Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Matrioshki or Matroesjka or whatever way they spell it was brilliant. The black comedy in the grimmest of stories is really well done. Hilariously horrific. Although a fair bit of the humour hinges on understanding Flemish and specifically the working class Antwerp dialect. It's quite old as well.

Ennemi Public is supposed to be very good but I've not watched it yet. Cordon is worth a watch.
    Loved Matrioshki also. Was first introduce to it 12 years ago when I had a Belgian gf. Found it on Sky Arts last Christmas and to my delight they had made a second series since the first

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there any preference for people to find out when tv shows come back on in the States?

http://www.eonline.com/news/818892/2017-midseason-premiere-calendar-find-out-when-all-your-favorites-return-new-shows-start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Well I really enjoyed Dirk Gently on Netflix, saw the UK version and enjoyed that, but this was better I thought. Not really much to do with the book but still liked it.

Oh and Bart Curlish and Ken deserve a show of their own. They're fantastic and were the best bit in it I thought.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I absolutely loved this.

Mark Hamill reads Donald Trump's New Years message in the style of the Joker (and it really really fits well!)

Original

More please, Mark Hamill. :)

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/817901534948179968

• Registered Users Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭naughto

Mr E wrote: »
    I absolutely loved this.

Mark Hamill reads Donald Trump's New Years message in the style of the Joker (and it really really fits well!)

Original

More please, Mark Hamill. :)

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/817901534948179968

It's very well done. Anyone watching taboo on BBC with Tom hardy

Started watching Insecure. I like it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

naughto wrote:
    Anyone watching taboo on BBC with Tom hardy

Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Don't usually have access to BBC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭naughto

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Don't usually have access to BBC though.

Who needs BBC when u have the internet

• Advertisement

Well, did yiz get your U2 tickets today? I know there's a small music following on this TV forum (BBC4 thread people) so wondering if there was any interest for this concert.

I saw them at the original 1987 concert. I managed to book 2 X 39 euro tickets but i let them go, simply because they were up in the gods- I would have been miles away- don't think I'll regret it as it would annoy me if my seats were bad on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's essentially the same as the sizzle reel they released in September, but this one has iZombie, The 100 and other mid-season shows... I love these CW promos - they're really slick...

I've completely run out of comedies for the first time in ages. Any recommendations for less known stuff that might be on Netflix?

"Easy". Worth a watch.

Just stumbled upon a blurb for a new film called the little hours. It has possibly the best cast list I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've completely run out of comedies for the first time in ages. Any recommendations for less known stuff that might be on Netflix?

Santa Clarita Diet starts next Friday on Netflix, which looks great...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mary Tyler Moore has died - RIP

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mary Tyler Moore has died - RIP

RIP

I was very young when her show was shown on RTE TV. I must look on youtube for some of her shows because I don't think I've seen her shows in over 30 years

RIP

Santa Clarita Diet starts next Friday on Netflix, which looks great...

I was just reading about that earlier. I found Scrotal Attraction/Lovesick which I'd never heard of before and am really enjoying it.

Easy turned out to be a bit crap after all, I wouldn't recommend it.

Dunno if they're on Netflix, but 2 underrated comedies that finished before their time were Pushing Daisies and The Middleman

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I was just reading about that earlier. I found Scrotal Attraction/Lovesick which I'd never heard of before and am really enjoying it.
    I'm going by Scrotal Attraction.. far better name than the audience friendly Lovesick. It's a great show actually!

FYI - the lad who plays Dylan (the male lead) is a proper talented lad!

• Advertisement

Scrotal Recall actually, my mistake. Better name by far.
    Dylan looks uncomfortably like Boris Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Scrotal Recall actually, my mistake. Better name by far.

Much better name. Same goes for Apocalypse Slough, renamed to the bland 'You, Me and the Apocalypse'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

Mike Connors has died from leukemia at the age of 91.

Just watched the latest episode of Teen wolf and have to ask, is there any song that's used in tv shows more these days than Kaleo's "Way Down We Go"? Seems to have been in most shows I watch, as well as trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

At one stage, Fade Into You was everywhere.

Watch the video here: http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/overused-song-mazzy-star-fade-into-you.html

Not so much now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Danger 5. Australian parody of 80's action shows, but they fight Hitler......just watch it I can't describe it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

I used to watch Death in Paradise (BBC1 Thur 9pm) but gave up after the third season as I thought it became a bit monotonous.

It now on the sixth series (up to episode 5 of 8) and the gang have left the comfort of their Caribbean island and travelled to London for a two-part story.

I didn't watch the first part last night but I'm going to watch the rest of this series because Ardal O'Hanlon is taking over from Kris Marshall as the lead and I'm interested to see how he does in the role.

His characters name is DI Jack Mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The new new Top Gear promo.

Just discovered Flowers with Olivia Colman.
    Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you have Facebook, you can't have missed this today - it seems every news outlet and site have been posting it (and praising it).
    For those who haven't seen it yet, one of Saturday Night Live's best sketches in a while (even outshining Baldwin's Trump).

I'd love to know where/how Melissa McCarthy became involved in this because she NAILED IT.
    If you don't know who Sean Spicer is, look him up on YouTube for reference. :)

#mooselambs

Advertisement