Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    It's very poor.. directed by Michel Gondry.. I expected a bit more than a 'Where The Wild Things Are' clone.

Plus Elbow covering The Beatles? Ick!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BBC pulls Agatha Christie drama from Christmas schedule after star accused of rape
    THE BBC ANNOUNCED today that it was pulling an Agatha Christie drama from its Christmas schedule after rape allegations were made against one of its stars, British actor Ed Westwick.
    “These are serious allegations which Ed Westwick has strenuously denied,” a BBC spokesman said.

http://www.thejournal.ie/agatha-christie-christmas-3691423-Nov2017/

Debenhams Christmas TV advert 2017

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched 3.01 of Line of Duty last night.

What
    The
    F**k
    ?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Haven't watched anything involving Terry O'Quinn in years.

Last saw him in The Backlist Redemption.

He is in the upcoming Castle Rock on Hulu which I will be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Hi, I can't find the Netflix thread anywhere?

I'd like to try out the free trial on Netflix, but to get the most out of it, what date should i start when all the good stuff is coming on?

Is Bill Murray continuing his xmas show?

I've come across this link on recommendations, cant see anything on netflix site.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hi, I can't find the Netflix thread anywhere?

I'd like to try out the free trial on Netflix, but to get the most out of it, what date should i start when all the good stuff is coming on?

Is Bill Murray continuing his xmas show?

I've come across this link on recommendations, cant see anything on netflix site.

Thanks.
    Netflix are always adding decent new content, so I'd find it hard to recommend one month versus the next unless there's something specific you're waiting for.

Can't find any mention of a sequel to the Bill Murray special.. so I'd say that's a no-go.

Basq wrote: »
    Netflix are always adding decent new content, so I'd find it hard to recommend one month versus the next unless there's something specific you're waiting for.

Can't find any mention of a sequel to the Bill Murray special.. so I'd say that's a no-go.

Where do Netflix advertise, as i normally catch it on various sites.

Btw Wasn't there an online thread here for Netflix shows?

• Advertisement

There was an Online TV forum that was merged with the main TV forum about 3 months ago.

Mr E wrote: »
    There was an Online TV forum that was merged with the main TV forum about 3 months ago.

Thanks, i was wondering where it went, as i seen it a while ago when Daredevil/JJones came out!

So each Netflix show has their own thread like the TV forum.

I've heard good things on the Travelers tv show & from the same network as Continuum

But if this is the thread to post this:

I see RadioTimes have advertised the best movies and TV shows coming soon on Netflix this christmas

Including Dark & it's being compared to Stranger Things, would that be right?

Also i see that Elf is not on Skymovies this Christmas,
    But here's a link on Radiotimes to tell you where to find it

https://twitter.com/SkyCinemaUK/status/805687855087493120

If Disney do end up buying Fox in the coming weeks The Simpsons & Family Guy would become Disney owned.

It would be interesting to see how Disney deal with those two cartoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with Psych coming back with a standalone movie (and maybe more at some point) it got me wondering what other finished series would be cool to see one off episodes/movies? I don't mean like Firefly or Deadwood to wrap things up. Just like Psych.
    I wouldn't say no to more Eureka. Their Christmas Specials were usually fun.
    Or even another Timothy Omundson show in Galavant

I wouldn't mind a revisit to A Town Called Eureka & Warehouse 13 a nice tv movie crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

CastorTroy wrote:
    So with Psych coming back with a standalone movie (and maybe more at some point) it got me wondering what other finished series would be cool to see one off episodes/movies? I don't mean like Firefly or Deadwood to wrap things up. Just like Psych. I wouldn't say no to more Eureka. Their Christmas Specials were usually fun. Or even another Timothy Omundson show in Galavant

Obvious answer but someone's got to say it; Community.

On a more serious note, I'd love some sort of Misfits reunion with the original cast. But only if Howard Overman came back to write. Also in a few years I'd like if they did a Fresh Meat reunion, maybe something along the lines of Peter's Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just watching "Pop Goes Northern Ireland" on BBC 2, says S03 E05 but it is new to me. An utterly blatant rip off of "reeling in the years", I thought it was it except it was more UK politics, has decent long snippets of the popular (and fairly decent) music of the day in the background, and subtitles.

