Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe I'm stupid or maybe they are the idiots - why would anyone store such valuable material online? Stick it on a stick and wait until you need to distribute it - and do that in a jiffy bag by car!

For their streaming services can't keep digital copies in a shoe box ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For their streaming services can't keep digital copies in a shoe box ;)
    You could leave it off a potentially hackable (albeit difficult) networked server until after airing at the least.

At least the OITNB leak earlier this year was not Netflix's fault as it was in a recording studio for additional editing and ADR.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

HBO servers have been hacked episodes of shows including GoT's expected to be leaked.

What was it last year, with the first 4 episodes? A critic accidentally left them somewhere, or loaned them to a friend and they ended up online? That time it seemed that someone was being blamed, if not identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr E wrote: »
    Sharknado 5 looks glorious. :)

Meant to say about this. It was nice of them to air it on the bank holiday Sunday so we have something to watch with our brains off on our day off.

HBO haven't been having the best time of it lately the next GoT's episode has leaked but it's not connected to the hack.
    This Sunday’s episode of “Game of Thrones” has been stolen and posted on the internet — but the leak isn’t related to the massive hack of HBO’s systems disclosed earlier this week.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-episode-leak-online-hbo-hack-1202515776/

• Advertisement

Shonda Rhimes cuts ties with ABC and brings her production company to Netflix.

Grey's Anatomy, Scandal & How to Get Away with Murder will stay on ABC in the US and more than likely they will be Netflix shows worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Shonda Rhimes cuts ties with ABC and brings her production company to Netflix.

Grey's Anatomy, Scandal & How to Get Away with Murder will stay on ABC in the US and more than likely they will be Netflix shows worldwide.

No, this has nothing to do with her existing shows. It only means new shows she creates will be for Netflix.

David Letterman is returning to a tv screen near you soon on Netflix.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/arts/television/david-letterman-netflix-new-series.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good few shows shoot Riverview hospital in Vancouver. Imagine being a new member of the crew, booking it and getting the scheduling wrong. You'd probably be on the chopping block fairly sharp ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Aw man, really struggling through season 2 of Twin Peaks. Just over halfway now. Wondering if it's that the show is dated or just absolutely bonkers and if it's worth sticking with for the recently released season 3? In all honesty I'll probably grin and bear it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Then you need to watch the Fire Walk With Me movie. It's referenced a lot.
    Season 2 did drag. Too many side stories I didn't care about. Very soapish, especially with things like that whole James storyline. They seemed to just be treading water until Lynch came back to it

On another note, I posted elsewhere but figured it belongs in here

Steve Coogan has reached a deal with the BBC to bring back Alan Partridge for the 25th anniversary special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

[ahaaaa here]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Then you need to watch the Fire Walk With Me movie. It's referenced a lot.
    Season 2 did drag. Too many side stories I didn't care about. Very soapish, especially with things like that whole James storyline. They seemed to just be treading water until Lynch came back to it

That's right, I nearly forgot about the movie. I'll make sure to watch that before the new season but might watch a different show in between

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Currently watching snowfall
    And Mercedes with Brendan Gleason

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6439752/

Channel 4 have been live streaming Father! all weekend on their Youtube channel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Remember seeing that scene on first airing and absolutely losing it.. never saw Matt Berry in anything really before it.

Needless to say, I'm now a fan!

Just started watching Max Headroom after stumbling across it on CW Seed a complete blast from the past in a good way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anybody watching Quacks? It's not bad so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Aertel is back on RTE1&2 on virgin's analogue feed, for me in south dublin anyway.

Commercial for moneysupermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Has anybody ever seen the knobheads in the audience at Last Night Of The Proms...??

Listened to a Vox interview with Kellie Martin in the car this morning. Didn't recognise her voice at first. Having had a crush on her ER character is not in any way related to this post. Ahem. She lost her sister a week before she took the gig.

Link

I've never forgiven Carter for *killing Lucy!

*Getting her killed

They did the student doctor/mentor thing pretty well on that show.

ER is a show I'd love to revisit.

Hopefully one of the Amazon or Netflix pick it up one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Claire Byrne Live - isn't it sad how most over-reactive feminists are so often fat in the face or a bit messed up in some other way. It's as though were rejected by men for being unattractive and that's why they rail against them now. Don't tell me you haven't noticed this. It's like this is their excuse and this is where they direct their anger.

• Advertisement

Wow :eek:

Advertisement