Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Off work this week. Finally finished Star Trek - Discovery. Next, Jessica Jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lisha wrote: »
    Save me is incredible alright. A bit too gritty though. I’m not sensitive but there’s parts of it thst will stay with me.
    Kinda liked that about it!

There's been far too many "kid goes missing" dramas lately (The Child In Time, The Missing, Kiri, Dark, The Moorside etc).. the grittiness set this apart!

Hoping to finish the last 2 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dawson's Creek reunion for it's 20th anniversary (some of cast seem ageless)

http://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/00000162-6ab9-d960-a767-7aff35e70000/dawsons-creek/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dawson's Creek reunion for it's 20th anniversary (some of cast seem ageless)
    They were the around the age they were meant to be in that program.

Meanwhile in beverly hills 90210
    in 1990, Carteris was cast in her best known role as studious school newspaper editor Andrea Zuckerman on Beverly Hills, 90210. At age 29, she was the oldest cast member to portray a 15-year-old.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Occasionally binge in clips from the Dr. Phil Show. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Adult Swim decided to use Rick and Morty again this year for April Fool's joke
    Video embedded in the article. I didn't like it.
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/2/17187908/rick-and-morty-bushworld-adventures-adult-swim-april-fools-day

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Murphy Brown cast back together
    30078746_165896624070609_660822572945899520_n.jpg?se=8&ig_cache_key=MTc1MTI4Nzk2MzY4ODY1MzY1Mw%3D%3D.2

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the one in the middle actually looks very like Murphy/Candice did back then!

the cheeks and the "flat" upper lip. (not meant to be anyway insulting, they looked great and still do)

b881edb499245a5a5acd21e3a091c62c

murphy-brown.jpg?w=605

• Registered Users Posts: 86,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

30078746_165896624070609_660822572945899520_n.jpg?se=8&ig_cache_key=MTc1MTI4Nzk2MzY4ODY1MzY1Mw%3D%3D.2

It needs a Denny Crane cameo and photobomb :P

Never watched but the guy on the left looks slightly different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just a heads up, as I'm sure many in here will be interested in this one... HBO documentary on André The Giant airs tonight in the States and will probably crop up on Sky Atlantic at some point in the not too distant future... "Anybody wanna peanut?"

It's fantastic I watched it this morning.

There's also this, difficult subject matter.

Lost in Space & Bosch season 4 dropped today!

No daylight for me for the next few days:)

Just a heads up, as I'm sure many in here will be interested in this one... HBO documentary on André The Giant airs tonight in the States and will probably crop up on Sky Atlantic at some point in the not too distant future... "Anybody wanna peanut?"

It's fantastic I watched it this morning.

Yeah, it's class. Well worth watching.

I was gonna say we were due for a reboot of The Fugitive from the 60s, but I see they already tried that in 2000/2001.

I remember catching an episode or 2 late at night on rte. Come to think of it, I think I saw all of it.

I know they're planning the new V movies, but wonder if they'll try Alien Nation again.

What other shows could they try to remake or do a sequel of? I know they did Girl Meets World. Maybe get a new Saved by The Bell with the kids of the original cast. But since Zack and Kelly got married 24 years ago, it's unlikely.
    Or a show like Early Edition. We already had the Cupid remake.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember catching an episode or 2 late at night on rte. Come to think of it, I think I saw all of it.

I know they're planning the new V movies, but wonder if they'll try Alien Nation again.

What other shows could they try to remake or do a sequel of? I know they did Girl Meets World. Maybe get a new Saved by The Bell with the kids of the original cast. But since Zack and Kelly got married 24 years ago, it's unlikely.
    Or a show like Early Edition. We already had the Cupid remake.

Netflix's Bright I feel is that.

What's the best source for seeing what's new on Netflix each week?

Flixable is pretty good and you can also keep an eye on what is getting removed too...

https://uk.flixable.com/

• Advertisement

This site gives you daily update to what is added on all streaming and pay services in Ireland and also what is available on each service.

You can set it up for whichever services you want.

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

There is this one too https://uk.newonnetflix.info/ but I think the links the 2 lads before me posted are better, I'd never heard of either so thanks for that too lads.

For any Smallville fans here, weird story surrounding one of its main actresses.
    Alison Mack (Chloe) has been arrested for sex trafficking for the sex cult she's a member of.
    http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/allison-mack-cult-sex-slaves-1202776211/

The rumour is that Kristin Kreuk (Lana) was the one who recruited her into the cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭trashcan

Anyone know when we can expect the new season of Better Call Saul ? It's usually on from March/April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

trashcan wrote: »
    Anyone know when we can expect the new season of Better Call Saul ? It's usually on from March/April.
    It's due to air in Autumn, popular theory seems to be September. It's taken longer because this season is said to be the most time consuming to write and shoot due to the sheer amount of storytelling involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Finished mcmafia last night I thought it was very good
    Planning to watch save me tonight hope it’s as good as it looks

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Interesting to see that Ryle Nugent, RTÉ Group Head of Sport, thinks RTE is a free service in this link
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/champions-league/tv3-dominate-rights-to-champions-league-football-for-next-three-years-as-rt-move-to-tuesday-evenings-36908941.html

some quotes:
    Ryle Nugent, RTÉ Group Head of Sport said that as a free-to-air organisation, the broadcaster is punching above its weight.

"To secure the UEFA Champions League first choice games on Tuesday nights for the next three seasons means that Irish audiences will continue to have free to air access to the world’s leading club competition.

Someone should tell him we pay over €13 per month for this free service.

Isn't he finished with RTE now I thought he quit in January.

May 25th is the 30th anniversary of creation of the Tommy Westphall TV Universe.

giphy.gif

For those that don't know it was the ending to St Elsewhere and well the beginning of linking so many shows.
    rexfeatures_5883770y1.jpg?w=400&h=320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

NIMAN wrote: »
    Interesting to see that Ryle Nugent, RTÉ Group Head of Sport, thinks RTE is a free service in this link
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/champions-league/tv3-dominate-rights-to-champions-league-football-for-next-three-years-as-rt-move-to-tuesday-evenings-36908941.html

some quotes:
    Ryle Nugent, RTÉ Group Head of Sport said that as a free-to-air organisation, the broadcaster is punching above its weight.

"To secure the UEFA Champions League first choice games on Tuesday nights for the next three seasons means that Irish audiences will continue to have free to air access to the world’s leading club competition.

Someone should tell him we pay over €13 per month for this free service.

That's not what free to air means. RTE is free-to-air (on Saorview).

Advertisement