Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's on tonight.

DragonSharks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really don't think there are any words to how bad Sharknado 6 actually is.

I really enjoyed how bad it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I think they blew their budget doing the
    Planet of the Aprils
    scene and the rest of the film was written, filmed and effects added with the remaining $100.

Was gloriously bad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An unpopular opinion, but honestly I'm just bitter at all the great shows SyFy cancel every year, while making winkwinkironic garbage like Sharknado. In a year they cancelled The Expanse n all (yes I know it was renewed, but it was ludicrous it ever was at risk)

If you want sh*tty bad-good-shark movies, you can't beat stuff like Shark Attack 3, which aren't trying to be in on the joke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sharknado 6 was the worst of all of them. I think the effects got worse. The story was absolutely horrific.

This was my face during the 10 minute dumber than dumb Sharknado climax:

iZ83X0z.jpg

• Advertisement

Was just reading through the pilots that have been ordered to series or passed over. The conclusion I've come to is they'd really narrow the shows down if they decided one year to not do anything with cops or FBI.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-pilots-2018-complete-guide-1076193

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Must be some amount of stuff that doesn't even get past the pitch, let alone financed.

Another brilliant bad lip reading. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Two giants (from March). :)

How the f**k do you write so many books so fast?!

Full. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-kAll5XlNY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sick Note season 2 is so poor.
    I enjoyed season 1 at times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So while chatting to press about The Happytime Murders, Brian Henson revealed he's still working on bringing Farscape back. No details or hints about whether it'd be a continuation, a reboot or whatever, just that it's being thrown around internally.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/farscape/60050/brian-henson-on-what-s-holding-up-the-return-of-farscape

I thought Peacekeeper Wars wrapped things up nicely.
    More importantly, any mention of the Dark Crystal series?

Enjoyed Art Attack back in the day. Didn't realise it ran into the 2000s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Attack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

Michael Palin travel doc fans - he's covering North Korea and it'll be with us later in the year.
    Thursday 20th September at 9pm on Channel 5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's rare enough that I watch live TV anymore but I was looking for the Germany match and instead stumbled across Forces TV's schedule tonight.

Knight Rider now, Starsky and Hutch next, and Battlestar Galactica (the proper original version) after that.

This may be the most epic TV channel in years :p

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It's rare enough that I watch live TV anymore but I was looking for the Germany match and instead stumbled across Forces TV's schedule tonight.

Knight Rider now, Starsky and Hutch next, and Battlestar Galactica (the proper original version) after that.

And Mannix after that (Season one Episode two).

I don't know about the others but Mannix is cut for violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

brian_t wrote: »
    And Mannix after that (Season one Episode two).

I don't know about the others but Mannix is cut for violence.

Didn't notice anything on Knight Rider but it was always fairly tame anyway.

Pretty ironic cutting violence on a channel aimed at the armed forces though!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I enjoyed an Australian comedy series 'No Activity' from a few years ago which started on BBC2 last night with a double bill (and little fanfare). Worth a look, review here https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/sep/09/no-activity-review-nothing-happens-but-thats-the-point-of-this-hilarious-cop-comedy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Activity

Apparently it has been remade in America with Will Ferrell

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105123474

Skid X wrote: »
    I enjoyed an Australian comedy series 'No Activity' from a few years ago which started on BBC2 last night with a double bill (and little fanfare).

I enjoyed it too. It's repeated late Wednesday night if anyone wants to catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

brian_t wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too. It's repeated late Wednesday night if anyone wants to catch it.

Nice one brian, I didn't spot that.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Finished Successsion on sky.
    Enjoyable..Such a thoroughly dislikeable family, power and greed.
    Worth watching..

Just finished the season finale of Take Two. Really enjoyed the show. Hope for a second season

A new show started this week in the US called The Hunt for the Trump Tapes with Tom Arnold.

I love this Trump stuff, so this show is right up my alley. He is looking for the Howard Stern tapes, the Russian Pee Pee tapes, the Apprentice tapes, and anything else he can get his hands on.

I wouldn't put it past Tom to get some of it either!

There was a brilliant episode of The Good Fight that centred around the discovery of the Pee Tape. Managed to convincingly hedge its bets as to whether what the characters had was the genuine article or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Is that on Eir?

Had a look and can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

RTÉ had a drama series few years ago called Legend.

Anyone know the name of the money lender who was harassing the main character? Was his name Animal and played by Emmet Kirwan or was he the money lender's thug?

This popped up on my facebook feed today.
    Crying with laughter in work is not a good look. :)

I've gone down the rabbit hole of watching Mock the Week clips back to back to back to back, but this is the funniest one I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Scenes We'd Like To See is always the best bit of 'Mock The Week'.. especially if James Acaster is on:

Ah, the hell with it.. here's loads more:

• Advertisement

Thanks.... I'll watch those at home tonight from the privacy of my own tablet. :)

Advertisement