Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

We can't get Hulu over here, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There goes my next few months I'll start tonight putting the pilot on now 😊

Added to my Hulu watchlist just watched the pilot and 329 episodes to go I don’t think I have seen any of these since they first aired and back Hen.

Man they are all so young but what a great cast of actors they were.

I've watched the first 5/6 episodes of ER on Hulu wow I have forgotten how great it was from the start and it hasn't dated one bit the only way you know know it's nearly 25 years old is the cast look so young.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Beavers like sandwiches. :D Also, deer. :D

• Advertisement

It was all the craze for a while on US TV doing live episodes and doing them twice for the different time zones.

I wonder is there any show on US tv now that would be able to pull it off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It was all the craze for a while on US TV doing live episodes and doing them twice for the different time zones.

I wonder is there any show on US tv now that would be able to pull it off now.

Undateable did their whole 3rd season (13 episodes - 2 performances for each timezone) live on NBC only the year before last. That show was hugely underrated - I thought the live aspect for Season 3 really worked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've decided to drop a load of shows i watch like Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, Supernatural, Riverdale and XFiles. May play catch up when the seasons end. Will keep on the more enjoyable shows like Librarians, Lethal Weapon, Lucifer as well as SHIELD and Discovery.

I'm done with most of the CW shows now myself.

Supernatural is probably the only one I'm sticking with.

I'll probably watch iZombie and Legends of Tomorrow when they come back since they're fun shows. I may pass on The 100 this time and The Walking Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Actually, it's funny ye should say that. I've dropped the CW superhero shows myself since September. Don't have the time to keep up with something that didn't seem to be paying any dividends.

Even Supernatural, my favourite show, fell by the wayside until this week and I'm thoroughly enjoying my binge through the season. I feel guilty that I'd neglected it, but I'll be up to date by the end of the weekend I'd imagine.

It's not hard to spot the guy who only got Netflix in October :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

iZombie and The 100 are decent CW shows, but their superhero stable is beginning to feel awfully stale and rote. Well, tbh I only watch The Flash and Supergirl but I've the others a try and just can't get past the executions. At least Supergirl isn't strictly in the same universe and can mostly do its own thing, the rest are swirling around the drain.

I've noticed a lot more worthwhile stuff on Netflix of late though; I was ready to drop my subscription about a year ago but recently their own stable has got markedly better, including some canny partnerships with network channels (CW as it happens)

Meant Librarians when I had Lucifer a second time.

I think I'll get through finished series i haven't seen. Like I stopped halfway through season 3 of West Wing. And just finished Rome for the first time

Whatever happened to Nick Berry he was one of the biggest stars on British tv for most of the 90's and then nothing really for the last decade and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

Whatever happened to Nick Berry he was one of the biggest stars on British tv for most of the 90's and then nothing really for the last decade and a half.

Nick Berry has retired from acting and runs his own production company called Valentine Productions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

brian_t wrote: »
    Nick Berry has retired from acting and runs his own production company called Valentine Productions.

Every loser wins.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What did you learn from playing Walter White?
    I learned to make crystal methamphetamine...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A very subjective list, but a good read.
    There are some shows named here that weren't on my radar at all (and now they are!) :)

The Best TV Shows on Each Network, Right Now

Whatever happened to the proposed US remake of Love/Hate if I remember right Dennis Lehane was on board to write/produce it?

Interesting news I just came across on Facebook.

They're doing a big budget version of V as a movie trilogy for the cinema, written and directed by the original creator Kenneth Johnson.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/v-the-movie-coming-from-original-star-trek-studio

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    A very subjective list, but a good read.
    There are some shows named here that weren't on my radar at all (and now they are!) :)

The Best TV Shows on Each Network, Right Now

Good to see Fresh Off The Boat finally getting a bit of recognition from somewhere - vastly underrated.

Mr E wrote: »
    Interesting news I just came across on Facebook.

They're doing a big budget version of V as a movie trilogy for the cinema, written and directed by the original creator Kenneth Johnson.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/v-the-movie-coming-from-original-star-trek-studio

Can't remember but was he involved in the remake?

In 2009? Yes, looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The CW is expanding to Sunday nights adding another two hours to their prime time schedule.

The CW is expanding to Sunday nights adding another two hours to their prime time schedule.

That's great news - means shows like iZombie, The 100, and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are more likely to be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That's great news - means shows like iZombie, The 100, and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are more likely to be renewed.

They also have nine pilots for next season

Was tempted to dig up an old Reaper thread for this, but if you're a fan of that show, 2 of the main characters are going to be in this week's episode of Kevin (Probably) Saves the World.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/20/kevin-probably-saves-the-world-reaper-reunion-clip/

I have never seen the Kevin series but I didn't know it was from the guys who did Reaper so could be tempted. Anyone here watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was tempted to dig up an old Reaper thread for this, but if you're a fan of that show, 2 of the main characters are going to be in this week's episode of Kevin (Probably) Saves the World.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/20/kevin-probably-saves-the-world-reaper-reunion-clip/

I have never seen the Kevin series but I didn't know it was from the guys who did Reaper so could be tempted. Anyone here watch it?

I was just looking up reaper the other day, took awhile as couldn't remember the name of it, it use to be on RTE2 when I was watching it but like every thing else they moved time slots or skipped eps or just stopped showing and I forgot all about it till last week but apparently it ends in the middle of the story so no point finishing it.

That ritter dude, I like him, haven't really seen him in anything since that Alien series , had to scrool a long way to find that, made in 2011!!! Where are the years going!?

Wasting time watching TV!

^^Been thinking this alot lately, I watch to many shows, and really 75% are sh1te, I never really give a show up so am watching heaps, just lately dropped Green Arrow, Flash et all, CW shows not that I'd ever give a fiddlers about the Network, 5 eps into Black Lighting but shure its the same **** just different actors. All the Daredevil, jessica Jones etc pure ****. Good Doctor rubbish. So little is any good really.

Scorpion and Supernatural only 2 I'd actually miss of the way to many I look at.

I barely remember Reaper myself. Just the Ray Wise as the devil and the shop where they worked. Oh and Missy Peregrym now I think about it.
    I forgot Jason Ritter was in The Event, even though I watched it. I mostly just remember him from Joan of Arcadia.

As for watching too much tv, like I said earlier in the thread, I've decided to drop a load of shows I watch like Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, Supernatural, Riverdale and XFiles. Now I just watch Lucifer, Lethal Weapon, Legends of Tomorrow, Rebels and will watch iZombie when it returns. Maybe Ash vs Evil Dead as well. So just all the more fun shows.
    Oddly I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

• Advertisement

Reaper was a great show, but cancelled far too soon. And it had a fantastic cast too.

Advertisement