point in his career, Champions need to defend belts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement