Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I want to give all shows a fair crack (3-4 episodes) before culling. I check out ratings/renewals - should give me a heads-up on what's in trouble.

Definitely keeping Timeless, Frequency, Designated Survivor, Westworld and Lethal Weapon.

On the fence about Bull, Notorious, Aftermath and No Tomorrow. I'll give them all a couple more.

I think MacGyver and Conviction are toast - I like them, so I'll see out whatever episodes are left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mr E wrote:
    I think MacGyver and Conviction are toast - I like them, so I'll see out whatever episodes are left.

I couldn't make it past the first 15 mins of MacGyver, that stupid narration drove me crazy.

I've also culled Atlanta, it was good, I just wasn't interested in any of the characters or their lives.

I've also hung onto Timeless, Designated Survivor and The Good Place. I haven't started too many because I also have a lot of returning shows to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just saw Stargate SG1 is 20 years old this year now I want to watch all 10 seasons again.

Thanks for making me feel old, AC. Nice way to start the weekend. :o

That was my first thought as well Mr E :(

I only looked on IMDB because of the MacGyver posts above to see if RDA was doing anything and noticed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just saw Stargate SG1 is 20 years old this year now I want to watch all 10 seasons again.

Nothing like a little O' Neill to the start the weekend. :pac:

With so many shows being remade at the moment it got me thinking which show I'd love to see remade.

Narrowed it down to two both Sci-Fi the first Buck Rogers in the 25th Century I think is perfect for remaking by the BSG guys.

The second is kind of being done with Dark Matters but I'd love to see a real Blake's 7 remake.

So what show's would anyone else like to see remade.

With so many shows being remade at the moment it got me thinking which show I'd love to see remade.

Narrowed it down to two both Sci-Fi the first Buck Rogers in the 25th Century I think is perfect for remaking by the BSG guys.

The second is kind of being done with Dark Matters but I'd love to see a real Blake's 7 remake.

So what show's would anyone else like to see remade.

I've always thought that the BBC should do a new TV series of Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy with David Mitchell as Arthur Dent and Robert Webb as Ford Prefect.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This is us, Atlanta, Westworld and The Good Place I think are my only picks from the new season.

Are all the TV stations closed down today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,130 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone remember a show called Wasteland from Kevin Williamson, trying to get it on dvd, anyone have it downloaded or know if it ever got a dvd release?

One of the best short films I've seen in a while.
    Those talented people at Pixar really know how to pull at the heart strings. :(

Some adult themes and content here, so probably not one for the really young.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Has every new pilot or show more or less aired now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nope, still a few to air actually.

The Great Outdoors, for one. What should be a promising sitcom with Joel McHale, Stephen Fry and Christopher Mintz-Plazz.. but it actually looks horrendous

New terrible looking Matt LeBlanc sitcom airing this week too.

Tend to use Pogdesign to keep an eye on new shows

Two sitcoms this week and 1 Drama all CBS shows.

Sitcom 1 staring Joey from friends

Man with a Plan..Starts Tonight Stateside.
    A contractor learns that parenting his three young children may be the most difficult job he's ever had. When Adam's wife goes back to work, he's overwhelmed by his new responsibilities at home, but with the encouragement of his wife and a few equally stressed-out parents, Adam regroups, lays down the law and starts figuring out his new world order.

Sitcom 2

The Great Indoors...Thursday Night Stateside
    A renowned adventure reporter, who has spent his life exploring the edges of the earth, is now taking a desk job in the digital department of the magazine. He must adapt to the times and his new world. He's struggling to grasp the lingo of online click-bait and listicles, but his real challenge is in understanding his staff of millenials who write about the great outdoors but never actually set foot outside.

Pure Genius...Thursday Night Stateside
    A young tech billionaire builds the ultimate cutting-edge hospital that treats only the most rare and insurmountable medical mysteries. Lending credibility to this new venture is a maverick surgeon who's the first to discover that his boss's mission is to get bureaucracy out of medicine, use the most forward thinkers in technology, and just save lives - including his own

The next set of new shows then start mid November.

Is Episodes finished then?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is Episodes finished then?
    Yep. They finished filming the final season (5) earlier this year, and it'll air early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Pure Genius plot sounds very like season 2 of Scream Queens.

Well done to TG4 last night for their halloween prank! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    Well done to TG4 last night for their halloween prank! :)

You can't beat Aimsir TG4... :D

• Advertisement

Who the fcuk is Vogue Williams and why the hell do RTE pay her to have a really really sh1t documentary type show?

I just turned on this RTE 2 show and wow wow she is terrible and so the programme!

Is she the daughter of someone already working at RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Brendan Grace is the least funniest man going. Creep

Who the fcuk is Vogue Williams and why the hell do RTE pay her to have a really really sh1t documentary type show?

I just turned on this RTE 2 show and wow wow she is terrible and so the programme!

Is she the daughter of someone already working at RTE?

She was in Fade Street, couldn't tell you if that was her start or if she was "someone" before that.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    She was in Fade Street, couldn't tell you if that was her start or if she was "someone" before that.

Ok I have no idea what Fade Street is so that might explain why I don't know her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I think she's great, she's even a good soccer player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think she's great, she's even a good soccer player.

Great at what though! Giving her her own series is ridiculous!
    A case of who you know and what you look like

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't she dating Bryan McFadden or someone?
    Or she could be another of these people who are just famous for being famous, as seen on any of the celeb editions of shows like Big Brother or I'm a Celeb. Or Kim Kardashian

• Registered Users Posts: 86,130 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't she dating Bryan McFadden or someone?
    Or she could be another of these people who are just famous for being famous, as seen on any of the celeb editions of shows like Big Brother or I'm a Celeb. Or Kim Kardashian

Yes she was married to Brian McFadden of Westlife and won Bear Grylls reality show

New John Lewis Christmas ad. :)
    Not as good as previous years, but still very good.

• Advertisement

SNL can be hit and miss with its comedy, but they've hit more than miss with Trump vs. Hillary (Baldwin vs. McKinnon).

They lead with this last night and it was a great (and touching) way to sum up how the week went. Superb.

Kate McKinnon is a hugely talented lady. I defy you not to get a little bit misty.

Advertisement