Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

anyone watched The Son?

Is that the Pierce Brosnan thing? Read a mixed review in the Hollywood Reporter some weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On The Son I have watched the first 4 episodes so far and I am enjoying it. It's been renewed for a second season.

Watching Lucifer at the moment and it got me thinking it's common on tv shows to have a special consultant with no legal background for plot reasons.

But how many law enforcement agencies really use special consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

After 26 years off air, BBC Two are to revive Vic Reeves Big Night Out for a One Off Show

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/36536/vic_and_bob_bring_back_big_night_out

They wouldn't let it lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Trailers for the new CW shows have landed...

Valor looks very out of place - it's so far off The CW brand that I can't see it lasting.

I can kinda see Dynasty working as its being paired with Riverdale, but it's not a reboot anyone was looking for and doesn't really bring anything new to the table, so I don't think it's going to do as well as The CW thinks it will.

Life Sentence has that quirkiness of Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and it's one I'm looking forward to based on the First Look Trailer.

Black Lightning looks class and is very much On Brand for the Network. It should do as well as the other DC shows already on The CW.

The 2017-2018 CW Promo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dynasty? Surely not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of those, I think Black Lightning would be the only one I'd be interested in. But I need less shows, not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

anyone watched The Son?

Have three so watched it's good

Is the 100 worth watching?

naughto wrote: »
    Is the 100 worth watching?

Yes, very much so. First few episodes are a bit 'meh' and a tad too 'teen drama' because they weren't really sure where they were headed with the show, but once they find their footing about halfway through Season 1 it's fantastic...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Why are you posting a Netflix Japan tweet?

• Advertisement

Did Twin peaks air 2 x 1 hours or 2 x 2 hours this week?

Did Twin peaks air 2 x 1 hours or 2 x 2 hours this week?

Showtime showed episode 1 & 2 on there main channel and then they showed episodes 3 & 4 on their streaming site straight after.

I'm guess this is to try and get people and cord cutters to sign up for the streaming site.

I think Sky are doing the same over here as well episodes 1 & 2 on Sky Atlantic and episodes 3 & 4 will be available on Now TV.

Showtime showed episode 1 & 2 on there main channel and then they showed episodes 3 & 4 on their streaming site straight after.

I'm guess this is to try and get people and cord cutters to sign up for the streaming site.

I think Sky are doing the same over here as well episodes 1 & 2 on Sky Atlantic and episodes 3 & 4 will be available on Now TV.

So that's 4 hours worth to catch up on before I can safely read anything on line?

So that's 4 hours worth to catch up on before I can safely read anything on line?

4 totally bonkers hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I guess this is a good a place as any to ask:

As someone who was only born when Twin Peaks first aired, is it worth watching now? Does it hold up 25 years later? Or would I be better off letting this ship sail on without me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well series 1 was just brilliant, but then nothing like it had been seen before really, now that kind of oblique mood driven psychodrama is 10 a penny so the impact will be far less for you watching now but I would'nt let that put you off. Series 2 did go a bit off the rails alas and it got cancelled though it did run it's length (however the later episodes were a mess).

Watch series 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

John Noakes is dead at 83 - hardly seems possible that life would finally get him so often did he defy the odds on Blue Peter. He's the one that made him immortal (on the small screen).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So watching American Gods, I was wondering what other series/films are there with a straight man in weird situations? Like Shadow is a relatively normal in what's going on. I know there are others but I can't remember

John Noakes and Shep were a huge part of my childhood RIP.

John-Noakes.jpg

Sharknado 5: Global Swarming is coming Sunday, Aug. 6 on SyFy in the States.Sharknado-5-700x300.jpg

the celebrity cameos, prepare to be both underwhelmed and freakin' excited, because it's wild! Fabio will play THE POPE, pro skater Tony Hawk will play a "masterful weapons operative strategist" which sounds like four words strung together that sound cool, former American Idol crooner Clay Aiken will play a tech genius, Olivia Newton-John and daughter Chloe Lattanzi will play scientists, Charo will play The Queen of England and Chris Kattan will play the Prime Minister of England. Yes, those last two were early rejects from this season's of Dancing with the Stars. (No role for Nick Viall?)
    Also appearing will be Bret Michaels, Margaret Cho, Gilbert Gottfried, Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford, Hoda Kotb, Greg Louganis, Tom Daley, Gus Kenworthy, Porsha Williams, Tiffany "New York" Pollard, Cat Greenleaf, Dan Fogler and Ross Mullan. Syfy's press release threatens that there will be "many more" as well.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/sharknado-5-premiere-date-guest-stars/

• Advertisement

Summer Glau will be appearing all weekend at the MCM Ireland Comic Con in the 1st weekend of July :D:D

Manu Bennett and Sam J Jones (Flash Gordon) will also be appearing all weekend.

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/ireland/attractions/special-guests/

Did anyone finish NYPD Blue? It was one of those zeitgeist shows for a while, then I think fell into 11pm slots. Never saw past the first 2-3 seasons.

Never got the love NYPD Blue I have to say it paled in comparison to Hill Street or Homicide for me I be the same never really got past the first two seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Adam West (TVs best Batman) has passed away after a short battle with leukemia. :(

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam-west-dead-dies-batman-1202461532/

Rest In Peace Batman...

Alias is the latest show to be talked about making a comeback.

Ugh, that went to absolute dung in season three.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lots of my virgin media analogue channels are distorted & unwatchable, BBC1/2, discovery & TG4 were working, maybe some more.

I wonder how long they plan to continue broadcasting them -I also wonder if they have any idea how many people use them, its the main reason I stick with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

rubadub wrote: »
    lots of my virgin media analogue channels are distorted & unwatchable, BBC1/2, discovery & TG4 were working, maybe some more.

I wonder how long they plan to continue broadcasting them -I also wonder if they have any idea how many people use them, its the main reason I stick with them.

Ah, good to know it's not just me. Noticed a good few channels not working properly this morning. Thought it was due to next door getting sky installed yesterday and messing with cables somehow

Advertisement