Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I watched Home last night. That is, 4.02 from The X Files. Honestly haven't watched it on over 20 years I'd say. Oh, the format on the DVDs. :o Fantastic episode, btw. Sad, but not without some humour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Leah Cairns of BSG, Interstellar, Travellers, etc, has stage 3 aggressive breast cancer. Horrible thing for anyone to be dealing with. Diagnosed after she started on Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would say Netflix and other steamers will see a huge jump in subs over the coming weeks and months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Indeed you'd imagine their servers have been hammered the last week or so, but I haven't experienced any great lag or issues. Ditto the ISP in general TBH but who knows how long that'll last.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Obviously this is far, far down the priority lists of things to be concerned about, but the autumn and winter schedules will be really weird. Seems like a bunch of shows won't be out or coming back anytime soon.

• Advertisement

Ah just like the writers strike 12/13 years ago that lasted for months and delayed shows it will get back to normal in time.

The only difference now is the networks have the streamers as competition and this may lead to a huge huge cord cutting numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just saw this article on metacritic. A lot of shows are stuck in limbo since last week.

TV schedules are really going to dry up in the next few weeks.

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/movies-and-tv-shows-delayed-by-coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Planning to catch up on my Six One News boxset and wait for all this to blow over!

Honestly, I'd say Netflix are rubbing their hands right now (presumably with hand sanitizer obvs).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Planning to catch up on my Six One News boxset and wait for all this to blow over!
    They mention a virus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They mention a virus
    I'm only at
    Man Slips On Ice

• Advertisement

This is mad....

Big Brother Germany To Tell Housemates About Coronavirus Outbreak In Special Live Episode

Contestants on the German version of Big Brother are to be told about the severity of the coronavirus outbreak in a special live episode of the reality show.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that the housemates taking part in the 13th series of the German reality show were none-the-wiser about the global pandemic, having entered the house at the beginning of February.

The live episode is tonight...

http://huffp.st/WNAd8Nq

I wonder how many Countries are filming Survivor around the world at the moment in deserted islands if there are any they might be some the safest people on the earth from the virus.

Mr E wrote: »
    This is mad....

Big Brother Germany To Tell Housemates About Coronavirus Outbreak In Special Live Episode

Contestants on the German version of Big Brother are to be told about the severity of the coronavirus outbreak in a special live episode of the reality show.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that the housemates taking part in the 13th series of the German reality show were none-the-wiser about the global pandemic, having entered the house at the beginning of February.

The live episode is tonight...

http://huffp.st/WNAd8Nq

Just remembering Dead Set

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I wonder how many Countries are filming Survivor around the world at the moment in deserted islands if there are any they might be some the safest people on the earth from the virus.

I doubt there will be too many 'eat the disgusting food' challenges for a while to come. Bat soup anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Where's Nigel Fairservice? His episode of Frasier is on now.

Romping through the fens and spinneys with his school chums I expect.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Can't find a video of the German Big Brother house being told the news, but how about the Brazilian
    https://twitter.com/witharisgz/status/1239750303244865536

Lordy, forgot Dave were making these - and a feature length episode too. The gang are looking a little old though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,590 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On RTE 1 right now, Mass, the chalice work is exceptional.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Mr E wrote: »
    They could have done so much more!!! So disappointed in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mitchell and Webb saw the future

I particularly like this one: if you're caught out in the open, lie down in any convenient, lead lined concrete mountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

toilet rolls again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Am i the only one who thinks that David Mcullagh from RTE looks like Rowan Atkinson

MV5BMTg3NDUzOTc3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjcxMDkxNw@@._V1_.jpg

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQwuh4On7te9PKF2fgEwtRY4B6M9TgoUTP6YzJQSztmBK5Umfzo

• Registered Users Posts: 86,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

15 years since The Office US began

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

15 years since The Office should've ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭jacool

RTE2 just did an hour of schooling. Judging by the irish muinteoir there'll be a lot of dads watching with their kids for the week!

• Advertisement

jacool wrote: »
    RTE2 just did an hour of schooling. Judging by the irish muinteoir there'll be a lot of dads watching with their kids for the week!
    Pics or GTFO! :pac:

Advertisement