Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

When I read the synopsis for this the other day, I thought it sounded pretty weak and awful fit for The CW, but actually it looks like it has a lot of potential. Getting a Friday Night Lights meets Beverly Hills 90210 kind of vibe from it.

I also didn't realise it was yet another Greg Berlanti show - how many shows does that guy have on the air now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I also didn't realise it was yet another Greg Berlanti show - how many shows does that guy have on the air now?

He has 14 series on airing beating the record held by Aaron Spelling
    http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/greg-berlanti-series-record-netflix-everwood-1202810426/

The list includes All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale and Supergirl for The CW;Blindspot for NBC; God Friended Me and The Red Line for CBS; Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for Netflix;Titans and Doom Patrol for the DC Universe digital service; and You for Lifetime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

No UK press tour for Arrested Development given the cluster you know what from that NY Times interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,547 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

When you watch cynical garbage like Sharknado, remember all those ScyFy shows you liked that got cancelled :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Michael Palin travel doc fans - he's covering North Korea and it'll be with us later in the year.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-palin-heads-north-korea-tv-travel-doc-1113616

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Prefer Karl pilkington myself

The internet isn’t for everyone

This will make an interesting Made for Tv film one day.

Smallville Star Allison Mack Says Branding Women in NXIVM ‘Sex Cult’ Was Her Idea
    Allison Mack, the former “Smallville” star arrested last month on sex trafficking charges for her role as a leader of the NXIVM organization that authorities have called a “sex cult,” said that she came up with the idea of physically branding the women in the group.

“I was like: ‘Y’all, a tattoo? People get drunk and tattooed on their ankle ‘BFF,’ or a tramp stamp,” Mack told the New York Times Magazine in a story published late Wednesday. “I have two tattoos and they mean nothing.'”

Times writer Vanessa Grigoriadis also reported that not all of the women who received the cauterized brand were told that the symbol contained the initials of both NXIVM founder Keith Raniere and Mack herself.

https://www.thewrap.com/smallville-star-allison-mack-claims-credit-branding-women-nxivm-sex-cult/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hear the West Wing theme in my dreams now. Just starting Season 4 Episode 17 after picking it back up last weekend at about Season 3 Episode 16. Had a long break before then.
    Very easy show to watch, which can't usually be said about shows with loads of talking.
    First time watching

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Did anyone see the grand designs that was just on.A family made a house in france from car tyres and dirt and other stuff.Turned out well but I missed the part when he asked,how much he built the house for.Did anyone catch it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Did anyone see the grand designs that was just on.A family made a house in france from car tyres and dirt and other stuff.Turned out well but I missed the part when he asked,how much he built the house for.Did anyone catch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Quazzie wrote: »

135k seems like a crazy amount to pay for that house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Goliath series 2 returning soon.
    On Amazon prime, I think.
    The 1st series was excellent..

4Ad wrote: »
    Goliath series 2 returning soon.
    On Amazon prime, I think.
    The 1st series was excellent..

15th is the return of Goliath

Chris Hardwick who presents Talking Dead, is now in the news due to what he put his ex through

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/chris-hardwick-chloe-dykstra-blacklist-allegation-1202848206/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Leaving aside the abuse allegations (having read Dykstra's account it sounded pretty horrendous, and while she left Hardwick unnamed, it wasn't hard to work out who she meant), I just don't "get" the point of these after-shows. What little I've seen they just come off excessively & obnoxioisly self congratulatory. Studio mandated versions of those eyewatering YouTube dissections.

Was quickly watching the MTV Movie & TV Awards. They're not risking getting accused of discrimination anyway

Watched the first episode of Take Two. Harmless summer show from the creator and producer of Castle

Might cancel my Netflix next month to focus on finishing Oz.

Might cancel my Netflix next month to focus on finishing Oz.

Great series
    One of the actors Lee Tergesson (Tobias Beecher in OZ) from that is in the series I’m watching at the moment Americans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    I won't dig up the old thread, but my girlfriend and I have been ploughing through Parenthood (about three quarters the way through season 2 now).

What a fantastic, underrated show.

Great cast, relatable stories, and solid acting all round.

I preferred the season 1 theme song though (the Lucy Schwartz one). Don't like the Bob Dylan theme song at all. :)

4 months later, getting through a few episodes a week, we finally finished the last episode. Season 6 was very hard going in places - my dad went through heart surgery a few years ago, so some of it was a bit close to the bone.

I think this show really did go from strength to strength, and finished as strong as it possibly could have. The final story element (no spoilers) was perfectly handled. They could have gone in very sentimental and heavy handed, but it was superbly well written and restrained. Just perfect.

I was still in bits at the end though. Fecking hayfever. :o

Any recommendations for something new along the lines of Parenthood? I was thinking The Gilmore Girls maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah, Gilmore Girls is on TG4 at around lunchtime. Not sure where on the story-line it is, the bits I've caught. Used to watch it with my mother, visiting her, about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

tampopo wrote: »
    Yeah, Gilmore Girls is on TG4 at around lunchtime. Not sure where on the story-line it is, the bits I've caught. Used to watch it with my mother, visiting her, about 10 years ago.
    According to DigiGuide the last episode on Friday was season 6 episode 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All 7 series of Gilmore Girls, and the revival series, are on Netflix.

Wholeheartedly recommend it.. writing is something else.. very refreshing.. and not a weak link in that cast all the way from the leads in Graham and Bledel to Sean Gunn's always entertaining performance as Kurt. Netflix revival was only OK though IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If you want to watch something quite surreal in 2018, check out The Indoor League on FTA channel Property TV at lunchtime, not sure if it's lurking on the SKY EPG. If you didn't know better you'd think it was a parody of the 1970s rather than actually being the 1970s.

Rewatched the first two episodes of Breaking Bad. Now seeing it as a comedy. :o

Kelsey Grammer is considering Rebooting Frasier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kelsey Grammer is considering Rebooting Frasier :(
    Perfect excuse to repost this piece of genius..

sean-leahy-thepunningman-hey-baby-l-hear-the-blues-a-32413260.png

Guess Grammer looked at the Roseanne reboot and figured the spotlight was shining on washed-up, right-leaning 90s celebrities?

Frasier still remains one of the great sitcoms; couldn't see how a reboot would improve or better anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

pixelburp wrote: »
    Guess Grammer looked at the Roseanne reboot and figured the spotlight was shining on washed-up, right-leaning 90s celebrities?

Frasier still remains one of the great sitcoms; couldn't see how a reboot would improve or better anything.

Particularly as it faded a bit by the end imo (though still very good), and Marty is no longer with us.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement