Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

How to make you feel old on the 10th of March Buffy will be 20 years old.

17021371_1378467832225617_3495599618895392383_n.jpg?oh=e0f70dcd734d9e6c153f575042514956&oe=5931FE16

Might just be a good time to rewatch.

Was thinking the exact same thing myself... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You make it sound like there's a bad time

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just watched the pilot episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and I once again fell totally in love with Erin Gray I think she might have been my first crush it was between her and Lynda Carter.

On a side note man Buck Rodgers is still fun 35+ years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On BBC News this morning. I'll let the video speak for itself. :)

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/840165524038377472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mr E wrote: »
    On BBC News this morning. I'll let the video speak for itself. :)

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/840165524038377472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It's very funny, it's spread like wildfire already.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's why Lethal Weapon on ITV sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Son

Star Pierce Brosnan is the least interesting thing about AMC's adaptation of Philipp Meyer's acclaimed novel, premiering at SXSW before airing in April.

Source

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"white chicks" showing on comedy central, well there's a shocker. It's like their version of the Angelus at this stage, more laughs during the angelus though.

Ah, the Honest Trailer we've all been waiting for...

• Advertisement

I did wonder what happened the movie costumes when the tv series started back.

Was just saying today that I'll be kinda disappointed if they don't do all the big gestures when talking in the new movie. Maybe they will explain how they know how to do everything without being told.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It speaks volumes that my local cinema have a few evening shows of Power Rangers next week. I think a lot of adults who grew up on it will go and check it out...

I still watch occasionally on Saturday and Sunday mornings while eating breakfast and it's on Kix or somewhere. Decided ages ago to watch the opening and closing episodes of each season and wonder where the other 3 or 4 rangers came from for the finale.
    I plan on seeing this film anyway

Just looking at the cancelled, renewed thread, talking about laugh tracks on TV shows. Now, am I going cracked, or has anyone ever seen M*A*S*H without the laugh track. I'd swear I used to watch it donkeys years ago and it never had a laugh track, any times I've seen it more recently has horrendous canned laughter.

I also thought I'd seen Frasier without laugh track but not as convinced about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I also thought I'd seen Frasier without laugh track but not as convinced about that one.

You can always tell a show will have a laugh track by the staging. Shows like MASH and Frasier all use open sets and you never really see them from different angles ie the wall opposite the fireplace in Frasier's apartment (as opposed to shows like Scrubs and Community). I'd imagine these shows would be very weird without a laugh track. I don't know, maybe they did release versions without but I feel like it would be very strange.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    You can always tell a show will have a laugh track by the staging. Shows like MASH and Frasier all use open sets and you never really see them from different angles ie the wall opposite the fireplace in Frasier's apartment (as opposed to shows like Scrubs and Community). I'd imagine these shows would be very weird without a laugh track. I don't know, maybe they did release versions without but I feel like it would be very strange.

Well MASH was a comedy but more dramatic, had some poignant and touching scenes, so maybe a bit more likely (clutching at straws).

Mr E wrote: »
    It speaks volumes that my local cinema have a few evening shows of Power Rangers next week. I think a lot of adults who grew up on it will go and check it out...

Well I'll be going to see it anyway, even if all the reviews say its absolute sh**e. There wasn't a lot of love for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows last year and it ended up being one of my more enjoyable trips to the cinema... BAAM! Right in the Childhood!
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I still watch occasionally on Saturday and Sunday mornings while eating breakfast and it's on Kix or somewhere. Decided ages ago to watch the opening and closing episodes of each season and wonder where the other 3 or 4 rangers came from for the finale.
    I plan on seeing this film anyway

I've thrown the odd episode on on Netflix (every single Power Rangers series is on there btw) from time to time - they're really awful, but I can't help enjoying them at the same time.

Think the only one i hunted down online recently was the Super Megaforce that brought back all the rangers of old. Though one with all these crossovers, they never explain how the older rangers have power since each season tended to end with them losing their power forever

I'll just leave this right here for the day that's in it... :D

I remember when Marshall chose to observe Daylight savings in Eerie, Indiana despite the rest of the Town not doing it. Things didn't turn out well for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought this might be a bit off the point for the ratings thread.

Tim Goodman on peak TV, consumption patterns and subscriptions, etc. Glad I don't have some of those costs, wtf?

Link

These photos should be interesting. Think Xander will look to have aged the most https://twitter.com/EW/status/847071106754338817?s=09

These photos should be interesting. Think Xander will look to have aged the most

He's looking pretty good in this actually. Met him at Dublin Comic Con just over a year and a half ago and he was looking a lot more disheveled and world weary then than he does in this piece. They're all looking great.

Must take a look when I get home. Anthony was doing a play in London so couldn't be there. Surprised Emma took part since last I heard she had a falling out with the show or left on bad terms or something.
    Didn't Nicholas Brendon have drink problems? I remember he looked different on Criminal Minds

Didn't Nicholas Brendon have drink problems? I remember he looked different on Criminal Minds

Yeah, he did. He also got arrested last year, but then went into Rehab for a few months and by the looks of things has turned things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder Sarah ever regret pulling the plug on the show.

Watched the video. Yeah they all look good. Oddly the one that looks different is Dawn, but that's the black hair and all I suppose. Nicholas does look to have aged the most, I think
    Charisma looks good as usual. But sure she also had that Fifty Shades cash in movie that was eye opening. :pac:

Charisma looks good as usual. But sure she also had that Fifty Shades cash in movie that was eye opening. :pac:

Wait... What's this now? Have I missed an important cinematic experience?

Apparently it even has a plot. Called "Bound". Made by The Asylum
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145324/

• Advertisement

Apparently it even has a plot. Called "Bound". Made by The Asylum
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145324/

That sounds delightfully awful and it's on Netflix, so I'm definitely going to watch that at some point over the next few days. :D

Advertisement