Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Wow :eek:

Where's that Castle gif when you need it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Sure, I'm the bad guy, everyone look appalled at the bad guy. Ignore the elephant in the room every time. I'm not saying they don't have a point here, I actually agree with them in principle. I just wonder if it's an overreaction again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Claire races through the questions. The person being interviewed has barely got to the end of their sentence when she's cutting in and on to the next question.
    Slow down let ya Claire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rutgar Hauer in British sitcom about a man mistaken for a hospital porter - coming very soon on Dave! Also with guest Kelsey Grammer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched Sharknado 5. Normally they're so bad, they're good. This one was just plain bad though. Trying too hard.

Interesting (/awful) setup for number 6, though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Rutgar Hauer in British sitcom about a man mistaken for a hospital porter - coming very soon on Dave! Also with guest Kelsey Grammer

I quite like the look of that, made me smile anyway, hard to tell where a series would go from that but I'll give it a whirl.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

This is very disturbing material on RTE one now, about the Birmingham Six... talking about continual nightmares, paranoia and one of them saying he was actually happier in some ways in prison.

I've been following Aint it Cool News for a long time now, and I see that Quint and Capone have quit the site over the weekend over allegations that Harry was involved in a sexual assault 17 years ago.

There must be something to it if those guys have quit.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/aint-it-cool-news-quint-capone-quit-harry-knowles-allegations-1201879981/

I wonder if that's the beginning of the end for AICN?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah, haven't been a regular follower of AICN but Capone and Quint would definitely be two of the more reputable writers on the site.

Knowles is a hack though.. his reviews are just swayed depending on how much attention and or "benefits" he gets from movie companies.

No harm to see the back of it!

Gotta love some mean tweets. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Especially when they a true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Prisoner one of the greatest tv shows of all time is 50 today so that's a good enough reason to rewatach it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

I started watching Hemlock Grove during the week.

I'm three episodes and I'm confused as whether the show is muck or if I'm missing, like it is meant to be ironic or something.

I recall Eli Roth saying he was going to mess up a whole generation of teenagers with this show, but unless he meant that people would turn to drugs or booze as an alternative to watching, I can't imagine what he meant.

The acting is woeful, the dialogue is cheesy and the character make no sense.

Dougray Scott's daughter claims immaculate conception and he gets a bit sombre and not much else. Several people comment that Peter the gypsy is particularly hairy so therefore a werewolf, except that he isn't hairy at all. And why exactly does he and his mother allow Roman to witness his transformation*?

* Which was very well done but disappointing that the creature is simply a big dog, which is a very boring version of a werewolf. I prefer the wolf-man version like in Being Human and Penny Dreadful.
    I've been following Aint it Cool News for a long time now, and I see that Quint and Capone have quit the site over the weekend over allegations that Harry was involved in a sexual assault 17 years ago.

There must be something to it if those guys have quit.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/aint-it-cool-news-quint-capone-quit-harry-knowles-allegations-1201879981/

I wonder if that's the beginning of the end for AICN?

Could just as easily be those two guys trying save their own reputations though.

People can be afraid of mud sticking to them whether they think a guy is guilty or not.

I enjoyed Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling on Graham Norton over the weekend. However this interview is funnier. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Trump making twitter threats to strip NBC of it's public broadcast licence because of "Fake News"

If that happened the US would one very close step to a dictatorship.

Yeah he is becoming more unhinged every day.

The Flight of the Conchord threads were way too old to bump, so I didn't (was it really 2009?) :)

They've announced a UK and Ireland tour and will be playing in Dublin next March 25th in the 3Arena.

http://www.flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The Flight of the Conchord threads were way too old to bump, so I didn't (was it really 2009?) :)

They've announced a UK and Ireland tour and will be playing in Dublin next March 25th in the 3Arena.

Was about to bump it myself until realised how long ago it was!

I hope I get tickets for it. Been waiting way to long to see them live, missed them last time and thought the next one wont be too far off!

How wrong was I!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does anybody know what actor was providing the voice for the whistleblower in tonights Prime Time about the problems with search and rescue service?

I was more focused on the story itself when the programme was on but now it is bugging me because the voice is familiar.

The cast of Sabrina the Teenage reunion Hilda & Zelda look like they haven't aged a day.

I wonder will any of the cast get roles in the Riverdale reboot.

Sabrina-the-Teenage-Witch-cast-reunited-at-Comic-Con-Oct-2017.jpg

Talk that Lord of The Rings is coming to the small screen.

Sigh.

$250m just for the rights before any filming has even started.

No production company would be that stupid would they?

Reminder: Tickets are on sale now. March 25th is sold out, but they've added an extra date (Monday April 2nd) and tickets are still available.

https://www.metropolismusic.com/artists/flight-of-the-conchords/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

$250m just for the rights before any filming has even started.

No production company would be that stupid would they?

And not even the rights to all the characters even, who's selling these rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Talk that Lord of The Rings is coming to the small screen.

Sigh.

"Sigh"? An old WTF would seem more appropriate. :P

Seems like a batty notion - not because Lord of the Rings is too precious ;) for TV or anything but because those films are still crazy popular and there isn't much in what Jackson left that seems worth telling for that kind of money and the risk involved.

Is it possible that the project in question is not a Lord of the Rings TV series but a MiddleEarth TV series?

That would be a project that made more sense than remaking the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I notice on shows that air weekly on netflix here like Riverdale include netflix in their opening production credits. Do they partially fund the series? Or do they do that for all series they show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I notice on shows that air weekly on netflix here like Riverdale include netflix in their opening production credits. Do they partially fund the series? Or do they do that for all series they show?
    Yeah, they do it on anything that's a Netflix exclusive anyways.

Advertisement