Which is no bad thing, much rather it than horrible intrusive narration, which I only cop on now fully defines it. I wondered if it copied some other format itself but seems not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeling_In_the_Years#Foreign_versions
    Foreign versions[edit]
    In England BBC did a similar series called "I Love" series in or around the same times looking back at the hits.

The Spanish version of Reeling in the Years (Los Adel No-Do) began airing in 2013 and is produced by the Spanish state-controlled television and radio broadcaster RTVE.[46] The word "No-Do" is a shortened name for Noticiarios y Documentales (News and Documentaries). Following the same format of Reeling in the Years, Los Adel No-Do encompasses the years from 1943 to 1981. It has been associated containing propaganda to support the Spanish Dictator Franco who ruled Spain from 1936 to 1975.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

rubadub wrote: »
    Just watching "Pop Goes Northern Ireland" on BBC 2, says S03 E05 but it is new to me. An utterly blatant rip off of "reeling in the years", I thought it was it except it was more UK politics, has decent long snippets of the popular (and fairly decent) music of the day in the background, and subtitles.

Which is no bad thing, much rather it than horrible intrusive narration, which I only cop on now fully defines it. I wondered if it copied some other format itself but seems not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeling_In_the_Years#Foreign_versions

BBC did the Rock n Roll years way before Reeling in the years. Same idea of songs of the day with current affairs on screen.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Good promo trailer for HBO shows in 2018 (including lots of new shows)

I'd also like to see the Leverage team back in action for one last con.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Anyone see Bancroft on itv ?
    Pure rubbish !!
    Stupid plot, terrible acting.
    I still watched the 4 episodes though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That ITV rushed this on to the screen as a filler (intended drama about Hatton Gardens heist had to be pulled possibly for legal reason) told me not to bother! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Any decent "christmas specials" coming up to watch out for?

Tomorrrows sunday world (2.50euro) has a 2 week tv guide and also has a 10euro off a 50euro spend in dunnes, which can be used in tesco. Well worth getting as there are fantastic drink deals in dunnes & tesco at the moment.

25354039_10156110632291600_3617534418871464397_n.jpg?oh=e386f633a75524f14f071d73a53b3ae6&oe=5AC28EC2

Free toilet paper in an emergency too. Looks like money well spent. :)

Too much tv to catch up over Christmas and not enough time to catch up on everything ahhhhhhh Bah HumBug!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So anyone else here willing to admit to watching shows on the kids channels and not using kids as an excuse to be watching?
    Personally I watch the Power Rangers shows if they're on while having breakfast when I can't be botherd putting anything else on. Also like Miraculous: Adventures of Ladybug and Cat Noir. Fun series. Then watch DuckTales and Tangled.
    Currently slowly making my way through Mysterious Cities of Gold for the first time since watching as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So anyone else here willing to admit to watching shows on the kids channels and not using kids as an excuse to be watching?
    Personally I watch the Power Rangers shows if they're on while having breakfast when I can't be botherd putting anything else on. Also like Miraculous: Adventures of Ladybug and Cat Noir. Fun series. Then watch DuckTales and Tangled.
    Currently slowly making my way through Mysterious Cities of Gold for the first time since watching as a kid.

Ah yeah, on occasion I'd throw on old episodes of Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes (I think it's Boomerang that show them) - I'd gladly watch repeats of stuff from my own childhood if I notice they're on. As for current stuff, I think Adventure Time and Steven Universe are really clever, although I don't follow them, but I've seen a fair amount of both. Haven't seen much of it, but Gravity Falls is another newer one that is very good.

I am catching up with a load of shows from the late 90's just finished the first season of First Wave I only caught some of it when it was out.

Happy New Year, TV addicts. :):)

• Advertisement

ER is a show I'd love to revisit.

Hopefully one of the Amazon or Netflix pick it up one day.

It'll be on Hulu. http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/er-streaming-hulu-deal-330-episodes-1202664169/

Advertisement